Status
Not open for further replies.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Is it possible to install an micro-USB to balance charging chip to allow for charging an internal 3S LiPo in something non-dna (i.e. a SmartPWM device)? I've seen the 1A JBtek boards but I am assuming those are for single cell LiPo's.

Thanks for the help!
What you could do is attach a JST balance plug on leads from the battery and mount it like a usb plug to the exterior of the mod. Then you could just plug a regular balance charger right into the mod. Just like we do with every other USB charged device. The JST is larger than a USB but they are still small enough that it would not look too bad I do not think.

edit

The JBtek is a TP4056 I think and it will only handle 4.2v cells in parallel not series.

Yihi makes a two cell balance board that works very well. I think you can get them stand alone from Varitube. 2 cell series maybe not enough for you though.

Last edited:
Reactions: M M VAPER

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Is it possible to install an micro-USB to balance charging chip to allow for charging an internal 3S LiPo in something non-DNA (i.e. a SmartPWM device)? I've seen the 1A JBtek boards but I am assuming those are for single cell LiPo's.

Thanks for the help!
hi !
I am using 18650 batts in series in a mod with the smart pwm 2.2 could not find a balance charger and the one I looked at needed 12 volts input.so using something a little different. to be able to charge w 5 v usb. have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread