Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I was delighted to find this recent vendor entry into the Organic juice arena.

Orb Vapor specializes in Organic All Natural e-liquid. In their mission statement it says they wanted to make the cleanest, most natural delicious e-liquid, and based on what I received, that is what I got :)

Mine came in glass bottles. I knew when I saw them that it was going to be up my alley, because I'm familiar with the clarity and color I like to see in clean organic e-liquid. I took the tops off and smelled, and there was absolutely no alcohol or chemical smell to these. They smelled ......... so fresh. Of course, I wanted to vape them right away, but decided to let them steep for at least a full week. I took the tops off overnight, then closed them up and put them away in my ejuice cupboard.

I took them out yesterday and smelled them again, and they actually smelled even better...and more like what the names said they were. I vaped these straight off a 1.5ohm LR atomizer in a bottom feeder:

Organic Butter Rum
100%VG 16mg X-Flav
Color: transparent, almost nectar-like pale orange; nice consistency, not gloppy
Smell: like Butterscotch
Vapor: clouds, as you would expect from VG

Since it smells like butterscotch I was thinking it might be too sweet but it wasn't at all. It tastes more like a real butterscotch you would make at home, w/the rum flavor coming up from behind for depth. The flavor balance is just perfect for me on the inhale, and more buttery on the exhale.

Why did this suprise me? Because I love sucking on Butterscotch candy, yet every single ejuice I've purchased (4 to be exact) has been cloyingly sweet, or thick-tasting, or too salty, or burnt-tasting----so I assumed anything with the word "butter" in it would be off the table for me. In this juice, I think just the right amount of rum killed those tendencies in this vape. If you like your butterscotch really "milky" then this isn't for you...(your flavor would be caramel, not butterscotch), so it was perfect for me, and I may have found one of my all day vapes w/ this Orb Vapor Butter Rum. :banana:

Organic Marshmallow Cake Batter
100%VG 16mg X-Flav
Color: transparent, a little more pale yellow in the peach color than the butter rum juice; not gloppy
Smell: fresh baked goods

I suspect this will become a huge hit. It's delicious, but I haven't figured it out yet. I did have to shake it up again as it looked a tad lighter at the bottom but that could have been my lighting. Vendor can look at this to see if it was just me.
I got different smells from this every time, first thought was "something fresh baked out of the oven." Then I got more depth than cake, like "muffins". The third time I got brown sugar & cake. Then I got "bundt crumb cake." It's all of those and admittedly, perhaps another week or 2 of steeping will bring it together for me.

This does not taste like any kind of pillsbury boxed cake batter. (I am not one who likes that false cupcakey whippy overly sweet taste that some people say is cake....to me, that is Walmart cake. :)) This tastes like a cake your grandmother would have made from scratch. It has a lot of body and depth. On inhale the cake grabbed my tongue, and perhaps brown sugar and marshmallow on the exhale.

I think there are a lot of layers of flavors in here, maybe even the slightest dash of cinnamon. All I can say is that it's rich and good. (If you want cloyingly sweet instead of rich, then don't buy this one.)

Orange Cream
100%VG 16mg X-Flav
Color: tranparent light tangerine color
Smell: oranges--no alcohol, chemical, or soapy smell

I have never found an orange creamsicle juice I liked, because the orange never tastes fresh or is just too tangy or tart...or worse, tastes "soapy". This one: Delicate navel orange----orange on the inhale, more creamy ice cream on the exhale. This one is creamier and less tart than some I've had, but refreshing and light, and very wet/moist. And just sweet enough so you know that you are vaping a dessert and not eating candy. :) What I appreciated is that I'm not tasting orange rind, which can be a little over-powering to my taste buds. Lovely mellow vape.

For those of you who vape PG, you can go from 30% all the way up to 70%, and I imagine this would change the flavor notes quite a bit. There's a lot of customization available with this vendor.

It might help to know a little about the reviewer's taste buds: I'm used to vaping 100% organic e-liquid, and I like the mellowness of the vape it affords. I do not like to have my taste buds assaulted, because I don't need to be knocked across the head to tell me what I am tasting. I mostly eat organic fresh food, and a lot of raw foods, and don't dump cheese n' gobs of salt on my it, so I'm used to letting the true flavor of foods "speak to me."

If this speaks to you, then I highly suggest giving Orb Vapor Organic E-juices a whirl. This is artisan juice, so depending on your choices and what you add, the price changes. There are 22 100%VG organic flavors, 23 if you count the customized creation option, where you can create your own out of 2 already offered flavors. I had no worries about 100% VG, as this juice was not thick or gloppy.

There are approx. 34+ flavors with PG added, so plenty for everyone.

There is also a sample pack --- 5ml clear glass vials, 50/50, 12mg with X-Flav.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Sweet review. You totally sold me on Butterrum. I'm going to be reviewing Vanilla Orange Cream in the near future, which is Orange Cream's cousin.

While I understand that Orb Vapor is relatively new, I wish the company would get more ECF love. I've been very happy with the company's e-liquids, packaging, and service. In my experience, only Ahlusion does a better job.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Coincidence. I am looking for my non WTA and not over priced go to AND Butter Rum is on my little list of got to trys. Next juice shopping I'll give them a try. Looked good. The option I will choose is 70 pg 30 VG because I do crave throat hit. I'm ok without it if the flavor is really up there but not for a long all day vape thing. How was throat hit? Oh and Good review. Thanks for it

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Very nice well spoken review :) I really enjoyed it. I have to raz u a bit tho, with all the healthy clean food u are eating and the palate u have, how on earth did u ever smoke?

U describing the juices as not in your face, we are different there too. I have to be smacked in the face with flavor to taste it, and even tho they are organic I found that the xx flavor would suit me and I was very happy with the juices I tested.

I will say I have tried a couple other all natural or organic vendors an did not find that to be the case. Orb is the only one I would order from again. The others were good and very clean, just not enough flavor for me, even when I asked for extra

I really wish that Sam or someone from orb would come back online tho. Has anyone talked to them lately?
Maybe I will drop them a line on their site after the holidays
Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Racehorse, after I read your review the other day, I placed an order for 100% VG Chocolate Cake Batter w extra flavor, Choc Covered Strawberry with extra flavor and Custom Blend 80% flavor #1 being Choc Cake with 20% flavor #2 being extra Cocolate LOL. I received it yesterday already! (I rec'd a free sample of 50/50 Butter Rum as well, but not so sure I'll like that one because too much PG gives me issues.) Shipping was free because my order was over $30 (free shipping is nice :) )

I always let juices steep a week (or several weeks) hoping for full flavors to develop, before I decide if I like them. However, I did drip some of each today on my 510 LR atty, using an ego twist at 4.2 The 2 choc cake batter's taste the same at this point. The chocolate covered strawberry does have a touch of strawberry. And, just in case asking for "extra flavor" was a mistake, I mixed some of my nic juice in a separate bottle to dilute the "extra flavor" and tried that too.

I'll report back in a few weeks to give my opinion. (As I mentioned in other threads, it took about a month for my virginvapor and highbrow chocolate cakes to reach their full delicious potential. I had to add a few drops of EM sweetener to both to make them actually taste as sweet as I thought cake should be LOL. Not sure if anyone can be beat 'em. So far the only 2 choc cakes that I've tried and liked LOL. I hope ORB does at least come close though :p )

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Marshmallow Cake Batter is not on the Orb web site. Vanilla Cake Batter is, but not Marshmallow Cake Batter. Is is a custom combination of Marshmallow with Vanilla Cake Batter? From your review, I got the impression that it was a regular offering in the juice line.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have to raz u a bit tho, with all the healthy clean food u are eating and the palate u have, how on earth did u ever smoke?

I understand how that might seem odd.

the answer is: Because I was an addict. By the time I started working on my "big picture health goals", (which is a process), smoking was the last frontier i had to deal with.

I've known plenty of runners, etc. who smoked, of course it made it harder on them. I was one of them. :)

Of course, there are people who don't smoke, and yet are obese, don't exercise, have high cholesterol and diabetes, heart diseasse, etc.

To me, health is the sum of the parts........it all adds up....how you live is what your life is.

I always felt that eating well, and exercizing, and keeping my weight right, and not getting even more toxic-load from food, helped counter-act the damage smoking was doing to me. I'm pretty sure it did. It was more about quality of life for me.....which is why I didn't want to smoke anymore....haven't even had a cold in .....6 years? Perfect cholesterol and BMI and weight.

Now, I've beat smoking too, so it's only up from here.:)

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
You aware right bill, it's not on the site, I do apologize for that, since they sent it to me I assumed it was. But ur right it's not listed, but I am sure Sam would make it for u or u could use the custom juice option.
I did email Orb Vapor and heard back from them that they have just been very busy. He assured me they would come back and update the thread soon, and that there are some new flavors and sales coming up! Good news!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I think this is important, esp. with new vendors, they need feedback from customers ---

I posted a review for the Chocolate Covered Strawberry on a new thread the other day. (Excellent and perfect choc and strawberry combination BTW) Today I went back and edited it lol. Originally, in my review, I had put a link in there to their site, then upon reading another person's review somewhere I saw that some review-ers are PAID and therefore are not necessarily accurate and truthful reviews, which got me upset LOL So I removed the link to their site. Wouldn't want someone to think I put a review up because I was paid to do it.
It's too bad that we can't post an honest review without some people thinking it was a "bought" review, sheesh:glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread