On stockpiling after FDA deeming regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
So I've bought several extra tanks (STMs), extra replacement glass, tank bases/afc units, and RBAs. I've also purchased a few extra mods, and plan to buy more. I'm about to venture into DIY juice, and start stocking up on nicotine base as well.

Quick question to those that have stocked up extra mods: is it better to rotate through your mods and keep them all going, or should I just leave the extras in the box after testing and cycle through them as mods die?

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So I've bought several extra tanks (STMs), extra replacement glass, tank bases/afc units, and RBAs. I've also purchased a few extra mods, and plan to buy more. I'm about to venture into DIY juice, and start stocking up on nicotine base as well.

Quick question to those that have stocked up extra mods: is it better to rotate through your mods and keep them all going, or should I just leave the extras in the box after testing and cycle through them as mods die?

I heave all but my Mini Volt and 1 eVic VTC Mini in the box after testing.

The eleaf Pico will replace my Mini Volt when my MV dies

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
I use all my mods as the mood strikes me. Putting them in an end of the world box just doesn't seem like fun!!!! :sneaky:
Precisely! I'm enjoying all my devices as intended.
However, I have been stocking up on replacement parts and repair kits for the parts that aren't easily obtained from any corner hardware store.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Thanks all. I've just been buying multiples of the low cost mods that have been coming out recently, so I have several PICOs and a couple of kanger kboxes (these two used to be my primary devices) in my vapocalypse box. Currently running a Sigelei 90 Spark as my primary, which I bought for the vapocalypse but couldn't resist using.

@UnclePsyko - are there things besides backup glass tubes for my tanks, extra RBA parts, and extra bases for my tank that you're getting that are "replacement parts that aren't easily obtained from hardware stores"?

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have a good selection of mods and I use them all through light rotation. I currently have 4 that I use regularly, my work mod (pocket friendly) my RDA mod for dripping different flavors and a couple that I just use around the house. No 1 mod gets used more than others. If I buy a new mod, I will use it for a while and shelve another one, I have 6 on a shelf that eventually get worked back into rotation. I will be purchasing a couple of extras of my favorite mods, but for future proofing I have a couple of mechanicals in my Vapocolypse box as well as RDAs.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have a good selection of mods and I use them all through light rotation. I currently have 4 that I use regularly, my work mod (pocket friendly) my RDA mod for dripping different flavors and a couple that I just use around the house. No 1 mod gets used more than others. If I buy a new mod, I will use it for a while and shelve another one, I have 6 on a shelf that eventually get worked back into rotation. I will be purchasing a couple of extras of my favorite mods, but for future proofing I have a couple of mechanicals in my Vapocolypse box as well as RDAs.

You're never been trained as a survivalist.

3 of my mods are wrapped in rubber and stored in metal ammo box just in case of EMP.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
are there things besides backup glass tubes for my tanks, extra RBA parts, and extra bases for my tank that you're getting that are "replacement parts that aren't easily obtained from hardware stores"?
Extra glass is a big one! I really don't know where one would find replacements to fit a specific tank if the original part becomes a restricted item.
RBA decks are fairly robust, but things happen... if you can get rebuild kits for it (insulators, screws, etc) then I would say get them, they're not that expensive at this point.
I personally run mechanical mods exclusively (Reos Mods) so I have extra springs, firing pins, SS 510 connectors, insulators, etc. so I can easily make repairs if such a time comes.
So far, my Reos have been in service for a few years now, and only had to replace one heat spring... and that was my own fault.
I don't want to have to rely on any electronics in the long run.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
For me, I have all the gear I think I can use for the foreseeable future. With 5 liters of nic in the freezer, I figure two or three more and I can vape the rest of my life tax and regulation free. Hope everyone else saw the writing on the wall.

I did, and been telling people to prepare since i joined July , 2015.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
You're never been trained as a survivalist.

3 of my mods are wrapped in rubber and stored in metal ammo box just in case of EMP.
Well mine are in a fireproof box inside a 3000lb cement firewalled safe filled with my 2nd amendment rights, but you are right I may need to wrap them in rubber also.
My UHF radios are rubber wrapped and as for being a survivalist I believe my 6 8lb buckets of freeze dried meals from Wise and 4 buckets from Mountain house have me set for a while although I did see some new meals I may want to add for my dining pleasure. I even have freeze dried dog food as well as a buckets of water packs and juice drinks;) I think I am set for a while:)

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I did, and been telling people to prepare since i joined July , 2015.
I've been telling all who will listen. My biggest surprise, when I came to work this morning and I was the only vaper who had any idea of what happened.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Since i tootle puff I wait until new versions of mods come out and then buy the older 40w mods cheap. Test'em and then stash'em. I can buy complete Kayfuns now cheaper than I could buy their parts for so I just keep piling them up also.
I'm the same - at least I think I'm still considered a tootle puffer given all these .15 ohm setups these days. I just use 28g kanthal to make 1.0 ohm builds and vape on my STM at 20 watts. No need for more for me. But I've been surprised at how new models are coming out pretty cheap these days - bought 3 eLeaf PICOs before I ever laid eyes on one of em for $28 a pop online. The Sigelei Spark 90W for $35 was nice too.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I'm the same - at least I think I'm still considered a tootle puffer given all these .15 ohm setups these days. I just use 28g kanthal to make 1.0 ohm builds and vape on my STM at 20 watts. No need for more for me. But I've been surprised at how new models are coming out pretty cheap these days - bought 3 eLeaf PICOs before I ever laid eyes on one of em for $28 a pop online. The Sigelei Spark 90W for $35 was nice too.

I just ordered a couple of these Friday Presa TC 75W by Wismec $29.99. Suppose to be the same chip as the Evic Mini and I will just stash these also.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not concerned. I'll be on 0 nic by then and I diy, only use rebuildable stuff, etc. Just glad I got into the hobbiest aspect when I did to have a couple of years to accumulate a collection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread