The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

One cold Winter!

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by NCC, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I've lived in Northwest Florida for approximately 35 of the past 46 years. I saw a local TV weatherguy mention that we'd have to go back to the 1970s for the last time we had such a prolonged span of cool weather here.

Yeah, I'm way up North when compared to most of you. And, it does get colder up here. But, our normal Winter has a few cold spells, perhaps a couple hard freezes scattered through December through February, split up with much more mild temperatures, with highs in the 60s and 70s. This year Winter has been really unusual, in that the cold has hung around with few breaks ... for months! Pretty strange.

Of course, this season has been a bit abnormal just about everywhere. Now that I think about it, weather worldwide has been pretty peculiar for a decade or so.

Hmmmm. [​IMG]

2. Metstoo

Metstoo Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Central Florida
    I've been in FL since '91 and it may just be me getting older but it does seem like the weather has gone off the norm. Summers seem way hotter! This extended cold is weird too, though we've had such mild winters for the past 5 years I guess the contrast is more striking. I do recall being VERY cold here in winter my first few years here though I can't recall it lasting this long.

Brrr!

3. Katattack

Katattack Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2010
    FL
    Personally, I think it's getting back to normal. I grew up in N.central FL and as it got to around the 90's (maybe late 80's) I noticed that the summers weren't as hot and the winters not as cold. Also, the rainy season seemed to have shifted by a month or so from the 70s & 80s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.