Opinions differing HW eleaf coils in Ello tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie Vapes

Aug 3, 2017
So I recently purchased a pico 25, love btw, the recommended coils are Eleafs HW.
I used up the two that came in box, and purchased the HW 3 (tri coil) , it ran at 0.17ohm.
I absolutely hate them.

First you have to be up above 50 watts to get ANY kind of flavour or cloud production, which may not be a horrible thing, but it emptied a tank in two sessions, and drained the battery in same amount of time. On the way to work.
It nearly ruined my vaping experience.

So, on a break I immediately went and got the HW2 (.27ohm) and yes! Success!
I'm vape happy again.
Massive clouds and awesome flavour from go. Can go as low as 30watts and upwards. juice and battery are lasting.
Anyone have experience with these types of coils and Ello tank?
I had the istick pico prior and it was ok, but the Ello tank is much much better than the Mello.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The HWs are doubled coils. HW1 is a single doubled, in SS, the HW2 is two doubled, HW3 is three doubled. If I remember correctly, the 2 and 3 are kanthal.

None of the coils last long in my opinion, a week at most. Of course, I am also using the Ello XL, and I run about 15 ml through one a day. My sweet spot is at about 45 watts using the 1 and 2.

While I love the vape they make, I'm going to have to try the Mello 4 with the newer ECS coils. The Mello 4 has the same look as the Ello. I do like my Mello 2, wife likes the Mello 3, both use the EC coils. Maybe the Mello 4 will be our middle ground

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Angie Vapes

Aug 3, 2017
Interesting info @SupplyDaddy !

I found the exact opposite.
On the Mello tank my coils were burning out much faster, and the Ello I found to have much more flavour.
I go through about 6mls a day, filling the tank 3 times, though I never let it get very low.
I'm using a 70/30 vg mix. Perhaps our juice preferences are the differing factor?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Interesting info @SupplyDaddy !

I found the exact opposite.
On the Mello tank my coils were burning out much faster, and the Ello I found to have much more flavour.
I go through about 6mls a day, filling the tank 3 times, though I never let it get very low.
I'm using a 70/30 vg mix. Perhaps our juice preferences are the differing factor?
I run about 8 to 10ml through one of mine. 70vg
Though they are the Ello mini XLs (5.5ml).

Same mix and amounts on my Mello 2s. It took a long while to get to 45 watts with the mello, the Ello I hit that right off. Played with higher, but like it lower.

For me, the hw coils taste better, yet the ec coils last longer. With the full exception of the hw3, which did not last at all (3 days) and I could never find the sweet spot with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Letitia

MichaelPMad

Nov 19, 2017
So I recently purchased a pico 25, love btw, the recommended coils are Eleafs HW.
I used up the two that came in box, and purchased the HW 3 (tri coil) , it ran at 0.17ohm.
I absolutely hate them.

First you have to be up above 50 watts to get ANY kind of flavour or cloud production, which may not be a horrible thing, but it emptied a tank in two sessions, and drained the battery in same amount of time. On the way to work.

I'm vape happy again.
Massive clouds and awesome flavour from go. Can go as low as 30watts and upwards. Juice and battery are lasting.
I had the istick pico prior and it was ok, but the Ello tank is much much better than the Mello.
Thoughts?
Hey,I was looking up my Eleaf HW coils and ran into this forum.I myself have the same coils.I have an Eleaf I Konn220 which I paid 40 bucks and I just bought a Smok T-Priv 220 which was about 45 super heap and super reliable. I never go up to 220 watts of course .I like them at about 50-60.My batteries last forever.I have 2 in each,pink Samsung.I found some sites where you can save money, if interested let me know and I will give you the links.I found 2 sites to get cheap mods and then a site for cheap juice.Like way cheaper than most sites.I found them watching reviews on Youtube.Check them out if you haven't already you learn a ton of stuff and can enter to win free givewaways pretty cool.Well I will post them anyways and you can check them out if you wish. I buy from them a few times per month.The place for juice is www.premiumvapesupply.com and make sure you enter foolish20 and you will get 20% more off. I pay 14 bucks for, Naked100 and Chubby Bubble !!!Super Deal.A place you can check if you like 3mg nicotine is www.ejuiceconnect.com which is where I bought my Eleaf IKonn220 which I love fore like 38 bucks.That is the place for mods another place whom I buy at here and there when they have steals is www.breazy.com all these sites are reputable and I have purchased many items from them. I have bought from other places but these are the cheapest and best I have found if you find better deals.Please tell me.

Tunka

May 31, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I absolutely hate them.

I'm vape happy again.
Massive clouds and awesome flavour from go. Can go as low as 30watts and upwards. Juice and battery are lasting.
Thoughts?
I bought the iKonn 220 kit with the Ello tank, HW3 coil mounted. In my opinion, it is a superb tank for higher wattage vaping. I run my tri-coils at 90w with a PG/VG of 30/70. Nice warm vape, great flavor and clouds out the a**. For the Pico 25 I'd recommend the dual coil HW2.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I have two red Ello tanks, with the 4 ml extension. I like them.
I tested first the HW4, but they start life at 80 watts, and works reasonably at 120 and above. They need 1.5 mg/ml or less... In short, they aren't my piece of cake, as I am an MTLer during the week, and a cloud chaser on the Sunday... But not that cumulonembus-sized clouds! I eventually settled on the Hw2, which are similar to a Baby-Tfv8 experience. The HW1 are TC-only, they don't work well in power mode; they need a proper temperature profile set in the Yihi mod.
Now. The all of HW coils performance is e-liquid dependant; this is why people here have opposed experiences.
Cause is the coil wadding is clogged by some chemicals in the flavourings. Some of you may have used the Smok TFV4-micro, which suffered exactly the same issue.
I found the fruit esthers present in many e-liquids - mostly expensive ones- impedes the proper wicking of the coils. After the first few draws, caused by the warming and cooling of the coils - a tiny wax-like layer forms at the interface with the liquid, preventing further wetting.
You need to overheat the liquid or apply some air pressure to break the wax layer ; it is very tiny afterall.
I have my stock of Tropika 3 mg being used with the Top tank mini.
It is a pity that eleaf, just like Smok did at beginning, don't test their coils with the expensive e-liquids which are common in their destination markets. And, the many e-liquid reviewers do not try their liquids in all the most popular tanks and coils, but just in some RTA or a RDA, which can vape anything liquid.
Hope this helps,
Happy New Year!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Never meant to generalise my findings; I have just find one cause of bad wicking with some fruity e-liquids. The number of combinations of e-liquids And coils is just plainly overwhelming - to only try to establish a pattern.
Just too many variables involved for patterns. I think the HW line of coils are pretty good by current standards. I use rta's because I can't afford to toss coils out once a week just because I prefer this juice or that wattage or I'm having a crap week and chain vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread