Status
Not open for further replies.

downInTn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Tennessee
When I tried a little Koolada and it killed the orange flavor:unsure: YMMV

Just tested out a batch in a plastic nova and it didn't react at all, which is good news. Bad news is that the .5% koolada I added ruined the recipe lol. Time for another batch.

I guess that confirms it.... ;)

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
IMG_20140509_191733_403~2~2.jpg
Orange Creamsicle

Maurice

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
If you love an Orange Creamsicle this DIY will not disappoint, smooth creamy orange goodness...

Total flavoring 18%

Orange Cream (TFA) 9%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 4%
Vanilla Custard (FW) 3%
Ethyl Maltol 10% diluted (TFA) 2%

Base of your choice (8mg/ml Nic 70PG/30VG typically for my mixes)

This has become one of my must-have juices which gets vaped daily, hope you enjoy :)

Working on a Raspberry-Orange variant, just made a full 30ml after my initial test batch, will post if the results are as promising as the test batch was...

After much steeping I have to say I would feel a bit remiss if I didn't update my thoughts on this flavor formula, ultra creamy with a very light orange note after some prolonged steeping. Not bad in my book but a bit heavy for me to vape all day.

I've considered a 1% addition of saline or distilled water in the mix, thoughts?

Maurice

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I've tried CAP Vanilla Custard v2, CAP NY Cheesecake, and TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust in this recipe.
Didn't go well with the Orange Cream IMO.
Needs Vanillas and Creams to make it lean more towards Ice Cream, instead of Custard.
Maybe even some Vanilla Bean.
I've also found too much EM or Sweeteners to be heavy and cause flavor fade over time.
1% TFA Marshmallow or FA Meringue may be better for adding more body, moisture, and sweetness.
3-4% of your favorite Cinnamon adds a nice touch, and some have the extra sweetness built in, like FW Cinnamon Roll.
Never got to much from using Saline or DW.

Just some thoughts...

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
The orange is very light having been put together 5/5/14 that's 3 months of steep time. In that time the cream aspect has developed hugely, while the orange has taken a back seat, something of an under the radar flavor component.

I do believe the EM10% can go down to 0.5% or be completely removed, I believ an addition of 0.25% sweetener may help realize the frozen orange layer a bit better.

This mix as is has body, on the order of blue whale body, it's difficult for me to judge if moisture is lacking with the nearly overwhelming body that dominates the vaping experience.

I am not experienced enough to know if another orange flavor could be added that would present more strongly without compromising the creamy flavor overall.

I presume that a slight reduction in flavor percentage across the board might result in a less intense body post steep.

Flavor minus the orange is as correct as I can imagine it should be. It certainly reminds me of the creamsicles we would get as kids.

Vanilla plus a small dash of cinnamon makes a flavor very reminiscent of Christmas, not quite what this is looking to achieve.

Maurice

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
The orange is very light having been put together 5/5/14 that's 3 months of steep time. In that time the cream aspect has developed hugely, while the orange has taken a back seat, something of an under the radar flavor component.

I do believe the EM10% can go down to 0.5% or be completely removed, I believ an addition of 0.25% sweetener may help realize the frozen orange layer a bit better.

This mix as is has body, on the order of blue whale body, it's difficult for me to judge if moisture is lacking with the nearly overwhelming body that dominates the vaping experience.

I am not experienced enough to know if another orange flavor could be added that would present more strongly without compromising the creamy flavor overall.

I presume that a slight reduction in flavor percentage across the board might result in a less intense body post steep.

Flavor minus the orange is as correct as I can imagine it should be. It certainly reminds me of the creamsicles we would get as kids.

Vanilla plus a small dash of cinnamon makes a flavor very reminiscent of Christmas, not quite what this is looking to achieve.

Maurice

Hard to tell if you enjoyed it or not ;)

It's still a daily vape for me ( 3mg 50/50 now) after a year and a half, I was looking for a creamier vape when I created this, at the time most vendors (prior to the surge in premium juice companies) take on this was far to heavy on the orange side...

If you enjoy peach you might want to give peachy glee a try, it's buried here somewhere :)

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
You certainly nailed creamy with this one, to that there is do doubt, and the flavor is dead correct with the exception of the orange after a deep steep.

From the outset orange is very much more pronounced, and I believe it transitions through a perfect stage and continues to improve on the cream end but orange falls off.

I'd like to see it settle into that perfect zone where orange is crisp and clear and contrasts with the creamy aspect of this flavor.

Maurice

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
thought I would stop by and thank Uno again for this starting this thread ... I posted earlier that I would like to make an orange cream ... here is what I got :cool:

15ml

Orange Cream (TFA) 8%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 3%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) 2%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2%
Sweet Tangerine (CAP) 3 drops
Mandarin (VZSC) 2 drops
Marshmallow (FA) 3 drops

cheers

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
This has been a good thread ... I am thinking about making a Creamsicle juice, but the only vanilla I have right now is TFA 'Vanilla Bourbon' (no real bourbon taste .. just vanilla)

Also, it seems that the TFA Orange Cream has a lot of cream flavor in it already, so I might not add any extra cream type flavors.

Here is what I am going to try ... You will notice that the total flavoring for the juice is 20%

16 % . . . . TFA . . Orange Cream

. 3 % . . . . TFA . . Vanilla Bourbon

. 1 % . . . . TFA . . Cotton Candy

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I think a bit stronger orange flavor would make this great.I have been planning on trying your recipe,but after trying the orange cream by itself,that was my only complaint is the orange seems very faint in it.I ate an orange creamsickle today,the first one i've had in probably 25 years haha,but that got me really craving a good orange cream juice now.Not sure which orange would work to enhance this though,i have had a few orange flavors the last couple months,and so far haven't found one that comes close.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
... You will notice that the total flavoring for the juice is 20%

16 % . . . . TFA . . Orange Cream

Well, I just made up a total of 10 ml of this completed juice today.

The 16% Orange Cream flavoring made the juice very flavorful, and I believe the 3% Vanilla was needed to smooth it out and add just a nice background note of vanilla.

It turned out very good, but it needs a little more of a cream flavor. I thought since the flavoring I used is called "Orange Cream", I would not need to add any additional "Cream" flavoring, but I was wrong.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any Cream flavoring at the moment, but on my next test batch, I may add some TFA "Bavarian Cream" to the mix next:

This will be by next attempt ... You will notice that the total flavoring for the juice is 22%

14 % . . . . TFA . . Orange Cream

. 4 % . . . . TFA . . Bavarian Cream

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this recipe, I really enjoy the flavor. I speed mix it with a modified blade on my vibrocutter. Basicly took an old blade and ground the teeth off , then ground a hole that I can secure the bottle top in. Turns milky after mixing , but once it settles its a nice peach color.

Thanks again, this is now an ADV for me.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Well, I just made up a total of 10 ml of this completed juice today.

The 16% Orange Cream flavoring made the juice very flavorful, and I believe the 3% Vanilla was needed to smooth it out and add just a nice background note of vanilla.

It turned out very good, but it needs a little more of a cream flavor. I thought since the flavoring I used is called "Orange Cream", I would not need to add any additional "Cream" flavoring, but I was wrong.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any Cream flavoring at the moment, but on my next test batch, I may add some TFA "Bavarian Cream" to the mix next:

This will be by next attempt ... You will notice that the total flavoring for the juice is 22%

14 % . . . . TFA . . Orange Cream

. 4 % . . . . TFA . . Bavarian Cream

The original recipe gets super creamy with steep time, it's straight up off the chain creamy.

Really, trust us on this one, creams need a bit of time to develop, and when they do they are huge flavor components.

The question is, how to get the orange to pop.

Maurice

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
I can double check the % when i get back home but i think it was @ 8% but after about a week or two of steeping it doesn't last more than a few days before it is finished off :) The flavor is not an overpowering orange and not candy like either IMHO. Other oranges I have tried are like a Sunkist soda orange taste; this is not to me. The recipe i used is rather nice after just a couple of days. You can definitely taste the cream and the orange together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread