Opinions welcomed: am I overdoing my nicotine intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Pick the nic percentage that satisfies your need for nicotine. If 18mg is keeping you from wanting a cigarette, then you are at the right nic level. If 18mg doesn't keep you from smoking, raise your nic for a few months and then lower it a little at a time as you wean yourself.

It's not the nicotine in cigarettes that kills, it's the tar and other chemicals produced by burning tobacco. vaping is more like steam than smoke and it doesn't contain the several hundred nasty chemicals that tobacco smoke exposes you to.

If you want to replicate the feel of smoking in your vape, try vaping at 10 to 20 watts and inhale mouth to lung like you did with a cigarette.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

Wolfe5150

May 31, 2019
Hiya, I've quite recently started Vaping again, so I need some input.
I shall post some details about my build in a bit since I'm still carefully forming an opinion and configuring my setup, unless you all deem it to be essential for my questions.
I'm asking, since I focussed on my build and had almost forgotten my liquid (*doh*).

Now, my main question is whether or not I am overdoing my nicotine intake with this juice;
My Liquid is the Millers Sha La Lemon; a 18mg/ml VG juice, which I am smoking direct to lung.
The brand is Dutch so probably little known. I was looking for a warm and strong throat hit with some flavour and a high level of nicotine to get me off've sigarets and back to vaping.
I was a very heavy tabacco (no pipe) smoker.

So far, I have not touched a sigaret for 12 hours and since I have not vaped for years, realize I'm vaping a little too much at the moment since I recognise the sore throat.
My lack of withdrawal symptoms is staggering so far...
Hiya, I've quite recently started Vaping again, so I need some input.
I shall post some details about my build in a bit since I'm still carefully forming an opinion and configuring my setup, unless you all deem it to be essential for my questions.
I'm asking, since I focussed on my build and had almost forgotten my liquid (*doh*).

Now, my main question is whether or not I am overdoing my nicotine intake with this juice;
My Liquid is the Millers Sha La Lemon; a 18mg/ml VG juice, which I am smoking direct to lung.
The brand is Dutch so probably little known. I was looking for a warm and strong throat hit with some flavour and a high level of nicotine to get me off've sigarets and back to vaping.
I was a very heavy tabacco (no pipe) smoker.

So far, I have not touched a sigaret for 12 hours and since I have not vaped for years, realize I'm vaping a little too much at the moment since I recognise the sore throat.
My lack of withdrawal symptoms is staggering so far...
I was a heavy cigar smoker, i started with18mg/ml, after about 3 weeks i started to get headaches and a quizy stomach so i dropped down to 6mg/ml, after about 2 months i dropped down to 3 mg/ml, haven't had a cigar or any other tobacco products in 3 months.

Reactions: YorkMan

Wolfe5150

May 31, 2019
I was a heavy cigar smoker, i started with18mg/ml, after about 3 weeks i started to get headaches and a quizy stomach so i dropped down to 6mg/ml, after about 2 months i dropped down to 3 mg/ml, haven't had a cigar or any other tobacco products in 3 months, a lot depends on your body and what it can handle, so don't be afraid to experiment to see what works best for you.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I started out with 1.8% in the Eco-Cigs cigalike then moved to the Vuse cigalike then to the Vuse Vibe. 5.% I think then the Vuse Alto, 5.% I think. Then to the Aspire Tigon with 2.4% Durasmoke Menthol then down to 1.8% of the same but I was hitting it all day and getting daily headaches and eye/vision problems. It turned out the Menthol was the problem for the problems so I quit that brand. Then I started DIY Nicotine and VG from My Freedom Smokes at anywhere from 2.4- 4.8% but was still hitting it all day although no headaches or other problems. Now I'm using 5.% CNT Nicotine and VG from Liquid Barn mixed down from 10.% and can take a few hits and set it back down. For me higher Nic is the only way to go. Get the relaxation and forget about it for a while. Saves money and your lungs. I'd start high and work your way down if your stress level drops. Unfortunately mine hasn't yet.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Just something I did on my first day...

I vaped only, from the moment I woke up. I took 3-4 draws and put my vaporizer out of my line of sight. I wanted my body to tell me when I needed a mix "fix".

I went about 30 minutes, then I did the same. It was about 30 minutes between using the vaporizer.

Later, I added another draw or two and it lasted longer.

Basically, I figured out what my body needed and at what strength. That helped a lot.

For my wake-up morning coffee, a added a a draw or two in order to get my needed nic. In front of the TV I used a lower nic content so I could vape a bit more.

Knowing what I needed and how often really helped. Have me confidence, too.

Last cig for me was on July 6th.
Stared with Juul 5% and very quickly was refilling those pods with 50 Mg Nic Salts.

One month in and we’ve switched to a Nord using a 35mg 70/30 Nic Salt. Actually, my wife is still using a Juul and I refill her pods every day with a 35mg 50/50 nic salt.

The plan is to switch down to a 25mg next month.

I will say that my wife and I are amazed how much we can vape without feeling like we’ve had too much.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Last cig for me was on July 6th.
Stared with Juul 5% and very quickly was refilling those pods with 50 Mg Nic Salts.

One month in and we’ve switched to a Nord using a 35mg 70/30 Nic Salt. Actually, my wife is still using a Juul and I refill her pods every day with a 35mg 50/50 nic salt.

The plan is to switch down to a 25mg next month.

I will say that my wife and I are amazed how much we can vape without feeling like we’ve had too much.
Congrats to you both. I would suggest waiting to lower nic when your body tells you it's time and then in smaller increments. The treat with vaping is there is no reason to get in a rush.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Good to hear ur trying or wanting to quit those nasty cigs ! When I quit what helped me was vaping CBD isolate w/my tobacco 18mg.nic & menthol but was hard to find a good tobacco nic & menthol until recently I found some at moon mountain. I also keep my last pack of unopened menthol cigs.in the freezer for psychological reasons, I guess it helped me just knowing they were there if I needed them but I never went back been smoke real nasty cig. free for a year now.

Can’t keep a pack in the house or I’ll smoke them.
Came across an empty pack the other day and ripped that thing open like a tornado through a South Georgia trailer park hoping there was a smoke inside. Thank goodness it was empty.

We switched from the 50 to the 35 mg nic because we both realized we were hitting this thin AAAAAALLLLL DDDAAAAAY. I found myself going through two or three refilled Juul Pods. Essentially we were taking in more nicotine than we were through smokes so our plan is to cut it back. We’re at the 35 now and in a few weeks we plan on going down to the 25. At some point we’d love to go completely off it.

Heck, I’m even hitting this thing while sitting in my office at my desk. I just keep a folded up paper towel to exhale through and I don’t care how big of hit I take or cloud I blow the paper towel blocks 100% of it. Nobody is none the wiser. I’ve even asked a couple of coworkers if they could smell it when they walked into my office and they couldn’t. It’s so nice not having to walk outside every hour or so. The downside is I am hitting the vape every five to ten minutes.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Came across an empty pack the other day and ripped that thing open like a tornado through a South Georgia trailer park hoping there was a smoke inside. Thank goodness it was empty.

We switched from the 50 to the 35 mg nic because we both realized we were hitting this thin AAAAAALLLLL DDDAAAAAY. I found myself going through two or three refilled Juul Pods. Essentially we were taking in more nicotine than we were through smokes so our plan is to cut it back. We’re at the 35 now and in a few weeks we plan on going down to the 25. At some point we’d love to go completely off it.

Heck, I’m even hitting this thing while sitting in my office at my desk. I just keep a folded up paper towel to exhale through and I don’t care how big of hit I take or cloud I blow the paper towel blocks 100% of it. Nobody is none the wiser. I’ve even asked a couple of coworkers if they could smell it when they walked into my office and they couldn’t. It’s so nice not having to walk outside every hour or so. The downside is I am hitting the vape every five to ten minutes.
And this is why you don't get in a hurry to lower nic.;)

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019

Wow u do or did really love those nasty real cigs. I didnt love them matter fact I hated them for the awful smell they make & left behind & the way they made me feel in the a.m. etc. I'm glad I'm rid of them in my life & I feel so much better without them.

Wow u do or did really love those nasty real cigs. I didnt love them matter fact I hated them for the awful smell they make & left behind & the way they made me feel in the a.m. etc. I'm glad I'm rid of them in my life & I feel so much better without them.

I wouldn’t say love them and I felt the same way you do with regards to smell, etc. that’s probably why switching to the vape was sooo easy. However, after being a smoker for 10 years and then not having one for a week or two I would’ve lit it in a heartbeat. Luckily it was empty. That was two weeks ago and I probably wouldn’t get that excited about them now.

• Optimistic

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I wouldn’t say love them and I felt the same way you do with regards to smell, etc. that’s probably why switching to the vape was sooo easy. However, after being a smoker for 10 years and then not having one for a week or two I would’ve lit it in a heartbeat. Luckily it was empty. That was two weeks ago and I probably wouldn’t get that excited about them now.
I still have a pack of menthol cigs. unopened of course in the freezer after I quit em a year ago & never went back I guess I kept em for psychological reasons cause if I hadn't of had the pack I would of went out & bought a pack & started back months ago but glad I didn't I feel so much better without em plus I LOVE vaping a lot more than I did & do those ever !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread