The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Opinions on Smok TFV12 Prince?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Clonox, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bahamaman

Bahamaman Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I have been a confirmed, and loyal, user of the Freemax Starre Pure since it's release. Since that tank seems not to be supported any longer by the manufacturer, I have been on a quest to find a suitable replacement.

Yesterday, I bought the Smok Prince, and it is at least the equal to, and probably exceeds the Starre Pure (a highly underrated favor tank). I'm using the Q4 coil at 50 watts, and the flavor is amazing!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Try the Freemax Fireluke MeshTank, really good flavor!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Good to hear you are liking the Prince!

When it is time to change coils, hope you try the others it came with....then stop back and let us know. I won't influence your opinion by giving mine (could just be the juices I am using), but curious what others' opinions are.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    had my smok prince for 5 days now. it hasn't disappointed in the slightest. still using the 0.4 coil that it came installed with at 55W currently. great airflow, flavour and vapour. i know some people have had issues with smok products...i'm not one of them. recommended. highly.
    edit -- oh and i've also ordered the RBA coil head. rather good value for money i think
    $9.82 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV12 Prince Replacement RBA Coil Head - 0.25ohm / EU edition at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2014
    CT
    got mine for $24 bux fyi...from Hong Kong....ordered on the 2nd... arrived the 22nd...

Question for those who have it, i havent used mine yet as i just put a fresh coil in my old tank lol....

do you need to prime the coil prior to use? the directions only say to put in tank, fill with liquid and let it sit for a few minutes...

6. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You have to prime all coils but what I have done before is just put a few drops on cotton around coils then install coils and fill with ejuice came back hours later

7. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Not sure how you have "broken in" your coils in the past, but not only prime the coil by wetting the cotton with your juice, but start out low on the wattage, take a few hits, raise wattage 5 watts or so and repeat until you get a vape you like. Don't jump right in at the high end of wattage.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    after priming (as others have described) i take a few hits without pressing the fire button. then start at a low wattage and work my way up. 50-55W is working for me with the 0.4

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2014
    CT
    i use the crown 3 and i have an older kanger tank...both state in the instruction to soak the cotton prior to putting in the tank, fill with juice, sit for 10-15 minutes and vape away...

i just thought it was strange that this tank doesnt say to wet the cotton before putting in tank. thought maybe smok coils wasnt required or something. i always presoak, fill tank and let sit... i dont vape on super high levels, i stay between 40 and 60....

• Like Like x 1
  10. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    No matter the brand, most would agree not only to presoak and fill, but to also take a few primer puffs (without hitting the fire button) and then letting it sit for a while. Then, depending on the coil ohms and recommended wattage, start out firing it at or even below the bottom end of "recommended wattage" and work your way up a little at a time. For the Prince Q4 coil, I start it out around 40 watts. Take a few hits, then up it 5 watts and repeat. As it starts vaping well, take it up 2 or 3 watts at a time until you get a vape you like. It will not vape well at 40 watts, but helps breaking it in. I tend to like the wattage at or near the lower end of "best at", but find what works best for you.

11. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    what are those "primer puffs" going to do? Its not like the air goes through tank where ejuice is. Vaping at lower wattage has a purpose of making sure cotton is good and saturated. You should be able to see some bubbles if wicking good. Maybe I'm missing something about the "primer puffs".

12. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    As far as I know, primer puffs create a bit of a vacuum in the tank, bubbles may/should come from wick holes, helping to get good wicking started. Somewhat of a siphon effect.

13. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Hmm should airflow be shut off or are you trying to go for a venturi effect?

14. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Everybody seems to have their own method, what they feel works for them. I'm in the habit of taking a few primer puffs with the airflow closed, then a couple with a slight bit of airflow. If I see several bubbles, I'll take a couple more. If no bubbles, I figure I am ready to go with it. But I have enough tanks going, I usually let it sit overnight before firing it up. As long as I continue having success doing this with Smok coils, I'll keep doing it. I haven't sensed it is causing any problems.

15. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Looks like I mistakenly thought you were looking for help with the Prince tank! Best I bow out!

16. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yea I don't have the prince. I have the King and the X-baby. Wasn't aware procedure for priming coils was special to prince coils.

17. PugLady

PugLady Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    All I taste in these coils is Machine oil, it's to the point I am looking to get a different tank, I call it a frog not a prince lol, mine came with the Smok Mag 225 but I can't stand the taste from these coils..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

18. PugLady

PugLady Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    I just primed it good for about 10 min soaked it real good then vaped away, I have never had a dry hit BUT I can't stand the machine oil taste I can't seem to escape with these coils. I am looking to get a different tank. Mine came with the Mag 225 kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

19. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2014
    MN
    It is up to you but giving it a good cleaning is cheaper than getting a new tank;)

20. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I assume he meant the coils. Don't people clean tank before first use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.