One month of vaping-Observations-My hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I have been on ecigs for one month now, exclusively, no cigs!

This has been incredibly easy!

Things I notice so far:

My sense of smell came back first, the world is so full of scents!

I breathe deeper.

I have more energy with all this extra oxygen in my system

I seem to think clearer with the extra oxygen in my brain!

My skin looks brighter and pores are cleaner

Fine lines around my mouth seem to have lessened

I can vape in a bar and no one cares

My home doesn't stink and neither do I

My breath is better

I can taste things more

....And the most unexpected thing, my hair is great now! Normally I have very dry hair, and I felt the need to wash it daily or every other day to get rid of the smoke smell, and all that washing strips the oils from the hair. Now since i don't have to worry about the smokey smell anymore I just rinse with water, or wash with conditioner and only wash with shampoo every 4 days or so, and my hair has so much more body and shine and doesn't hardly look or feel dry at all, it's soft!
Or maybe this has to do with the added oxygen too..?

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Thought you were going to say your hair turned gray or something. Glad to hear all the benefits working for you. :)

Naw....the hair has had a lot of grey for a while now, lol, I dye it and that is part of the reason for the dryness I suspect, hey maybe the added oxygen to my scalp will make the color come back more! One can always hope ;)

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I haven't noticed much change in my own hair after four months, but it's naturally fairly oily, going salt-and-pepper on me at the ripe old age of 22 too..however, I no longer see more grey with each passing day, whether it's from a reduction in stress, or from vaping, I really can't tell. I wouldn't be surprised if quitting analogs was helping though, both with the stress and the chemical intake affecting color. FWIW my hair is practically jet black so it's real easy to see new grey hairs, and since I switched, there have been far fewer new ones.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I found that my hair thickened up a bit too after vaping for a while. I'm not sure if its because of the oils or because I am less stressed :p

Mine feels thicker too! And the waves came back since it isn't like dry straw anymore.

Only downside to vaping...I went to light a candle and had no lighters or matches in the house :facepalm:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I agree with the hair. my stylist said what are you using? when I asked why, she said Its so much thicker then it was last year.

and everything tastes so good now lol
and my neighbor seems to smell worse then before.

and no matter how hard I chain vpe or how roughed up my throat feels the next day when I wake up its gone then I take a deeeeep breath and think "man vaping is awesome"

Last edited:

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
My skin looks better as well. Plus, I know my sinuses are better. My sinus on one side use to be slightly swollen all the time and I always woke up with a slightly puffy eyelid that would go away in a few hours. The sinus is not swollen anymore and I very rarely wake up with the puffy eyelid. Yay.

The other big thing for me is that since I quit analogs, I haven't had any bouts of restless leg syndrome. If any of you get this, you know how big this is. I guess the improved circulation has helped tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread