Opinions on this subject please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Wasn't entirely sure where to post this seeming as I'm rather new to this site, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Right, I've been vaping my MVP V2 and Aspire Nautilus mainly, but I also have 2 iclear 30B's, 2 iclear 30's and 2 iclear 30s's all filled with different juices (apart from the 30B's because they just leak juice straight away, so I'm just keeping them for spare parts).

As I'm waiting for my new coil heads to be delivered for my Aspire Nautilus, I have been using my iclear 30s's mainly. However, I have been looking towards a Kayfun to take my vaping experience to the next level.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...fun-lite-plus-v2-style-rebuildable-atomizer-4

That is the clone that I was looking at buying. However, is it really necessary to move onto RBA's already? I've heard that the flavour you get from rebuildables are worlds apart from clearomizers, but I'm not sure if its really worth investing in one.

Any answers and opinions anyone has will be greatly appreciated! And as always, happy vaping! :vapor: :laugh:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hello Callum!

I recently got this: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1692100 and have been tinkering with it. I have a couple minis and another kf clone that should be arriving this coming week (it's in Chicago!!!)

If you haven't built before, there are a couple of good RipTripper videos (don't have the link handy, but google "RipTripper Kayfun Lite build" or something like that) I'd been building my kanger heads for a couple weeks prior to getting my first clone - I'm getting very consistent results and felt comfortable enough jumping to the kf clone. USE YOUR OHMMETER on your MVP2 (or better yet, get a dedicated meter to check your coils. You can't sub-ohm on the MVP2, so I wouldn't recommend going below 1.5 ohm. Personally, I like about 1.8-1.9 ohms for all my coils. I use 30g kanthal and cotton balls (A whopping $7.25 spent on wire and cotton - I'll be able to rebuild for at least a couple of years LOL)

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

Thank you very much kind sir. I would try rebuilding simple coils, but the aspire nautilus looks like a real pain to rebuild their heads. I'll do a little more research on the rebuilding side of things and will probably make the purchase over the next week or so. I'm not really looking towards sub-ohming anything, I'm just looking for the best vaping experience when it comes to flavour mainly. I have a lot of ejuice such as Custards Last Stand and Gravity by Nicoticket, and if I'm spending the money to buy premium liquid, I'd be much happier vaping it on a more premium device such as an RBA. Thank you very much for your reply

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I use 32ga wire on my Kayfun because I use 3.7v devices. The 32ga heats up faster for me. With the MVP being vv you will be able to turn up the voltage but it will cost a little battery life.

The Kayfun is a superior device but it will take some trial and error. I've had mine for about a month and I'm just beginning to get the hang of it. I've built a few different coils and wicks to find what works for me.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
The kayfun is a great device. Granted at first you may want to throw it against the wall after a few failed builds but once you learn the technique it's amazing. However as to whether it's worth investing in? That's up to you. You don't and shouldn't be rushed into rebuilding until you're ready because it's a lot to learn but there is a lot of people here who would be glad to help you. But the number one cue that you are ready is that you're considering it. I find that once a mod/topper enters my mind... It's like a virus. It spreads until I can no longer stand and take the plunge. Same thing happened with the reo. At first I was like
"Hmmm the reo looks pretty good maybe I'll get one when I can"

A week later

"I MUST HAVE ONE NOW"

So just go with your gut :D

Happy vaping~

DeliciousClouds

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Nijmegen, Netherlands
Rebuilding is pretty fun, I'd say the 30 dollars are well worth it. But about the flavor being "worlds apart", I either haven't found the holy grail of builds yet, or people are hyping it up too much. It tastes cleaner for sure, and you simply taste what you vape better. But has it blown my mind? Nope, I can't say it has. But for me the advantages are clear, it's just so incredibly cheap to replace your coils and wick.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It can be frustrating as hell, but the ones you make are miles better. Friday night used to be coil-making night and things would fly across the room in annoyance.

What i find now is i just wrap a load at a time, when i'm in the mood. No problem. So practice and don't beat yourself up about the 'waste of wire' and so on!

GL

T

Just from the money you'll save from not having to replace nautilus coils I say it's worth it

I just bought my replacement heads from fasttech, seen the good reviews, looked at the price (around £7 for two packs of 5) and they also stocked them in 2.1ohm unlike genuine aspire coil heads. I'll wait until these replacement coil heads come, and then when I next get paid, I'll probably end up investing in a Kayfun :D

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi, I can say without a doubt, yes!! It is absolutely worth it to learn to build and kayfun is a excellent choice! Once you have tasted your juice from a kayfun you will likely never look back!! Why would you? Kayfun gives a amazing flavor like eating a fresh candy and the vapor is thick and dense! It's amazing! I recommend wicking kayfun with cotton and you will get a clean vape with loads of flavor! It's like night and day! And you will find your coils lasting!! Not like the store coils that burn out so fast! And with kayfun I've never got leaking, gurgling, or those awful dry hits! I got so sick and tired of the tanks I bought not working and the coils burNing out so fast I learned to build.it's one of the best things I've ever done! What helped me tremendously was watching kayfun builds on you tube. They have step by step instructions and you cannot go wrong! So watch some kayfun builds on you tube to get a general idea. You won't for one second regret getting your kayfun!!! And once you taste it! Oh my gosh it will be like night and day!!! Hope this helps and if you get your kayfun and need help I'd be more than happy to help. Congratulations on moving foward! You will be so glad you did!!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello everyone! Wasn't entirely sure where to post this seeming as I'm rather new to this site, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Right, I've been vaping my MVP V2 and Aspire Nautilus mainly, but I also have 2 iclear 30B's, 2 iclear 30's and 2 iclear 30s's all filled with different juices (apart from the 30B's because they just leak juice straight away, so I'm just keeping them for spare parts).

As I'm waiting for my new coil heads to be delivered for my Aspire Nautilus, I have been using my iclear 30s's mainly. However, I have been looking towards a Kayfun to take my vaping experience to the next level.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...fun-lite-plus-v2-style-rebuildable-atomizer-4

That is the clone that I was looking at buying. However, is it really necessary to move onto RBA's already? I've heard that the flavour you get from rebuildables are worlds apart from clearomizers, but I'm not sure if its really worth investing in one.

Any answers and opinions anyone has will be greatly appreciated! And as always, happy vaping! :vapor: :laugh:

I don't understand the question. It just seems to be coming from nowhere.

You can either keep buying atomizer heads for clearos, or you can get a rebuildable and some kanthal and vape much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread