Ooooohhh new Buzz Pro, batteries, and candy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
I broke about 6 ego batteries in 2 months, my SS Vtube feels like a ship anchor in my pocket and efficiently brings my pants to my ankles, my Bolt isn't kicked yet, and not sure what's next but I couldn't resist black and chrome for $99 plus a discount! :thumbs:

So today after shredding the flat-rate box with my fingers, first thing I noticed is the size of this mod is a perfect fit in my hand or pocket. Then I open the bubble wrapped batteries and SURPRISE candy! I was in such a hurry to load the batteries and push the button I almost stuck 2 Jolly Ranchers in the tube and screwed the cap on with the positive end of the grape jolly rancher backwards! Luckily I caught it before any major flavor explosion.

And of course I had to get the tank to match - the finishes are almost identical. Sweet. Well, I have proof it was nice and shiny on day 1...lets hope it lives longer than the twists. Question - Is the LED supposed to light up the button? or is it only visible by peeking through the slot? Any advice before the batteries finish charging?

IMAG0448.jpg

update: oops see below

Last edited:

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
the top end cap loosens every time I unscrew my tank. I tried tightening the screw in the center of the 510 connection but doesn't seem to solve the problem. Any suggestions?

That screw doesn't loosen/tighten the top cap! Just screw the entire top cap down harder (it threads directly into the body), and maybe hold onto it when you unscrew the Vivi Nova.

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
That screw doesn't loosen/tighten the top cap! Just screw the entire top cap down harder (it threads directly into the body), and maybe hold onto it when you unscrew the Vivi Nova.

Thanks that's what I figured. The only reason I messed with that screw was because it was off center when it came. I guess that's the + but why a screw for a center pin?

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Thanks that's what I figured. The only reason I messed with that screw was because it was off center when it came. I guess that's the + but why a screw for a center pin?

Ah, it's actually brilliant if you ask me! As someone who's had to send a device back to be repaired because an atty/carto pushed my center post/pin too far down and broke the o-ring I appreciate their design. Basically you've now got an adjustable center post/pin and if the o-ring ever breaks you can easily replace it yourself.

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
Gratz, Munch. Lucky you didn't eat the batteries, and put the candy in the tube,lol! You can tighten the top cap with a little teflon tape as someone suggested on the Notcigs forum, or just really tighten the heck out of it, but don't ever use any locktite on it in case it needs to go back to Notcigs for any reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
On the top cap, a small piece of Teflon tape (the cheap stuff used for plumbing), just wrapped partly around the tc threads, will tighten it up.

Remove batteries, loosen but don't remove the top screw, unscrew the TC gently (a positive lead attaches to the underside,). Add tape, screw back on, tighten center screw (snug, but don't crank it super tight).

Add a sealed adapter if you like dripping or are newish with cartos/tanks. The board is coated, but the center connection isn't designed to be flooded. Couple drops here or there are harmless, just wipe the center post when you refill.

(I use 801 fusion cartos, 801 top cap, but have been vaping a while, haven't had a flood in a year; IkenVape is great on carto consistency.)

The buzz pro is a super pv :)

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks I'll have to get some Teflon. Maybe I have some around here. The top cap unscrews just about every time I start to loosen up whatever I throw on there and getting annoying. Other than that I'm loving this thing. Best size/weight/and performance of anything I've had. The only minor downside for me is stacking the batteries, not for safety reasons but because I misplaced one already so I only have 3, which is pretty much the same as having only 2. Hope I find it!

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
Ah, it's actually brilliant if you ask me! As someone who's had to send a device back to be repaired because an atty/carto pushed my center post/pin too far down and broke the o-ring I appreciate their design. Basically you've now got an adjustable center post/pin and if the o-ring ever breaks you can easily replace it yourself.

You're right - I haven't sent any devices back but have destroyed 5 or 6 ego style batteries because of that stupid center pin design. Once it gets pushed down and you pull it back up, it only gets looser and is doomed to start shorting out. I've fixed a couple but it's never the same. I did find out I could use the rubber grommet from a vivi nova head to replace the original so maybe I'll see if that works. But it is nice to know everything is easily replaceable without soldering tiny fragile wires!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread