Once accepted, now prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robdob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Colorado, via NH
An interesting thing happened today at a local bar/eatery/poker place that has allowed vaping. I was told that vaping will be prohibited on the grounds soon, because some people have been vaping {OTHER STUFF}. Are you kidding me???? Why would people do that in a public place? The owner said she can't take the risk. She's had a few people removed and barred from the premises. It's happened several times, and she can't tell the difference because the place is huge. As the owner, she could be prosecuted. She apologized for the inconvenience, and is afraid she's going to lose customers. I just want to find those people and shake them! Is this just another way we are losing ground?

Last edited by a moderator:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited by a moderator:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
It's a darn shame, but I can understand where the owner is coming from.

To the OP, your location has me confused - was this taking place in CO where partaking in alternative vaping activities is permitted by law? I was wondering if the recent loosening of certain regulations may have emboldened the tie-dyed crowd...?

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Keeping pretty vague in light of the rules, I knew some guys doing this years back in Egos making their own liquid. You can now buy so called e-solid atomizers and such that I understand are designed with nothing else in mind that will screw right on to whatever PV you are using now. It's got its own subsection under e-cigs on fasttech for goodness sake. It is a real and growing concern. I recently had a police officer compliment me on my juice, he then explained that he had moved in to position to smell it for a reason. He said it was getting more and more common, and that is here in Oklahoma, no where near legalization.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I had that happen to me as well for the same reason in a bar/restaurant. They can't tell the difference so now it's not allowed. The OP lives in Colorado though, which seems strange that this rule would apply.

A place I would play poker on Tuesday nights implemented the same rule and well I just don't go there anymore. A few people complained about it (older 60+ crowd) and now I can't vape while I play. I would step away from the table from time to time and don't even allow that. I was a bit pissy about it when I was told and the smokers smiled with glee (cause I think were a bit jealous before lol).

I blame Smooth Criminal eliquid, cause they love the smell of Nicoticket The Virus. Vaping is quickly becoming the same as smoking and this infuriates me to no end.

HowlinMadMurphy

Jul 20, 2014
Detroit, MI
This is why I avoid vaping next to cops at stop lights, not really worried about it but I don't want to put up with the hassle. I already get enough looks from average people, some old ....... yelled at my wife at a stop light one day thinking she was getting high...he's lucky I wasn't with her.

It sucks but I saw this coming, "but it could be drugs!" yeah...I rolled my own cigs and you have no idea what I was putting in them either.....

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Don't blame foreign vendors for not caring for the narrow mindedness of your (local) government lol.

Who was I blaming? My only annoyance at all is with jack holes using them in public resulting in negative consequences for us vapers. That and the smell makes me physically ill, but mostly I don't approve of them using us vapers as a disguise. The legal status has nothing to do with it. Many of these so called atomizers are nothing of the sort, and produce smoke, not vapor. This results in establishments that don't want 2nd hand smoke or for their business to smell like a state university dorm room having to ban everything to avoid the hassle altogether.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
It is a poor excuse though. I have dumped vodka in a watermelon.. very tasty. I have snuck beer cans into football games.. A pringles can holds 2 cans of beer nicely. heck my coffee mug that I drive daily with can hold almost anything. In college I would always have a taster with with.. jack and coke.. on my monday morning stroll to campus from the fraternity house.

I just dropped off something for my 12 year old at school. The last time it happened, she never did receive it. I spoke to the person about it and said what if I wanted to call her down to the office to get. She said I will have to ask the principle if that is okay. I smiled, but thought, "really". I am the parent of this 12 year old girl and you as a school have the right to supersede my parental rights. Anyway.. society is going to hell in handbasket with all the self righteous people that think they are above everyone else.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
post an ad on craigslist in the groups,general and,rants and raves sections and see
if you can get some local vapers who go there together for a meeting with the owner.

explain to them you would like to do business at their establishment but,their
new rule is an inconvenience and you are taking your business elsewhere.
suggest if perhaps they put signs that stated illegal activities will not be tolerated
and and violators will be arrested would be a better solution.

if they followed through the word would get out pretty fast to the folks perpetrating
this activity and she would have more customers.
remind her more and more people are switching to PV's every day and alienating a growing group
of potential customers may not be a good idea.
:2c:
regards
mike

Robdob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Colorado, via NH
Careful with this topic folks. We don't permit the mention of any illicit substance, whether it's legal in your area or not.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ation/255864-why-we-dont-allow-drug-talk.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Thank you :)

Sorry, I guess I thought it legitimate because it's so relevant to vapers losing trust. This is a subject that effects us all. If we become barred from vaping because of a few idiots, when is BT and BP going to jump on the bandwagon? Yeah, smoking (word prohibited) is legal in Colorado, but not in public places, especially a gaming facility.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... As the owner, she could be prosecuted. She apologized for the inconvenience, and is afraid she's going to lose customers. I just want to find those people and shake them! Is this just another way we are losing ground?

As with Many Things, there is Always a Small Group of People who Screw it Up for the Vast Majority. e-Cigarette use is No Different.

And Yes. We are Losing Ground on this Issue. I have been asked to Advise a Couple of Entities as to Fair e-Cigarette Use. And the Question of what Could be placed inside an e-Cigarette has been a Prominent Concern with those Policy Makers.

BTW - There was Talk that an Individual did what you Mentioned at the ECC 2014 Convention. But it was Not Confirmed that it was the Actual Substance or just Something that Smelled like the Actual Substance.

Either Way, It was Not Well Received by either ECC 2014 Participants/Exhibitors or Law Enforcement Individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread