one last try on clearimizers can you talk me out of this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
Ok so i just dipped into my Provari fund and got a MVP2 because i found a great deal and my Ego C Twist wont last a whole day. Anyways im getting tired of clearimizers just not having good luck so far. The one ive had the best luck with is the Kanger T3 but you cant let it get kinda low or it leaks. It sounds like the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]Aspire Vivi [/FONT]Nova [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]BDC tank's [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]are looking [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]promising anyone have any pro and cons? do you know something better? has anyone seen a 8 pack of them? The reason im sticking with clearo's are its best for me to take to work. Thanks guys! [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif] im sorry i know there is a tank thread going right now.[/FONT][h=1][/h]

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
After trying clearos and cartos I don't want either one. All have their +/-.
I prefer RBAs now.
On that note, I'm not going to try to talk you in/out of anything.
Only you know what you want to do and what you want to spend your money on.

If you try the Aspire and it doesn't meet your needs, try something else.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
After trying almost every delivery device imaginable, I've always gone back to tried and true cartomizer tanks (carto tanks). Sure, they have a tiny learning curve and require a teensy weensy bit of practice to get priming the carto down, but after that everything is easy-peasy.

If you're simply curious and want to try out the Aspire, I say go for it. But if it, too, fails to live up to your expectations, the good ol' carto tanks will still be there for you to master next.

PM Baditude or reference his blogs for some excellent info on carto tanks.

I personally prefer IBTanked pyrex glass tanks and Smoktech 2.0 ohm single-coil single-hole punched DCT replacement cartos. They seem to have a "looser" wrapping of the polyfill as opposed to Boges or Ikenvapes (Baditude's favorites). My favorite juice is Boba's Bounty, and it is pretty thick, and it tends to wick better inside a Smoktech carto.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
I LOVE the iClear 16s. Just love them. They last forever for me. I do think they use more juice, but I feel as though I get more flavor. I've not had one single leak and they fill easily. I have 6 of them locked and loaded at the moment and nary a complaint.
I've used evods, iClear 30, CE4, CE (something) wickless, and mini protankII.
Good luck in your quest.
(also I hated my evods till I stuck them on an MVP2. and love them but only on that batter)

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
and what carto do you like the most

Having been through quite a few CE4's - which aren't exactly the worst things ever - this cartotank has been a bit of a revelation. I *really* liked the iClear 30 that came with my MVP V2 but it was inconsistent. One hit was godly, the next would be gurgly. When it's on, it has flavor for days (and for me, flavor > vapor). Anyway, I digress. I picked up a Smok Artemas carto tank, it holds a little over 3ml so it has plenty of capacity for me. I am using Boge laser-slotted cartos in it, these guys:

Boge 510 XL LR Stainless (Laser Slotted) - (1 box)

Truly a great vape, it always seems to taste the same and that taste is more flavorful than clearo wicks, IMO. Now, don't get me wrong, a clearo is not a clearo is not a clearo. I am simply comparing this setup to a CE4 (wickless, for what it's worth), Vivi Novas, and iClear 30s. I unwittingly got some clone EVODs and they were not good but I'm not comparing the cartotank to a true EVOD.

I ordered 3 more carto tanks (SMOK Artemas for what its worth) last night. I have a few Vivi Novas kicking around as well until I get a dripping atomizer so I can switch back and forth on flavors when I want.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
After trying almost every delivery device imaginable, I've always gone back to tried and true cartomizer tanks (carto tanks). Sure, they have a tiny learning curve and require a teensy weensy bit of practice to get priming the carto down, but after that everything is easy-peasy.

If you're simply curious and want to try out the Aspire, I say go for it. But if it, too, fails to live up to your expectations, the good ol' carto tanks will still be there for you to master next.

PM Baditude or reference his blogs for some excellent info on carto tanks.

I personally prefer IBTanked pyrex glass tanks and Smoktech 2.0 ohm single-coil single-hole punched DCT replacement cartos. They seem to have a "looser" wrapping of the polyfill as opposed to Boges or Ikenvapes (Baditude's favorites). My favorite juice is Boba's Bounty, and it is pretty thick, and it tends to wick better inside a Smoktech carto.

i used one 3 years ago when i got my first ecig it was a Super Ego it worked good i just dont know anything about them now things have changed.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I seen some people argue over what a iClear 30s is and if it's a clearomizer or not.
But anyways Innokin has it listed as a clearomizer so I will go with that.

I got a iClear 30s with my VTR and I really am liking it.

View attachment 270964 View attachment 270962 View attachment 270963

Still has 16 wicks like the iClear 30 but they inside that tube like thing. I don't think its re-buildable.
Gives me a big smooth hit.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Oooooh, man, a LOT has changed in 3 years! :vapor:

ok well i have a aspire on the way if it doesnt work out the carto will be next! Boba's is my daily vape im allergic to PG so thats great to know they work good with VG!!! When ever you get a chance will you post a link to your top 2 carto's ill bookmark them so i dont forget. id like to get a few anyways just to see what i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread