Opinions welcomed: am I overdoing my nicotine intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Hiya, I've quite recently started vaping again, so I need some input.
I shall post some details about my build in a bit since I'm still carefully forming an opinion and configuring my setup, unless you all deem it to be essential for my questions.
I'm asking, since I focussed on my build and had almost forgotten my liquid (*doh*).

Now, my main question is whether or not I am overdoing my nicotine intake with this juice;
My Liquid is the Millers Sha La Lemon; a 18mg/ml VG juice, which I am smoking direct to lung.
The brand is Dutch so probably little known. I was looking for a warm and strong throat hit with some flavour and a high level of nicotine to get me off've sigarets and back to vaping.
I was a very heavy tabacco (no pipe) smoker.

So far, I have not touched a sigaret for 12 hours and since I have not vaped for years, realize I'm vaping a little too much at the moment since I recognise the sore throat.
My lack of withdrawal symptoms is staggering so far...

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hiya, I've quite recently started Vaping again, so I need some input.
I shall post some details about my build in a bit since I'm still carefully forming an opinion and configuring my setup, unless you all deem it to be essential for my questions.
I'm asking, since I focussed on my build and had almost forgotten my liquid (*doh*).

Now, my main question is whether or not I am overdoing my nicotine intake with this juice;
My Liquid is the Millers Sha La Lemon; a 18mg/ml VG juice, which I am smoking direct to lung.
The brand is Dutch so probably little known. I was looking for a warm and strong throat hit with some flavour and a high level of nicotine to get me off've sigarets and back to vaping.
I was a very heavy tabacco (no pipe) smoker.

So far, I have not touched a sigaret for 12 hours and since I have not vaped for years, realize I'm vaping a little too much at the moment since I recognise the sore throat.
My lack of withdrawal symptoms is staggering so far...
Hi and welcome,
Congrats!!! You are doing great!
Increase the consumption of your favorite beverage to keep your throat moist.

IMO: If you are not smoking and not getting dizzy, light headed or have an upset stomach, you are doing fine.

How many watts and at what resistance are you using the 18mg/ml?
What device are you using? Topper/battery?

Cheers
I

Last edited:

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Hi and welcome,
How many watts and at what resistance are you using the 18mg/ml?
What device are you using? Topper/battery?
Im using a Uwell Nunchaku combined with an Aspire Nautilus 2 tank.
At this moment, I've set it up to 20w which provide nice puffs, since I've hardly close off airflow.
I've kept the 0.7 ohm coil in my Nautilus....

@bombastinator My biggest worry was my mood, which is still fine (knocks on wood and takes a puff).

Edit: Hum... Links are not working. Maybe disabled, maybe out of fear for advertising. :S

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't see that nic level as deeply unusual if you had heavy nicotine intake.

You will know, however, if you give yourself nic overload. Symptoms: Nausea (I have puked exactly ONCE, because that is unpleasant but I also recognize the symptoms now) perhaps a headache, hiccups (yeah weird I know) burping, feeling light headed feeling "weird" and well, that type of stuff.

You may or may not get a sore throat at first. I did. It cleared up. I am PG sensitive so I needed to change my ratio, but then I got a sore throat again anyway, it just seemed to be a symptom of adjusting to vaping for me but it passed. Good luck, and welcome.

Hydrating is always good. Not only can vape be drying but well you are also going through WD from the thousands of things in tobacco that aren't in vaping although I am very glad you are not FEELING any withdrawal symptoms now. You may, a bit down the line IDK but either way, you can push through them.

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Be sure to up your liquid intake. Vaping will dry out mouth, nose and throat, hence the slight sore throat. Plus it also helps to flush out cig toxins to aid in any type of withdrawal symptoms.
And since the nic is absorbed through the mouth, nose and throat it tends to take longer to get into our systems, so it may seem like you are over doing it but not really. You could probably increase the nic strength to cut down on the number of times you hit your vape, totally a personal choice.

Welcome back.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Whatever it takes to keep the nico-demon at bay. Dont worry about it, it is leaps and bounds healthier than smoking tobacco.
I agree.
Until you reach that point where you know you are off the cigs. Then you can play with reducing the nic levels. I went from 24 for 10 days, to 18 for about 2 weeks, then to 12. I kept some 18, just in case I faltered. It took a while to drop to 6, the hardest drop. Probably 6 months.
I'm currently at 5, after 5 years. I'm glad I'm at a lower level. It makes those times when I can't vape easier to get through. Things like flying, a seminar, or even the trip into NYC becomes much easier at lowered addiction levels.
But brother, even if you stay at 18, you are immeasurably better off than smoking!
Good luck!

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If you're happy with the 18mg stick with it. Don't concern yourself with reducing how often you vape or how high your nic mg is at all for now. Some feel the need to start reducing too early. I was at 24mg and didn't drop to 18mg until my body told me to. That reduction is the only time I took the nic down by more than 2mg. You'll find your own pace with time, just do what works for you personally and read the rest with mild interest.
Welcome and wishing you success.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You are doing fine... first 2 weeks are very hard! When you are ready, get some 12 mg juice, but keep some 18mg just in case (or mix) Sip water (or whatever) between vapes. I have been almost 3 months off the cigs, but still break down once a week. If you do the math, it might seem like too much nicotine, but it's way different than smoking cigs... there have been many threads about this (less absorbed by lungs, cigs hit you faster/harder) Enjoy the nicotine... your body will miss the other stuff in cigs so you need the nic to get through this.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Many people will say lots of things, so here goes...

Quitting cigs does not have to be black and white. If you are decreasing cigarettes, great, but don't stay in the mindset that you are DONE. If the vape doesn't quite cut the muster, have a smoke. Just one. If it's absolutely necessary. I decreased from 1.5pack/day to 1-2 smokes a day until one week I carried an open pack of smokes in my pocket all week without lighting one, and, get this... I wasn't even trying to quit!

To answer your question if it's too much... You would know before you had the sense to ask the question.

Welcome. Good luck and vape on!

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Keep truckin’ partner, give’m hell.

When I made the switch, the vaping and cigs overlapped for a few months because I liked the cerebral clean buzz from the vape and then the dirtier body buzz of the cigs. So it was mostly vape and then sprinkled with a cig here and there. Gradually the cigs faded off, I got tired of buying them, ash, smell, the whole 9.

For me gradual works better than cold turkey for any major change, for the most part. Just keep creating distance between you and the cigs and with some boot heel digging you’ll be rid of them in no time.

Kudos! The very fact that you're not smoking cigarettes anymore is already a win!

For me, I have a few setups which I vary according to the time of day.
I puff a 40mg salt nic in the morning, which gives me that hit early in the day. It's normally a creamy flavour (some peanut butter cereal). For the rest of the day I keep to a lower 12mg Mango Freebase DTL which keeps me satisfied. And at night, after dinner, it's back to another 35mg Salt Nic (Milkman Churrios) which is a nice dessert before turning in.

I found this to work for me without giving me any sore throats or cravings.

Hope it helps.

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
One variable is how much you vape. I vape at work with others that vape. I'm the only one that has it glued to my mouth (chain vaping). I was a major chain smoker so it just carried over to vaping. Due to this I run 12mg. If I did 18mg I would probably get too much nic. I also MTL not DTL. If I did DTL I might even go lower. At that wattage your probably going to be fine.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
As others stated, if it's working and you feel pretty good, you are doing what your suppose to do, which is to not smoke....if this was 5 or so years ago you wouldn't be asking this question because 18 or higher nic was very popular. Now most are doing sub ohm at very high wattages, so nic levels are lower on average, but a nautilus tank is a tank that works well at higher nic levels like years ago.....I started with a similar tank but is rebuildable (rta) at 24mg nic and after 8 years haven't changed a thing. It worked perfectly then and is still working, so I'm good with that. Nic has this stigma that it's a bad thing and alot think they need to get to 0 , so they start lowering, some are successful, while some get to low and fall off the wagon. Some get lower, but then increase their juice consumption to make it up, which is another way. The important thing is to get free of smoking and I think your doing very good....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nic has this stigma that it's a bad thing and alot think they need to get to 0 , so they start lowering, some are successful, while some get to low and fall off the wagon.
I thought that Nicotine Salt was a good thing since it was used for pod systems, which are the perfect devices for those who are too afraid to learn about mods :D

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I thought that Nicotine Salt was a good thing since it was used for pod systems, which are the perfect devices for those who are too afraid to learn about mods :D
I'm sure if it weren't for salt juice many might still be smoking, so anything that helps is really good....if you look at tv ads, studies, general perception , and even here, nic gets a bad rap, as if it was a real killer. As long as nic is in vaping, people think it's no different to smokes and that certainly rubs off on vapors and in their mind they are programmed before they even start vaping to immediately have a plan to start lowering. Nothing wrong with that, but some fall off the wagon because of this....and nic salts are no different to reg nic in any of this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread