Opinions on gearbest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Hey guys! What are your opinions on ordering from gearbest? I know they are a China based company, and the shipping does take a long time, but their prices are extremely cheap! I have a Tesla Two that I have noticed seems like it may not last too much longer, the button is a bit less clicky then it used to be, and the button is only super clicky really in the middle ish of the button, they sell that mod for like $30 or so. Are they reputable enough to trust? Or even better, recommend a site that has what I need at a decent price? Thanks!

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
What are some known trustable places to get batteries and mods? I actually like my Tesla Two a lot, and when mine gives out, I'm thinking of getting another one. I'm not experienced enough really to get a normal mod with removable batteries yet, have to do more reading before moving up to something nicer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Earthtograce

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey guys! What are your opinions on ordering from gearbest? I know they are a China based company, and the shipping does take a long time, but their prices are extremely cheap! I have a Tesla Two that I have noticed seems like it may not last too much longer, the button is a bit less clicky then it used to be, and the button is only super clicky really in the middle ish of the button, they sell that mod for like $30 or so. Are they reputable enough to trust? Or even better, recommend a site that has what I need at a decent price? Thanks!

If you decide you want to go with GearBest, just make sure you understand their Return Policy.

"GearBest refunds are made on your GearBest Wallet(Store credit ) by default.
You can use your GB wallet to purchase brand new products on GearBest.com anytime."

Warranty and Return | GearBest.com

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Placed an order May 23rd with GB that included 8 Samsung 25-R's. Order arrived June 8th. No compaints here with these or any other in stock items from previous orders.

GearBest is on the list for selling fake AW batteries - since AW knows his own distributors that's at least one battery line I wouldn't be getting there.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Found one here for 23.00 Tesla Two Box Mod | Vaping Mall The company is in NC. I have not personally shopped at that site, but it is US based if that is a factor.

Like ~2/3 of everything on the site, that mod is out of stock.

@H4X0R : you don't have to buy another Tesla 2, and I don't recommend it. There are plenty of simple, regulated, more modern mods on the market now, (e.g. Egrip 2, Cuboid Mini, Coolfire 4 TC100, etc), that would be a better investment of your money. These mods are both simple to use and have full temperature control features. They all use internal batteries.

Recharging lithium ion batteries separately is safe, (assuming everything's in good condition), and if/when you're no longer anxious about it, your options open up even further.

ETA: I've only ordered a couple small items from Gearbest, but I had no problems. A Kepler heatsink and a pair of ceramic tweezers for $5 total shipped was a decent deal. The package arrived ~20 days after I ordered it.

Last edited:
Reactions: H4X0R

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Placed an order May 23rd with GB that included 8 Samsung 25-R's. Order arrived June 8th. No compaints here with these or any other in stock items from previous orders.

Many of us have been buying those exact batteries from GB. :thumb:

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Like ~2/3 of everything on the site, that mod is out of stock.

@H4X0R : you don't have to buy another Tesla 2, and I don't recommend it. There are plenty of simple, regulated, more modern mods on the market now, (e.g. Egrip 2, Cuboid Mini, Coolfire 4 TC100, etc), that would be a better investment of your money. These mods are both simple to use and have full temperature control features. They all use internal batteries.

Recharging lithium ion batteries separately is safe, (assuming everything's in good condition), and if/when you're no longer anxious about it, your options open up even further.

ETA: I've only ordered a couple small items from Gearbest, but I had no problems. A Kepler heatsink and a pair of ceramic tweezers for $5 total shipped was a decent deal. The package arrived ~20 days after I ordered it.

ONLY reason I'm considering it is because I don't yet fully understand how other mods with removable batteries work just yet, I know the calculation to find the amp draw on each battery, but can't seem to figure out where the resistance of the coil comes into play. I'm just used to unregulated where the only thing you have to worry about is the resistance of the coil, I need to brush up more on them before going for a regulated mod. I was considering the RX200 honestly, but like I said, I need to do some more reading. Thanks all for your replies and it does help more than you know!

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Also, side note here, I heard someone say that an elevated 510 connector can cause a hard short on a mod. The Tesla Two first gen has an elevated 510 connector, where it sits just a BIT off the mod, is this an issue? Or am I mistaken? Correct me if I'm wrong, that's my goal here lol I bring this up because they got rid of the gap eventually in the newer versions of the mod, and from what I heard, ordering from fasttech or gearbest, it's all chance which one you get. Is that a safety issue at all?

Reactions: Earthtograce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread