One way to fight the war on flavors. I wish I had the power to make this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I wish someone with the resources to do this, would.

Step 1: Find out where Scott Gottleib lives.
Step 2: Find 3 Billboards between his house and FDA headquarters to rent.
Step 3: Place the following ads on them:
  • Dear Mr. Gottleib, Please ban flavorings in ecigs, we could use another revenue stream. Sincerely, The Cartels
  • Dear Mr. Gottleib, Please ban flavorings in ecigs, we would really like for everyone to switch back to our primary products. Sincerely, Big tobacco
  • Dear Mr. Gottleib, Please ban flavorings in ecigs, we would really like to sell more of our plots. Sincerely, Your local Funeral Home

See how he reacts to that.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I wish someone with the resources to do this, would.

Step 1: Find out where Scott Gottleib lives.
Step 2: Find 3 Billboards between his house and FDA headquarters to rent.
Step 3: Place the following ads on them:
  • Dear Mr. Gottleib, Please ban flavorings in ecigs, we could use another revenue stream. Sincerely, The Cartels
  • Dear Mr. Gottleib, Please ban flavorings in ecigs, we would really like for everyone to switch back to our primary products. Sincerely, Big tobacco
  • Dear Mr. Gottleib, Please ban flavorings in ecigs, we would really like to sell more of our plots. Sincerely, Your local Funeral Home
See how he reacts to that.
For all we know he has already received these messages from those sources in his private correspondence...(accompanied with a big fat check)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
New commandment: kill the parent, save the child
New Math: The millions = anecdote, the few = epidemic
New Rule: Gun manufacturers aren't responsible for use of their product, but manufacturers of harm reduction products are

What the world really needs is better parents.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
What the world really needs is better parents.

What the world needs is to keep things in perspective. Youth vaping and smoking rates are down, more kids are using another product that is being legalized in many areas and alcohol. It isn't an epidemic to panic about. Could we do better? Certainly, but as an old ad campaign said, we've come a long way baby.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Plenty of good parents, you can't chain the kids to your ankle 24/7.

There are plenty of good parents but there are too many that just let their kids do, and quite a few that are actively contributing to the problem by buying Juuls for their kids.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
There are plenty of good parents but there are too many that just let their kids do, and quite a few that are actively contributing to the problem by buying Juuls for their kids.
Those buying juuls are in a very small minority. They are the only ones you read about, not the hundreds that are enforcing consequences. Good parents understand that kids who are hovered over and not allowed to stumble never learn to walk upright on their own.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
One more comment...people trying to do right don't feel the need to shout from rooftops what they do. They simply do and go about their business. FB is the blight that allow the few to put their business out there, unfortunately for reasons I don't understand some find it interesting and jump on board.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
One more comment...people trying to do right don't feel the need to shout from rooftops what they do. They simply do and go about their business. FB is the blight that allow the few to put their business out there, unfortunately for reasons I don't understand some find it interesting and jump on board.

Sensationalistic journalism doesn't help either.
No one wants to tune in to a story of how a parent enforced a curfew or made a child do their homework.

And many that want to put their business out there on FB are the ones that chose to allow electronic devices to babysit and bring up their children and then complain and blame everything and everyone else when even more poor choices are a result of it. :facepalm:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Or when they never move out.

Reminds me of when my son was a young child and said he was going to live with us forever.
I explained to him that one day he would grow up and want to live on his own and start his own family.
He thought about it for a minute and said "OK, I'll live next door."

He just turned 18 on the first and is my last one at home, so let's hope he has completely forgotten about it. ;)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Narcist society...read the ggovt expects psychological related jobs to be huge in 2025...people unable to deal with the fact the rest of society doesn't worship them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread