Opinions about the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renor

Mar 24, 2019
Hi!
I'd like to hear opinions about this tank from other vapers. Is this tank good for cloud chasing? I'd use this tank with it's RBA so I would be grateful if you could share experiences about the usage of the RBA itself aswell.
By the way, if you own this tank, what settings (coil resistance, wattage... ) do you usually use it on?

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have one but it's really been supplanted by many other solid choices. The RBA isn't bad as there is some room to work, but it's still not as convenient as a dedicated RTA. The other problem is the original BB only holds about 3 ml of juice. If you're looking for clouds you'll be refilling every few hours.

If you want to build there are excellent RTAs out there. If you're looking for a drop in coil tank which the BB primarily is, you're better off looking at the more modern mesh based tanks out there like the Freemax mesh pro, horizon falcon, and others that are well regarded. Me, I wouldn't be purchasing a BB with what else is now available a good two years after the BB was first released. It has not stood up to the test of time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I tend to agree with what @Eskie said. Devices which are created to do multiple things rarely do anything particulary well. The tank you're speaking about was originally designed to use drop in coils, and then the manufacturer thought we can tweak this a little to allow it to be used as a rebuildable. No, its not that easy.

Buy a rebuildable tank if you are going to be using rebuildable coils. Buy a drop in coil tank if you don't want to mess with rebuildable coils. Simple as that.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The TFV8 BBB with an RBA deck has been my daily beater for well over a year and I loves it.
I use dual single core 26/32 claptons at about 70 watts with the airflow set to about one third open.
I get a great saturated vape and no leaks. There was an initial learning curve with the wicking but the same applies to all rebuilables.

Is it good for cloud chasing?
It definitely produces a bucket load of vapor, but if you are going for maximum plume then an RDA is always going to be the way to go.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi!
I'd like to hear opinions about this tank from other vapers. Is this tank good for cloud chasing? I'd use this tank with it's RBA so I would be grateful if you could share experiences about the usage of the RBA itself aswell.
By the way, if you own this tank, what settings (coil resistance, wattage... ) do you usually use it on?
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: Tanks, suggest posting in : Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils
You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information (such as matching tanks dependability/settings) from the membership in the above forum.

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have a falcon mesh. I also have a tfv 8 and a tfv 12. Both of these are collecting dust. The falcon is way superior to these others. And my experience with the rba head for the tfv 8 was unsatisfactory. Too much trouble to fool with when there are better choices. I have a couple rta's that i like, the wotofo bravo and geekvape blitzen both are great rebuildables. The only thing i dont like about the blitzen is the small capacity but it certainly vapes nice.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread