The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

One of my most recent mods- VapeMobile Cellphone PV

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by dattmavis19, Jun 21, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dattmavis19

dattmavis19 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Clemson, SC
    This is my second-most recent mod, I call it VapeMobile. Its the same wiring design as my GreenBox mod (exact same actually, the GreenBox case broke so i removed the guts and used them in this) with an added red LED to show that the power is on. With my Dual Coil XL cartos, they stick out quite a bit, but the regular atty barely comes out at all. It could deff be a stealth mod without the lights, the mouthpiece looks like an antenna kinda.
    It uses a switch from radioshack instead of the green horn switch i used in the GreenBox. The keys light up red when the power is switched on, and the screen flashes different colors when the button is pressed. I used some sheet of plastic that was part of the LCD screen to cover the window, its kinda like a 2-way mirror, you can barely see in the phone but you can see out of it fine, its also opalescent so the whole thing lights up with a cool glow using just 1 LED. It runs off a 14500 battery. It also holds a 3ml bottle of juice or an extra atty/carto/cart. I thought about making it a bottomfeeder but it'd be tight and i'm not sure i could make it able to squeeze the bottle without messing up the keypad.
    After the pics, i filled up alot of the empty space with hot glue to hold things in place better, i just didnt have a glue gun til tonight and i had already took pics and sent them to my computer. Anyways, let me know what ya'll think, and sorry for the crappy pic quality, original iPhone...

Also look for my next thread, which will be showing my most recent mod, my Dual Atty Mod.
    photo1a.jpg photo 3a.jpg photo 2a.jpg photo 5a.jpg photo 3b.jpg

I've had alot of "... are you smoking!?" responses when using this. One guy almost got pissed because he was sure i was smoking PCP or something in his house, haha.

2. ponytail girl

ponytail girl Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2011
    Hawaii
    I really like it wish I was handy with tools and had the knowledge to create something like this..I'm jealous but happy for you to be able to make these MOD'S good job

3. dattmavis19

dattmavis19 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Clemson, SC
    Thanks, Its not that hard tho, i had never done this a month ago, never touched a soldering iron or any small-scale wiring like this. Ya just gotta start slow and work your way up, i started with the 2AA box mod kit from madvapes, its deff a good one for beginners. Granted i do have alot of skill doing delicate/detail work with my hands, but i feel like anyone can learn this kinda stuff if they put enough effort into it. And the people on this forum (and all over ECF, for that matter) are really great about helping you out when you get stuck on something.

4. ponytail girl

ponytail girl Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2011
    Hawaii
    mahalo Im sure I will try someday in the future..a couple nights ago..I cut my first CE2 for my Map Tank so I could save $ I had to go buy the pipe cutter since I didn't have one..My next adventure is to learn how to mix my own e juice..Good luck with you Mods I like that you put the lights in it must be cool..Take care..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.