The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Orange Tang Flavor?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by ToweKnee, Feb 6, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ToweKnee

ToweKnee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Just like the title says! Anyone know of a good flavoring or flavorings that can achieve this one?

2. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    NW OH, US
    I would bet Cap Sweet Tangerine (orange crushish flavor) and maybe some tart and sour would come close...?

3. CCC

CCC Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    Australia
    Gourmet Vapor sells a juice called Tangerine cream - it tastes exactly like Tang. the ingredients are Tangerine 40% + Orange Creme 60%

4. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    SF East Bay
    Ahhh, maybe Capella Tangerine and Capella Orange Creamcicle...sure sounds good! Good catch CCC.

5. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Like I said looking for that orange flavor. Hopefully more will chime in with other flavors. Im not looking to buy a juice from a maker. Im strictly wanting to make this myself.

Suggested so far:

1. Cap Sweet Tangerine (orange crushish flavor)
    2. Capella Orange Creamcicle
    3. FlavourArt's Hypnotic Mist
    4. Natures Flavorings Orange

6. upStomp

upStomp Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2010
    North Central Mass
    Maybe try FlavourArt's Hypnotic Mist. Lots of folks say it tastes like an Orange Tic-Tac.

7. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Thanks added to the list.

8. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    OMG, I'm a child of the NASA early glory years. Tang was the cat's azz when it first hit the market. But it also was the first product that turned me off to 'packet' products. That's not to say that I've not had some decent products... but, Tang wasn't one of 'em. [​IMG]

Therefore, ToweKnee, I'm kinda stunned with your request. But nonetheless, you came to da right place for possibilities! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    Remember those chew-able orange baby aspirin? Madvapes sells Mandarin Orange that tastes just like them, Also reminded me of Tang quite a bit..It's under flavor extracts.

10. my4jewels

my4jewels Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    One of my favorite flavors, 50% Cap sweet tangerine, Cap orange cream, 25% TPA champagne, ethyl maltol to taste.

11. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Interesting how close would you this is to the Orange Tang ?

Cmon now Iffy the Orange Tang was righteous !! I had that right next to the Ovaltine !

12. my4jewels

my4jewels Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    It 's pretty darn close, but it could use a tiny bit more "tang"iness. Perhaps a bit of tart and sour or malic acid(not enough to make it sour, though), perhaps a few drops of lemon juice. I wasn't specifically going for Tang, just a nice tangy orange vape. I didn't think about Tang, but, when you mentioned it, I realized that it tastes a lot like it.

13. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Natures flavors has a Orange and an orange extract that are so very real its amazing, and a very little goes a long way. I use the extract on top of some other orange flavorings to give it that real orange rhind taste as well as mixing the regular flavoring with some tangerine and other orange flavorings, I've just found that having these Natures Flavorings Orange flavorings made my last batch of Orange DIY Spot on !

14. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    Don't pay attention to me... I couldn't master the Hoola Hoop either! [​IMG]

15. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    I have some tart and sour on the way actually to use on the rest of the my other fruity flavors.

Iffy its ok I couldnt either but I had a Green Machine so it didnt matter!

16. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    I managed to master the pogo stick. I jumped 1100 times, but I had to go back to class..lol

17. Mylt1

Mylt1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Virginia
    if you find a mix that works let us know what and how much you used. i love tang and as a matter of fact i am sitting here on ECF, watching "person of interest" and sipping on a tall glass of tang right this second. i go through a pitcher of tang every day or so. LOL.

18. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    I absolutely will let you all know. Im going to do a little bit of research and discuss this with some fellow mad scientists. I have yet to try any orange type flavoring. I have over 30 different flavorings and i still feel I am lacking.

19. Mylt1

Mylt1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Virginia
    dont feel bad, i have mixed up a couple of different flavors. one being a mint chocolate chip, it smells just like mint CC ice cream but taste like a soda(with a mint aftertaste). LOL. not sure how that happened.

20. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    Tart and sour really makes fruit recipes stand out . A little add sweet and a lot add sour .SInce your going from tang you may want to use a lot . A lot as in like 4-5drops per 5-10ml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.