The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Opinions on gearbest.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by H4X0R, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. H4X0R

H4X0R Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Hey guys! What are your opinions on ordering from gearbest? I know they are a China based company, and the shipping does take a long time, but their prices are extremely cheap! I have a Tesla Two that I have noticed seems like it may not last too much longer, the button is a bit less clicky then it used to be, and the button is only super clicky really in the middle ish of the button, they sell that mod for like $30 or so. Are they reputable enough to trust? Or even better, recommend a site that has what I need at a decent price? Thanks!

2. coolerat

coolerat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Og them all Gearbest is my least favorite. I'd order from them I guess but it better be really special.

• Like Like x 2
  3. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Hmm.... where else could I find a Tesla Two decently priced? Any ideas?

4. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    GB is a fine china based company but I agree with the previous poster only based on my personal experience with their shipping ... I've had batteries take 45 days to arrive YMMV.

• Like Like x 2
  5. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    What are some known trustable places to get batteries and mods? I actually like my Tesla Two a lot, and when mine gives out, I'm thinking of getting another one. I'm not experienced enough really to get a normal mod with removable batteries yet, have to do more reading before moving up to something nicer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. daleron

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Are you wanting china based sites? :unsure:
    There is GB, FT, and I recently had a good experience with 3Fvape :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Also, adding this as I just saw it, they're selling it unbelievably cheap on fasttech. Is that out of China? Is it reputable?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    Found one here for 23.00 Tesla Two Box Mod | Vaping Mall The company is in NC. I have not personally shopped at that site, but it is US based if that is a factor.

9. nclobo

nclobo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Durham, NC
  10. daleron

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Yes, we call it the "slow boat" but they are good people :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Salton Sea, CA
    Fasttech is extremely reputable.
    They have better customer service than most authentic modders.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ericbnc

ericbnc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Placed an order May 23rd with GB that included 8 Samsung 25-R's. Order arrived June 8th. No compaints here with these or any other in stock items from previous orders.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If you decide you want to go with GearBest, just make sure you understand their Return Policy.

"GearBest refunds are made on your GearBest Wallet(Store credit ) by default.
    You can use your GB wallet to purchase brand new products on GearBest.com anytime."

Warranty and Return | GearBest.com

14. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the info! When my mod goes out, I'll probably get me another one, same mod. I've actually come to like this mod where I didn't at first.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    GearBest is on the list for selling fake AW batteries - since AW knows his own distributors that's at least one battery line I wouldn't be getting there.

16. 7sixtwo

7sixtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    Like ~2/3 of everything on the site, that mod is out of stock.

@H4X0R : you don't have to buy another Tesla 2, and I don't recommend it. There are plenty of simple, regulated, more modern mods on the market now, (e.g. Egrip 2, Cuboid Mini, Coolfire 4 TC100, etc), that would be a better investment of your money. These mods are both simple to use and have full temperature control features. They all use internal batteries.

Recharging lithium ion batteries separately is safe, (assuming everything's in good condition), and if/when you're no longer anxious about it, your options open up even further.

ETA: I've only ordered a couple small items from Gearbest, but I had no problems. A Kepler heatsink and a pair of ceramic tweezers for $5 total shipped was a decent deal. The package arrived ~20 days after I ordered it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have placed many orders with GB and never an issue. Just placed one today during their Dragonboat sale :)

They do have some products in their US warehouse.

• Like Like x 2
  18. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Many of us have been buying those exact batteries from GB. :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  19. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    ONLY reason I'm considering it is because I don't yet fully understand how other mods with removable batteries work just yet, I know the calculation to find the amp draw on each battery, but can't seem to figure out where the resistance of the coil comes into play. I'm just used to unregulated where the only thing you have to worry about is the resistance of the coil, I need to brush up more on them before going for a regulated mod. I was considering the RX200 honestly, but like I said, I need to do some more reading. Thanks all for your replies and it does help more than you know!

20. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Also, side note here, I heard someone say that an elevated 510 connector can cause a hard short on a mod. The Tesla Two first gen has an elevated 510 connector, where it sits just a BIT off the mod, is this an issue? Or am I mistaken? Correct me if I'm wrong, that's my goal here lol I bring this up because they got rid of the gap eventually in the newer versions of the mod, and from what I heard, ordering from fasttech or gearbest, it's all chance which one you get. Is that a safety issue at all?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.