Online Tutorial: USB Passthru or Battery box - LIVE 8pm CST 6/13/09

What should the tutorial be on?

• Usb Passthru!! (Different style)

• Battery box! (Nicowolf will do one of these shortly)

• Magnum mod! (Theres a tutorial for it at the top of the forum)

• Something else! (post in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
I'm giving you guys a bit more of a heads up on the tutorial this time, and I'll be using stickam (Stickam - The Live Community, Live Streaming Video) instead of yahoo messenger to broadcast, which should be much easier for everyone.

The tutorial will be live, with live chat and questions answered on the spot, the only thing that has yet to be decided is the mod! I'm doing this for ya'll, so I'll let you decide, what would you like to see made? Another USB passthru? A box battery mod? Magnum (cheap 9LED flashlight) battery mod?

The choice is yours, vote in the poll and I'll give the tutorial on the winner, or possibly winner+runner up if there is enough demand and time.

Lordmage has graciously agreed to host the tutorial on This Week In vaping, so you don't even need to sign up with Stickam anymore!

Just click this link: http://smoothsmoke.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/view/3719973
And you can watch the tutorial, ask questions, etc, etc, LIVE!

Last edited:

ellanceo

May 11, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
I just posted a thread about desperately needing step-by-step instructions on how to mod a dead 801 battery into a USB passthrough with a manual switch.

My battery died after a failed attempt to fix my only charger, and I desperately need something for power before I end up going back to cigarettes.

If you don't end up doing it, could you possibly send me instructions?

All comments/help are greatly appreciated.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
I just posted a thread about desperately needing step-by-step instructions on how to mod a dead 801 battery into a USB passthrough with a manual switch.

My battery died after a failed attempt to fix my only charger, and I desperately need something for power before I end up going back to cigarettes.

If you don't end up doing it, could you possibly send me instructions?

All comments/help are greatly appreciated.

Please check the tutorial in the battery mods forum I did last night, step-by-step pictures are included.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Where would I be able to get connectors for my 801 battery by tomorrow? I read that phone jacks supposedly work fine.

And because of money/availability restraints, I was more looking into modding an actual battery, than creating a whole new battery case.

I've yet to have any luck getting the guts out of battery cases, I had to destroy the casing to get the batteries out.

The other problem is working in such tiny spaces, you've got to do an amazing job of lining everything up perfectly *and* making sure you don't ground out your switch. Boxes are just so easy to work with, and cheap.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Tutorial went great tonight, we had 8 at its peak, heres the finished products!

P1010004.JPG

Sorry I didn't have a chance to do the how-to pictorial on these, pace was pretty brisk and I was a bit tired. Next time I'll try to figure out how to record it and we'll keep them hosted on TWIV.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
yes you need to register with stickam.
to chat in the hosted video but you wont have to remember where to go. Or go to stickam to login you can do so directly from my site. the virus false positive is because i am hosting the embed code directly the virus scanner picks up the embed code as a virus. as per the mb to watch a stream show it is not much i think it is less than 1MB per minute.
yes you need to register with me to chat with him over on his forums but like ecf it is also free and nerf is in charge of what is said in his forum for the most part :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread