Only this juice bothers my throat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
When I vape this juice (posted a link, but mine is regular 12mg nic and 65VG/35PG version) it bothers my throat. I thought it might be the PG (all other juices were 70VG/30PG) but now I've been vaping a bunch of juices all 65VG/35PG and no issues, so it must be a flavor and/or sweetener issue. It's described as "custard, vanilla beans and crunchy pecans into a sugary masterpiece" I suspect AP (pecan flavor) or maybe sweetener (would have to be different than all other juices I've tried) Here's the link:
You are being redirected...
Any ideas what is causing this?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Yes, 12 mg nic is my norm (before that I vaped 18mg) No issues with nuts and I eat pecans all the time.
You've Vaped that brand before? Different flavor though? Could be the Type of nic, if it oxidized, a particular flavor, or, perhaps, just needs to mellow with a steep.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
BTW, I don't give a hoot about this juice... I just want to know because I'm getting into DIY and might need to avoid certain ingredients. I suppose I could get some flavor with AP and test it by itself (with my standard base) I could do the same for sweeteners... what a pain in the ars! At least I would know. I agree, ALL e-liquids should list ingredients.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
BTW, I don't give a hoot about this juice... I just want to know because I'm getting into DIY and might need to avoid certain ingredients. I suppose I could get some flavor with AP and test it by itself (with my standard base) I could do the same for sweeteners... what a pain in the ars! At least I would know. I agree, ALL e-liquids should list ingredients.
AP and most sweeteners can be had as individual ingredients.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
yup. this happens,
i'm allergic to something in DIS ONE juice,
they don't list ingredients, so i can't find out what the problem is,

this is one area where i'd support legislation.
let them list ingredients.
I've been in favor of this for a long time. But, it might be like buying groceries, like a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup, which I'm staring at as I type. It'll list major ingredients and then say "spices".
It's not the chicken necessarily that's irritating but may be whatever is in the spices. Not sure how to go about really handling it. How fine would the regulation be? Does a vendor need to say if it's FA custard vs CAPS, etc.
I'm afraid we just need to be willing to throw out what is irritating and live with the loss of $$.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
When I vape this juice (posted a link, but mine is regular 12mg nic and 65VG/35PG version) it bothers my throat. I thought it might be the PG (all other juices were 70VG/30PG) but now I've been vaping a bunch of juices all 65VG/35PG and no issues, so it must be a flavor and/or sweetener issue. It's described as "custard, vanilla beans and crunchy pecans into a sugary masterpiece" I suspect AP (pecan flavor) or maybe sweetener (would have to be different than all other juices I've tried) Here's the link:
You are being redirected...
Any ideas what is causing this?
Sorry, Vaper '60, but I always have to post this when I hear that kind of question.
Just can't help it. Pavlov's dog, and all that.:)
But I know what you meant, and just don't have any other advice beyond what others said.
upload_2019-8-22_22-33-32.png

• Agree
Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread