The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

One month smoke free today! Woooooo!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Whatsername, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Whatsername

Whatsername Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Hey everyone, new to the forums- figured the one month mark is a good day to come out of lurking in the shadows here! I am so excited because I have not gone this long without smoking since high school! :oops: Well I graduated 20 years ago, so, yeah.

I actually started vaping 2 years ago, got myself a starter kit for Christmas (Elite 808) and was soon down to a couple of cigs a day. Got to where I had 2 days? I think at that time smoke free, then got kicked in the face by a terrible family tragedy and went back to smoking. I was smoking about half a pack or so a day of American Spirit yellows when I picked up vaping again a little over a month ago. Quickly down to 1 cig a day which I realized was mostly a psychological thing. Decided I didn't need that anymore and here I am!

So anyway, hello lovely people of ECF! I am happy to join you here!:)

2. Bill's Magic Vapor

Bill's Magic Vapor Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    Congratulations to you and welcome!

Know the feeling. Surprised that it worked for me too. Long time heavy smoker...quit on a dime. I needed good gear, long battery life, decent juice delivery (topper) and strong juice at first. Vaping at 12 mg/ml a year later. Definitely love vaping, even more so as a hobby. Seems like I vape less now than I did at first. Love the shinny's. Great Journey. Love the trip. Best to you! Good Luck!

3. omyeyes

omyeyes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Las Vapors, NV
    Congrats!!!! I'm at 6 months today. Nice to see that you were persistent and tried again. It sure is worth it. Welcome aboard!

4. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    Way to go! Welcome to the forum.

-- Glenn

5. john333

john333 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Indiana
    welcome to the forum. lots to see and do here. hope you enjoy the ride.

6. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Hello and welcome
    Way to go , keep up the great work

7. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Thanks guys! Really surprised how easy it has been. Not that I haven't had tough moments but I just vaped my brains out at those times and got through. I admit I have one "just in case" ciggie tucked away in a drawer. I sometimes look at it, laugh at it and enjoy the fact that I don't want to smoke that nasty thing.

8. STiZzle2010

STiZzle2010 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    Welcome and congrats! I just recently joined ECF with the intention of quitting smoking myself. I am just awaiting my iTaste VV V3 to arrive so I can start. Good luck!

9. dripdaze

dripdaze Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2013
    Oceanside, CA, USA
    Welcome and congrats!

10. Grammie

Grammie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2009
    Virginia, Well Steeped
    Awesome! Congrats, that's a milestone I'll never forget! Don't be a wallflower, lots of good people here should you ever need any help someone will be along quick!

11. supersport13

supersport13 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    Congrats.........happy to have you here too! Keep up the good vape!:toast:

12. DuckysBooBoo

DuckysBooBoo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    Middle Tennessee
    Congrats on being Stinkie Free!!:toast:

13. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Good job! Keep up the good work.

14. 57chilicat

57chilicat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    That is great! Keep it up and get you a banner going! Watching me banner count the days smoke free actually helps me not light up! You're doing great!

15. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement. It means a lot! I totally do need one of those banners, I love seeing them on people's posts, I think it is encouraging to others as well as an affirmation to yourself!

16. bulldog63h

bulldog63h Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Elizabethton Tennessee
    Congrats. That's a heck of a mile stone. I'm at four years and four months cig free. Every now and then I take a drag if someone is smoking around me. Mainly just to make myself sick and reinforce why I quit those nasty things in the first place.

17. SilentVapidity

SilentVapidity Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Minnesota
    Congratulations, and welcome! I smoked Am Spirit yellows also. When I get a craving, I come here and read stories like yours. Good on you, and I'm glad you stopped lurking!!

18. ccubed

ccubed Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I'll echo everyone else's welcome to ECF and offer HUGE congratulations on being smoke free for 30 days. That is fantastic. You forgot to say where the party is to celebrate. :)

It seems that I am not alone in getting true enjoyment out of hearing other folks success stories. I think that is part of the reason I spend time here. It is great that we can acknowledge each other's successes and celebrate our vaping journeys. Keep the vape !

19. Alleykat0498

Alleykat0498 Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Richmond VA
    Congrats, I hope to be in your shoes in 29 days!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.