One Month Aniversary - I found my willpower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grateful

Nov 3, 2009
St. Paul, MN
Today is my one month anniversary of vaping... no analogs (20+/day) after 36 years! What a learning curve it has been, this is where my OCD kicked in LOL!

But, the 1st 2 weeks I was miserable with extreme dry/raw throat, canker sores, cuts on my tongue, and real sore muscles (nic withdrawal?), so much so that I didn't know how long I could do it. After 2 weeks, I started diluting my PG based 18 mg nic juice with 40% VG or Homco Glycerin (Walmart $3.) to get around 12 mg nic. Irritation diminished, although my throat still gets dry (not raw) sometimes... so I just suck on lozenges which helps create saliva and drink more water. By diluting I lost some flavor, so added a little mint nic juice. I really like vaping VG & PG so much better, the only downfall is I think the VG makes my hair oily.

I owe my success thus far to the veteran's on this site, to blue foam cart mod for my 510 (spring vertical), adding 40% VG, and a will power I thought I had lost. My self confidence has risen greatly, and I have no desire to ever go back. Thanks Again everyone!!!

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Man, that is willpower! Congrats! I'm continually amazed by how many people have kicked long and hard analog habits with vaping.

(I've been a low-level/less than half a pack analog smoker for a couple years, but started having some health problems that mean I shouldn't smoke. Now I feel like I'd be such a wimp if I couldn't do it!)

And oh, the OCD sure helps... spending hours on the forum to make sure the arrangements are right, the right merchants selected, the parts are perfectly cared for, etc... When it comes time to (1) clean my atomizers and (2) make my own juice, I think I'll need to quit work and just obsess about techniques and precision full-time, lol.

Oh - you read the bad experience w/ Humco glycerin on the DIY e-liquid forum, right? If it gives you any problems you probably want to switch to a pure USP vegetable glycerin.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Congratulations, Grateful! It really gets exciting when you start feeling the pay off. I think by 2 weeks, I was over the worst of it (sore throat and headache for me), and I saw the first real benefit--my smoker's cough was pretty much gone. At about 1 month, I noticed I could breath deeper and I was no longer getting winded as easily. My tastebuds also started coming online about the one month mark.

When you start really experiencing the benefits, it makes even the most skeptical of us true believers. :wub:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
What a great post and so inspirational and motivating to those who are well on their way to becoming "analog-free". 36+ years of analogs and I was one of the fortunate ones who quit INSTANTLY after my very first vape and have no intentions or desire to look back. It's only been 17 days/2 hours/51 minutes and (let me look) 35 seconds since my last analog but I'm well on my way to a healthier and perhaps longer life.

No withdrawal symtoms at all, I'm sleeping better, breathing better, sense of smell and taste are coming back strong, no more smell/smoke/ashes/lighters/butts, etc. I am in vaping heaven.

And another plus for me is that I've already talked a few long-time smokers to get their own and they are also well on their way to a better life. I couldn't be happier for that!

Congrats to ALL who make the effort!!!

:thumb:

Leita

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Texas Coast
Living in Miami I looked forward to going outside in the winter for a smoke. It was those darn 100 degree / 80% humidity Summers I couldn't stand!!

Same here. I don't know what's worse in S. Texas, the heat, humidity or mosquitoes. :evil:

The only thing worse was a winter visit to a non-smoker's home near Chicago. After one miserable day trying to smoke in a blizzard (okay, it was just sprinkling snow, but still..) I wound up in a hotel room. Anyone who can keep smoking in that kind of weather is one tough S.O.B. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread