Opinions on the Triton for a Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
So I wanted to try E-cigs to get off of cigarettes, and a buddy of mine recommended some local company called Lizard Juice. The only thing that became apparent was that Lizard Juice is garbage and is overpriced. I purchased their starter kit in store 6 months ago and the battery has already died. Their products are just overpriced and they try to fleece people that are new to the E-Cig market. I paid $70 with tax for 1 lizard juiceclearomizer(1.6ML), a 400mah battery and the charger...+ an additional $22 for a BOGO 16ml bottle of their outlaw brand and something called Lizard Milk.(tastes like a pina colada that was made with rotten milk.) its 100%PG and they said they outsource the making of their E-juice, but no one knows from where.(probably from China.) So I gave up for a bit and started smoking "Analogs" again. Then I recently started looking at E-Cigs again, mostly because im just getting tired of smoking cigarettes, and it's all confusing between the ohms and voltages, so I started looking for starter kits again, and stumbled on the Halo Triton tank system. I have been watching and reading reviews about it for almost 3 weeks now, but I figured I would sign up to this site and ask is the hype about this companies product and juices really true?

I posted this in the new user forum because I couldn't find this subforum. Any input would be greatly appreciated from users that actually own this system.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey there. I do not own the Halo Triton, but I've got the Halo G6 (a smaller type of battery), along with a bunch of other companies' gear I've bought over the last few years. So I wanted to give you my thoughts.

What I can tell you after using other gear, even as an experienced vaper, is that I am planning to buy a Halo Triton kit this week. And as I've chatted with other people on the Halo sub-forum I've come to discover that multiple people here are also "veterans" who decided to switch over to all Halo gear. The Halo community on ECF is awesome, the company is located in America (New Jersey, specifically), and they have the BEST juice I've vaped in 3 years. The Triton batteries also have a 60 day warranty, and the forum here also has a Halo employee who is very easy to contact (Cinder Ella).

My opinion is that you should jump in and buy a Triton kit, without a doubt. But maybe some folks here who actually own the Triton will chime in.

P.S. Before you place your first order, if you want to start a thread and list what you're planning to buy, people would be happy to give you helpful opinions/advice. It's a great way to make sure your first order has everything you need.

Edit: I think you'll like this thread too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/halo/513251-proud-owner-shiney-new-triton.html

Last edited:

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hello there ahfeckthis! Good to hear you are considering the Halo Triton Tank system! Seems like it's a slow night tonight here on the Halo sub-forum, but I can speak from experience, that if you're ready to get off the analogs, the Triton is the best choice you can make. I have been using it for nearly 4 months now, and it has been the BEST for me. Halo is a quality company and stands behind all of their products. THEY manufacture all of their juices and they are TOP SHELF! All of their products work together, and that means no-fuss, and one stop shopping.

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with the other company you spoke of, but you're not going to run into that with Halo, and if ANYTHING goes wrong their customer service has always been able to work it out and fix it for me, plus we have an official Halo representative here. Her forum name is Cinder Ella,and she is a POWERHOUSE! If Cinder can't do it, it just simply can't be done.

For the price, quality, customer service, and terrific ejuice...Halo can't be beat! (plus the great community we have here on the forum):)

Please give Halo a try, I gaurantee, you won't be sorry! Good luck, and I hope this helps

eddydb

Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
CA, Bay Area
I very new to vaping but can tell you that the Halo Triton has worked great for me. I started vaping to quit a 20+ year chewing tobacco habit, and haven't thought about dipping after about day 3. I am not a fan of many of their juices. but have found a few that I like. More cost effective for me to buy my juice at a local shop where I can taste several at a time.

My Halo experience started with a G6 battery and Tribeca cartomizers which a friend loaned me. I like the Tribeca in the cart form but not as a juice (weird).

So then I bought a Triton starter set which allows me to use both a tank or a cart. When at home I use the triton with a tank, and when out of the house I use a Triton battery with a prefilled cartomizer. It's really stealth with the Triton / Cart combo.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Halo Triton. As far as juices, that's more of a personal preference so I wont start making any juice recommendations.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I started off with the g6, worked great until I started smoking again. A few months ago (nov) I got the triton. It took a few weeks but I got off the stinkies and been off for 7 weeks now! Halo is an awesome company! I haven't tired any other company and don't think I would. Like others said, Halo is a one stop shop for anything you'll need for your g6 or triton. I recommend Halo to my mom and some friends, they quit smoking soon after they got it. Fast shipping (minus USPS), great customer service, great products you can't go wrong with Halo.

Everyone here is great! Friendly people that you'll soon look forward to talking with, I've learned a lot from the folks here.

sent from galaxy tab 3 using tapatalk

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Ah glad you were able to find the forum! As I said in your other post I started (after the convenience store ecigs) with the Triton, and it has been just wonderful. If you read through a bunch of posts on this subforum you'll see how positive our experiences have been. I have two friends I'm actually going to set up with Tritons shortly because they are so reliable and fiddle-free compared with other starter kits!

Feel free to ask questions - everyone here is very helpful:D

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
I noticed the pointer to the other thread I started on my new Triton. I am still quite ecstatic about it.

I thought I could add a bit more detail to help you, since you're in the same position as I was. You will certainly make a noticeable step up from the kit you got at the B&M from what I understand from your post. I will be honest in pointing out that the Triton will not immediately feel like a "completely different, and amazing" solution at first. In fact, when you first assemble your kit, you may marvel at just how close it looks to what you have. BUT - I think that's where the value really comes from: It's like what the kit from your B&M *should* have been.

It's small, it's easy to use (actually easier since the coil extends over the top of the clear tank, making it practically impossible to "drown" your coil with liquid. It comes with a gigantic 2.4ml tank, and actually I'm filling to about 2.8-3.0 since the coil extends so high. So it's super easy to fill for an entire day (and I sure like to puff), and the batteries (650's anyway) give a very long charge, maybe 6 hours? Honestly, I've never let my battery die, I just preemptively replace it every 4-6 hours, so I don't have to fuss with it when it does die.

I don't know about your kit, but the one I used produced a nasty harsh throat hit and very little vapor. I'm going to assume that's because it was running a higher voltage than my Triton. It is either that, or the voltage and ohm of the tank were not appropriately matched on my old kit. Either way, the TH is now much more reasonable with Triton, and the vapor is better. It's a thicker, fuller cloud (but not TOO much vapor, as I mentioned in my other post). I hope that makes any sense. :)

Wes

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hi. I own several Tritons. Simply put, they rock.

Triton tanks are a top coil. They vape warm, as opposed to a bottom coil, that gives a bit cooler vape.

If you want something that flat out works, day after day, fairly easy to maintain, good looking, gives great flavor and vape, then this is it. There are adaptors for other tops/tanks/atomisers, but many people will admit the Triton tanks are great. They seldom leak, gurgle, dry hit. If you want to tinker and experiment, go ahead. You'll prove to yourself how smart you were that you did your due diligence, researched and questioned and bought the Triton.

Now, you can think you are saving a few dollars with some other cheaper no name kit. But I guess you did. The Triton kit give you 2 650 batteries, 2 great tanks, charger stuff and the case for less than you paid for your first kit. How much do you save on a cheap tool if it doesn't work, doesn't satisfy and doesn't last?

I've used The Triton for over 90 days. With very few problems. Fewer problems than I see other systems have. For every 1 who doesn't like it, there are 25 who do. Look around this forum. Several have other equipment, or came from other equipment. And they still have and use their Triton.

It has kept me off cigarettes for all this time, and I don't even crave one.

And Halo's eliquids are fantastic. Super high quality USA, and very yummy!!! And Halo liquids work best on the Triton, and the Triton works best with Halo liquids (but, shhh, cummere you, the Triton rocks most any liquid, with the exception of the harsh cinnamon and other "tank crackers")

Again, you can save a few initial bucks, then start wading through hundreds of conflicting recommends for other tanks, clearos, cartos, drippers, shopping at several sites, the joy of parts sold out, or out of stock, attempting to find something good.

Or make a smart purchase at one site, for the kit, 2 extra tanks and a sample pack of juice. And then open, charge, fill hit the button and smile. And smile for a long time...

Here's a 10% off juice code for ecf members (which you are) for Halo

ECFTEN2014

There. Any questions?

Last edited:

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
I don't know about your kit, but the one I used produced a nasty harsh throat hit and very little vapor. I'm going to assume that's because it was running a higher voltage than my Triton. It is either that, or the voltage and ohm of the tank were not appropriately matched on my old kit. Either way, the TH is now much more reasonable with Triton, and the vapor is better. It's a thicker, fuller cloud (but not TOO much vapor, as I mentioned in my other post). I hope that makes any sense. :)

Wes

Ya, the Lizard Juice one is similar sans the center post. It gurgled all the time, real airy hits, throat hit would either be too much or to little (Never felt right?), and very, very, little vapor. I was feeling ripped off and in need of a cigarette... I went ahead and ordered an Iridescense Kit today with 2 650MaH, the gourmet sampler pack and 4 of the 7ml tobacco flavors.(Midnight Apple, Tribeca, Torque56, and Voodoo.) I am pretty convinced that this will be a much better experience than using that LJ thing they rip people off with.

The same kit through them costs $89.99 and is a really bad product.
E-Cigarette Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | E-Cig Starter Kit

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
Hi. I own several Tritons. Simply put, they rock.

Triton tanks are a top coil. They vape warm, as opposed to a bottom coil, that gives a bit cooler vape.

If you want something that flat out works, day after day, fairly easy to maintain, good looking, gives great flavor and vape, then this is it. There are adaptors for other tops/tanks/atomisers, but many people will admit the Triton tanks are great. They seldom leak, gurgle, dry hit. If you want to tinker and experiment, go ahead. You'll prove to yourself how smart you were that you did your due diligence, researched and questioned and bought the Triton.

Now, you can think you are saving a few dollars with some other cheaper no name kit. But I guess you did. The Triton kit give you 2 650 batteries, 2 great tanks, charger stuff and the case for less than you paid for your first kit. How much do you save on a cheap tool if it doesn't work, doesn't satisfy and doesn't last?

I've used The Triton for over 90 days. With very few problems. Fewer problems than I see other systems have. For every 1 who doesn't like it, there are 25 who do. Look around this forum. Several have other equipment, or came from other equipment. And they still have and use their Triton.

It has kept me off cigarettes for all this time, and I don't even crave one.

And Halo's eliquids are fantastic. Super high quality USA, and very yummy!!! And Halo liquids work best on the Triton, and the Triton works best with Halo liquids (but, shhh, cummere you, the Triton rocks most any liquid, with the exception of the harsh cinnamon and other "tank crackers")

Again, you can save a few initial bucks, then start wading through hundreds of conflicting recommends for other tanks, clearos, cartos, drippers, shopping at several sites, the joy of parts sold out, or out of stock, attempting to find something good.

Or make a smart purchase at one site, for the kit, 2 extra tanks and a sample pack of juice. And then open, charge, fill hit the button and smile. And smile for a long time...

Here's a 10% off juice code for ecf members (which you are) for Halo

ECFTEN2014

There. Any questions?

You Won me over with this post! lol, Except I got ripped off on a no name set that cost me as much as the Triton and was no where near the value it seems.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Good choice! It was mine exactly.

The one good thing about Lizard is the video at the bottom of the deluxe kit. I'll bet she sells a lot of kits!!!

That look at 2:08 almost sold me, too!!!

(btw, I am posting this sarcastically! I am not endorsing Lizard at all!!, just their choice of models!)

Last edited:

Atimmer7700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Austin, Texas
Good choice, mate. I got my Triton two weeks ago and have been loving the heck out of it. I tried several other eGo-style sets before this, and seriously the Triton just works. It's like the AK-47 of eCigs, except made here in the States, in that it will never let you down. I'm looking forward to seeing what else Halo comes up with in the future (glass or Pyrex tanks, bottom-coil options, more love for the 808D crowd, etc.)

Let us know when it comes in and what you think.

ps. I think they put crack or something in the Tribeca. I simply cannot stop puffing on this thing.

EDIT: They don't actually put crack in it, crack is not FDA and FEMA GRAS approved.

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Just got my Tracking #! The wait begins...

With what you ordered, you are over $75, and get Priority Mail. That goes through different paths through Kearny. Not so much with First Class. My package of cherished Torque and Prime have been in Kearny since the 5th.

I made a complaint to USPS, they said (condensed) "currently 3 times the normal package volume at this time."

sigh

I'll have to look at 2:08 again. Question, are those store bought? I mean under the lizard tee?

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I'll have to look at 2:08 again. Question, are those store bought? I mean under the lizard tee?

Well clearly they are, the swing and sway ratio is no where near the elements of the organic ones....

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000L-F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
So what is proper swing/sway ratio? Scientifically speaking, I mean. More research may be required to verify your hypothesis.

so, we just need to fill out some variables:

View attachment 294815

mu=the mass of Diva's Saran Wrap

ro=the height of AngiBe's Stilleto's

d=number of "LOL's"

Theta=If Evie is going commando or not, a Boolean value.

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
With what you ordered, you are over $75, and get Priority Mail. That goes through different paths through Kearny. Not so much with First Class. My package of cherished Torque and Prime have been in Kearny since the 5th.

I made a complaint to USPS, they said (condensed) "currently 3 times the normal package volume at this time."

sigh

I hope it doesn't take that long to get my kit...something told me to do fed ex. :/

I believe they are store bought indeed. ;)

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Good choice! It was mine exactly.

The one good thing about Lizard is the video at the bottom of the deluxe kit. I'll bet she sells a lot of kits!!!

That look at 2:08 almost sold me, too!!!

(btw, I am posting this sarcastically! I am not endorsing Lizard at all!!, just their choice of models!)

I take it you weren't really looking at her 'face' area, huh Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread