Orange County (NC) Board of Health tables vote on proposed e-cig ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The Orange County Board of Health delayed a vote this week on a proposal to ban electronic cigarette smoking in enclosed areas of restaurants and bars.

The board heard from the community on the proposa and reviewed comments submitted from an online survey, voicemail, email and U.S. mail, according to Stacy Shelp, communications manager for the Orange County Health Department.

At the end of the meeting at Hillsborough’s Whitted Building, the board decided to table the vote until after the U.S. surgeon general releases a report this summer or fall about the health impact of so-called e-cigs.

"Ultimately, the Board of Health will continue to read the existing research, weigh the public opinions shared, and then assess the most up-to-date data from the surgeon general's report to make their decision on this as a public health issue in Orange County," Shelp said.

After that, the article disintegrates into ANTZ talking points.

I never heard anything about an upcoming US Surgeon General report, and I haven't been able to find any other info about it.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Yes, but the "real OC" is only here in Cali.... ;)
Not a very vape friendly place, to say the least!

In Orange County, NC, you can vape in bars and restaurants.

Plan A Visit
On this site you'll find information on all the must-see restaurants, things to do, events and hotels throughout Chapel Hill and the Orange County Communities as well as the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

We'll provide you with everything you need to help you explore this trend-setting playground full of sights, sounds and tastes that make it the kind of place that authors, musicians, and artists call home. Chapel Hill ranks #10 on Money Magazine Best Places to Live list.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
After that, the article disintegrates into ANTZ talking points.

I never heard anything about an upcoming US Surgeon General report, and I haven't been able to find any other info about it.

Gave me a fright! :D I thought more restrictions were in the works.

Last edited:

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Hey, it's California. :facepalm:

Vaping is banned on all UC campuses, but even professors have been seen vaping in class--nobody gives a rat's behind. :lol: Yet.
Yep, California bans everything. Well, except the "other stuff" that some consider a medicine. You can use that anywhere with wild abandon, including public transport, where you'd be immediately arrested for smoking a cigarette or vaping.

(And yes, I had a gig in West LA where I took public transit to and from the office, and personally witnessed the use of 'other stuff' in public on more than one occasion. In one case, on a Red Line subway train... no joke).

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
Yep, California bans everything. Well, except the "other stuff" that some consider a medicine. You can use that anywhere with wild abandon, including public transport, where you'd be immediately arrested for smoking a cigarette or vaping.

(And yes, I had a gig in West LA where I took public transit to and from the office, and personally witnessed the use of 'other stuff' in public on more than one occasion. In one case, on a Red Line subway train... no joke).

*This thread is known to the state of California to cause cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread