Only thing stopping me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
I am torn right now between the SB and the Chuck. Chuck would have won hands down if it wasn't for one thing...the switch. Yes I've seen the threads arguing all side of this. Main argument in favor of the Chuck seems to be that it was the only reliable solution. Was a smaller switch with a MOSFET ever considered? That opens your choices WAY up.

It's just that with the protruding switch the way that it is, it's just asking to get activated in my pocket since there is no "main switch". Seen the arguments that "you just don't put it in your pocket like that", but unfortunately that is not an option for me.

Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. (alternate carrying method; belt "holster" etc.)

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I had the same issue when I was trying to decide between Chuck and SB. I was worried about the switch. I have had mine for a couple months now, and I can tell you, the switch is not an issue.

BTW: What actually made me go with the chuck was the person selling it. No one can match Jeff when it comes to customer service.

Also BTW: If you having trouble deciding, you should check out Cashtestjeep's vid comparing the two. ;) That should make the decision easy for you.

Sharky

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Decisions, decisions...

AAHHHHHH!!!

Well, if it helps I have had my Big Chuck since October 2nd. It was my first battery mod. Never regretted buying it for a minute. Of course I just had to buy a Black SB and just got it this weekend. Both are great. Big Chuck for work and daytime activities, BSB for evenings. Love em both...

Yeah I know, no help at all... :D

kase

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Everett WA
www.myspace.com
I was in the same predicament... Been swaying back and forth between the SB/Protege/Chuck for a week or so. I went with the Chuck and placed an order last night. Mostly due to how much everyone here loves their chuck. I havent seen such a beloved device on here anywhere, and I had to get one too. :) Now I need to make sure my 3 510 batteries last until it gets here. ;)

Last edited:

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
Midnigh,Go with your heart,having a chuck is not chance your taking. it is the real deal!!!no wouldacouldashoulda's here!! i've got other mod's,mods i no longer need&use,and thats not saying that they don't work! chuck will get the job done! you may not purchace a chuck, and that's ok ,it may not be for you! remember you could have!!and you still can anytime!!but it's still at least 2 weeks or better from order to vape unless you can antee up and bribe jeff!!!!

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I did once lose an atomizer when the Chuck's button got pressed while in my pocket. It's easy enough to unscrew the atomizer - which I clearly should have done - but I wish I didn't have to do so.

One thing that I like about the Chuck over the SB is the well around the atomizer. If an atty floods, the well contains the juice. On the SB the juice would go all over the place.

Chuck is longer and heavier, SB is fatter - crazy fat.

SB is slightly better built as far as machining goes.

The SB will get scratched - that high-shine aluminum will show every tiny scratch.

The Chuck's custom graphics blow anything else out of the water.

It's almost a tough call, but the Chuck's well and custom graphics make it a winner, IMHO. But you won't go wrong with either one, really.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
One thing that I like about the Chuck over the SB is the well around the atomizer. If an atty floods, the well contains the juice. On the SB the juice would go all over the place.

When dripping, I like my atty pretty much constantly flooded, at least a little, so my atty is always leaking a bit. I had a homemade mod that wasn't sealed and I probably lost more juice to falling through the atty and into the battery compartment than I actually vaped. That well works wonders, and has probably saved me at least 20 mL in juice in the past 3 weeks I've owned it.

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
I am torn right now between the SB and the Chuck. Chuck would have won hands down if it wasn't for one thing...the switch. Yes I've seen the threads arguing all side of this. Main argument in favor of the Chuck seems to be that it was the only reliable solution. Was a smaller switch with a MOSFET ever considered? That opens your choices WAY up.

It's just that with the protruding switch the way that it is, it's just asking to get activated in my pocket since there is no "main switch". Seen the arguments that "you just don't put it in your pocket like that", but unfortunately that is not an option for me.

Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. (alternate carrying method; belt "holster" etc.)
midnigh,if it helps ya at all what i did was cut the top out of a buck knife holster(were it folds over)the chuck slides rite through,the switch won't depress & it will follow along where ever ya go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread