Online vape suppliers not in a locked down state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
Im in Illinois, effective 5pm today all non essential business are being forced to close.

Im sure vape stores fall into that category.

And most online shops reside in California, which Im not sure if they are locked down yet, but likely will be.

What online stores will continue to operate?

Id order from misthub today, since they are in Illinois, but they are closed on weekends.

So what are the options for juice supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Im in Illinois, effective 5pm today all non essential business are being forced to close.

Im sure vape stores fall into that category.

And most online shops reside in California, which Im not sure if they are locked down yet, but likely will be.

What online stores will continue to operate?

Id order from misthub today, since they are in Illinois, but they are closed on weekends.

So what are the options for Juice supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe contact local shops for curb side service or shipping options?

Reactions: stols001

ieatOhms

Verified Member
May 12, 2017
In Illinois specifically Tobacco shops are deemed essential (I believe this is true in other states as well). My shop is staying open and they are implementing strict guidelines for business during the “stay at home” orders. They limited their hours and interactions with people by offering free shipping locally and only one person at a time in the shop. I’m guessing the another loophole for shops with a Smoke/Head shop portion which provides an essential service to medical marijuana patients through providing glass, paper, grinders, etc. Gotta love loopholes! Lol

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't know about other states, but if you read Governor Cuomo's Guidance for the NY shutdown, it seems to me that as long as you are an online supplier (which can be construed as "warehouse/distribution and fulfillment" you are not mandated to shut down. I read the whole guidance document and it sounds like any internet retailer can justify staying open, even if you product is non-essential.

See Governor Cuomo Issues Guidance on Essential Services Under The 'New York State on PAUSE' Executive Order

It doesn't take long to read through it as it's mostly a categorized list of essential businesses.

And if you do both online and Brick & Mortar (but your products are non-essential), then you could just shut down the brick and mortar store(s) and still sell online as you could be categorized as "warehouse/distribution and fulfillment" - that's how I read it because it's too vague.

Just my take.

Haven't felt the need to read any other state's guidance docs because I'm all set :p (not braggin', just sayin')

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    In Illinois specifically Tobacco shops are deemed essential

That's really odd seeing how "they" are saying smokers and even vapers may be at higher risk of complications if they get the virus.

I don't see Tobacco in NY's guidance doc (see link in my post above).

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    This is very interesting... I'm in CA. Thank goodness my recent order (for a RTA) is already shipped and on it's way. I'm doing DIY now (and still have some pre-made juices) so set for awhile. Still, I'd like to know how this all comes down.
    For some super deals on juice, check out this (they seem to still be shipping stuff):
    E-Juice Steals • Online Vape Store - E-Liquid, Bundles & Hardware
    They are running out of stock though (but I have got 60 ml juice for $2-3 including one I've had before and love) Shipping is a bit high so order enough to make it worth it.
    As mentioned, HHV is excellent!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    @UncleJunkle , I hope you are right.

MyVaporStore.com, which is an NY business, sent a notice out 2 days ago alerting people that they may have to shut down on Sunday (today) but were waiting to get more info on the specifics on the shutdown executive order from the governor.

I just went to their site and there is no notice of them being shut down so I'm guessing they are reading the guidance doc they way I would if I were an online retailer of any kind in NY. lol

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just tried to checkout a small adapter at MyVaporStore.com and I got to the credit card portion of the checkout with no notice of a shutdown or even delayed shipping.

Safe to say, they are remaining in business.

Oddly, though, they removed the USPS First Class option (and FedExx 2-day is cheaper than USPS Priority Mail) - FWIW.

Reactions: Ryedan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread