One simply does not walk into Mordor!!! All new to vaping come and enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Why did I title this the way I did? :confused: Here is why, patience is a must have virtue in vaping. So is persistence if you want to quit. It will be an epic adventure. I know this from experience. Will you get it right on your first try, probably not. vaping is a preference tailored to you, your taste buds, and your body. Here is a story that might help anyone trying to get into vaping.:D

Young suave military guy started to smoke cigs while in the military, did I mention modest too. Well he ends up smoking and chewing for 12 years. (I know some people on here have smoked for longer, not trying to start a competition.) Almost 1 year ago he decided enough was enough. So he goes to the local tobacco store and he buys a disposable Blu Ecig. He likes it well enough. Does it dual for a bit. Then he finally just would smoke/enhale those. (Still chew mind you.) Cut to 4 months later, this now daringly suave, mature, and humble military guy went to a brick and mortor shop in Louisville, KY. They set him up with an ego style pen and some red bull liquid. Holy crap that stuff was the bomb. Cut to 4 months later, all that e-liquid would leak out of his container. Getting frustrated he just chewed for the next 3 months. Now about 3 weeks ago he decided he wanted to quit chewing/dipping. He again moseyed on down to his local Vape shop and asked them to help him out. They set him up with a Nautilus Mini and an eleaf mini stick. The juice they gave him was good. It was vapable but had a chemical taste to him. :mad: Well he got discouraged again. He had stopped chewing but now was in search for the right rotation of liquids for him. He knew of another vape shop in the area. He swaggered on down to try them and to see what they had to offer. I sat down at a bar like station and then they asked me the questions no one had asked before. What do you like? Shocked I said I did not know. They took the time and effort with me to hit my sweet tooth spots and tobacco flavor wants. They explained to me the coils would hit better with this type of juice. They also were really professional and nice and patient with me. I have continued to this day to be smoke free. (Chewing well a little bit of a relapse but will be working on that when my next shipment comes in.)

What I am trying to get at is that this whole process takes time and patience to find the right setup and liquids for you. Do not get frustrated like I did. Go to a local vape shop worth a damn and get the help you need. Also come to the family that is ECF and ask away. With this in mind please keep and open mind and ears/eyes to the responses to your questions. Just because someone on here does not have the number of posts required for the Full/Verified Member status they may have been a lurker and have experiences to share with everyone.

I see a lot of frustrated newcomers and want them to go to their Zen place and hopefully with all the years of experience this community has they will be able to offer you the assistance that you need to successfully quit.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted the newcomers to not get frustrated.

Keep at it and remember as Mel Blanc would say, "Keep Smiling." Please let me know if any got that reference. I feel old for that one.

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Agreed. Use your local vape shops as a resorce, as well. These guys have been doing it for a while and are glad to help. Most shops let you test hardware and flavors, too. Not sure what you're after? Talk to them... they probably have a better idea than you will as to something that will fit your needs.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Agreed. Use your local vape shops as a resorce, as well. These guys have been doing it for a while and are glad to help. Most shops let you test hardware and flavors, too. Not sure what you're after? Talk to them... they probably have a better idea than you will as to something that will fit your needs.

I agree in the most part. However my local is populated by a non-vaper who disnt even know what kanthal was so YMMV here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread