Not open for further replies.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Hey folks,

I'm curious, does anyone know if all the flavors exist so that someone could make a classic "onion bagel w/ cream cheese" joose? (Love the old thread about the guy that tried to add lox with not-so-smoked salmon juice and about died.) I've tried FSUSA's garlic bread, and it was about as horrid as the reviews for other "bread" related juices they've made, so I'm hoping there's a different, better way to approach the bagel flavor.

I've seen a basic onion flavoring from one of the Chinese suppliers, but am not sure if that would work right (both because I don't think regular onions are what's typically used in onion bagels, and since Chinese flavors, for some reason, rarely taste like what westerners recognize by the same name).

I think people are using cheesecake flavoring for recipes calling for cream cheese, but I'd really love to find something that definitely has a real cream cheese taste to it.

Anywho, 'tis but a dream of mine... ;)

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
I love actual garlic bread, and I still think it's possible to find a good vape in that flavor. It's just that the stuff I got from FSUSA was simply rancid, and I read multiple reviews on their site saying similar things for all of the bread-based juices. Probably just some base ingredient that didn't work or something (at least I hope that's the problem), and hopefully could be changed for a better, palatable mix.

Thanks for the tip. I found the Highbrow site (had never heard of them before), and they seem to be pretty open about custom mixes, so maybe I'll see if they can give it a shot. I'll sample some of their juice first and get a feel for their mixes (that cheesecake torte is calling my name), and if that trips my trigger I'll give them a shout about the bagel idea. :)

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ

Thanks for the tip. I found the Highbrow site (had never heard of them before), and they seem to be pretty open about custom mixes, so maybe I'll see if they can give it a shot. I'll sample some of their juice first and get a feel for their mixes (that cheesecake torte is calling my name), and if that trips my trigger I'll give them a shout about the bagel idea. :)

Cool! One thing I can tell you about the Cheesecake Torte (besides it being just awesome), is that the distinctive cream cheese aspect is most prominent right out of the mailbox. It mellows with steeping. So, make sure you try some as soon as you get it so you can really pick out that aspect. It's still there after steeping, but blends in more with the vanilla and custard aspects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread