Opinion/Review on MKB-TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Hey dmall. Just wanted to say I've had one for a couple weeks. Absolutely love it. Build quality, finish and functionality are all good. Very sturdy device.

Biggest con would have to be the fiddling of connectors on the top. Some say use a 510 to ego, followed by a 510 to 510 shorty. This places the top of the connector about 2 mm above the cap; didn't like that since my tank (I only use the Terminator) wouldn't fit flush.

A 510 to 901, followed by a 901 to 510 would put the connector slightly below the top cap. This was much better, as the tank was now very close to sitting flush.

Another vaper posted another way; remove the top gold cap, and use just a 510 to ego adapter. Now, my Terminator sits flush AND the airflow control is perfect. Fully close to fully open is now the norm, and the tank sits perfectly solid against the tube; very sturdy.

Switch was loose when I got it; a little adjusting and tightening and it's great. A little polishing upon receipt and it looks very nice. Easily adjusts for different batteries. Some don't like the negative spring; I simply removed my spring and let the brass post be the negative contact and all is fine. I figured that would eliminate any small voltage drop it might cause.

Overall, I would buy another. It's not the latest engraved, etched, grooved, anodized showpiece mod. It's sturdy, brutal, functional and occasionally fiddly (in a good way). Best battery mod money I have spent to date! Others have posted reviews on Stormy's and on DV; check them out also.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Does anyone here own the new MKB-TS and what do you like/dislike about it. Thinking about buying one and would like some opinions. Thanks

You might want to look into this thread for some answers... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/401929-mkb-ts-mechanical-mod-ggts-clone.html

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to buy a device that you need to use adapters on it to make anything to work properly! You would think the manufacturer would be mindful of the problem though!! Because of this, it hasn't gotten the high marks as it should have gotten...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Does anyone here own the new MKB-TS and what do you like/dislike about it. Thinking about buying one and would like some opinions. Thanks

You might want to look into this thread for some answers... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/401929-mkb-ts-mechanical-mod-ggts-clone.html

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to buy a device that you need to use adapters on it to make anything to work properly! You would think the manufacturer would be mindful of the problem though!! Because of this, it hasn't gotten the high marks as it should have gotten...

What is with all the double posts today???

Last edited:

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
no because as it is a clone from the GGTS it needs the adepter to flush the conector. Imeo also had to make an adapter to get it flushed to fit tanks.

My Ithaka fits on my MKB perfectly. I do have to take off the gold top from MKB and take the bottom 510 connector piece off of Ithaka.
Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread