Only tasting flavor sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Is it just me or is this happening to anyone else? Sometimes, I'll top off a cart and be good to go for a while with the e-cig during a car ride or whatever. I taste the flavor of the liquid just fine the whole time, the sweetness hits my tongue every hit. But then the flavor will start to not be there anymore and it will just be (almost) tasteless vapor I get. So I figure I need to top off again. Sometimes when I go do that, I can't for the life of me get any flavor back. I try not to drip into the atomizer because that always works fine, and I'm trying to figure out why the liquid in the cart isn't being tasted. The filler will be soaked with liquid and it'll almost be bubbling full at the top, so there's def. enough liquid in there. I think I may have figured out why this is happening, tell me if I might be right:

I think the filler in the cart just hasn't been out far enough to connect with the atomizer ring/bridge. I usually have the white filler perfectly flush with the top of the cart opening. Is the filler really supposed to actually be sticking out just barely more than the actual opening? I tried this just now and I think I started to taste flavor again all of a sudden (hard to tell after puffing so many times trying to get the flavor before). I always figured making it stick out even just a little past the opening would make it get caught on the ring in the atomizer but perhaps I have been wrong??

Last edited:

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Alright, seriously...now only 50% of the time, I am getting flavor at all, even with a fully topped off cartridge. There's like a new mystery everyday for me but no one else seems to have these issues. Why is it that sometimes, I will puff away with nice sweetness hitting my tongue every single time, but also a good majority of the times, I get NO sweetness, no taste, nothing!? It seems to happen in sessions. One session of smoking there will be fine flavor/sweetness..then I stop and smoke again later, or right in the middle of me smoking, the flavor and sweetness will cease completely (all of this is with RY4 liquid, not that it matters). Keep in mind, there is always plenty of vapor..so the atomizer is atomizing liquid, but I can't taste it these times!! I AM LOSING MY MIND WITH THIS THING AS FAR AS CONSISTENCY GOES!!!!!!

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Hmm wait here's a question...a little while after this taste-fading problem starts, the battery starts blinking indicating near-dead. The only guess I have is that the battery gets low on power even before blinking and SOMEHOW is causing the taste not to go through..I really don't know how but the battery dying a while after is the only real consistency I can think of. I know the cartridges can't be that flaky...they are simply cotton filled with liquid needing to be pushed against a heater. What else could it be if not the battery? I would think though that even a while before the battery starts blinking it should still power the atomizer enough to do its job, no?

To go with that question: Is it possible that the charger I have (PureSmoker.com, this is all a DSE901 mini kit) turns green wayy too early? Should I be charging these things way after it turns green? Because they seem to die even sooner than I thought even though that's a known thing. The past few times I charged the two I have, I unplugged them right after it turned green almost.

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
okay scratch that, I'm trying with a charged battery and now all I get is either no flavor or that **** burned taste...omg I'm this close to giving up. Honestly, it's so rare that I get the flavor that tastes so good or that I get it without the awful burning taste..EVEN when there are no filler pieces sticking out, none stuck on the atomizer coil, and nothing else to give a reason for why it's got the burning taste. I hate this and I really want it to work.

It sometimes almost seems like the only time the atomizer is getting anything to vape is when the excessive liquid from the cart is dripping into the atomizer, not when it should be getting it from the filler. But I can't tell obviously from the outside of it.

Last edited:

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Nope, sometimes it'll happen at the beginning of a session and continue till I basically try everything I can to get it back to normal, which is usually everything! That makes it so hard to figure out what it is. It's something to do with the liquid/filler making contact with the coil or something with the atomizers themselves and their operation. Something isn't cooperating 100% of the time but I've figured out that it's not one specific piece of the device. Even when every part is switched out completely, it happens eventually. I know it's something with the cartridge/liquid though and how it should be working with the atomizer, it has to be. It's SO stressful, just trying to figure this out is taking up hours of my time.

Last edited:

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks for all the replies guys. I've always figured it could be just my taste buds, but I am really having doubts about that now. What I'm not getting at these times is the short burst of sweetness on my tongue. Everything else attributed to the e-cig taste is still there. If I go put anything else sweet on my tongue during these times, I still taste it n problem. So something's just not getting through..I just wish someone else experienced this often so they might have a real understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread