Orchid Clone glass tank replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Hey y'all. Just got my Orchid clone, and I like it quite a bit, BUT!

The plastic tank sucks. I think I can notice a flavor, and (while I haven't put any tank-crackers in it), I don't wanna mess around with potentially cracking a tank.

So I've seen multiple people talking about Kayfun kits that can fit the Orchid, but I haven't really talked to anyone directly. Anyone have experience with this? Which replacement kit will fit, and work nicely? I don't wanna end up buying something that doesn't fit my device, that'd be a huuuge bummer.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have tried both the nano and full sized glass kits on the orchid,and in my opinion neither works good.The full size kit wont fit the v1-v.35 without either cutting the glass down,or modifying the chimney because the height is too tall on the quartz kit,it will fit the v4 though,but will cut the capacity quite a bit.The nano kit will fit the earlier versions,but same thing,it really takes the capacity down.I put the nano quartz kit on my v1,filled it up,and promptly emptied it and took it back off,i used a syringe to measure the capacity,and with the nano kit,i just barely squeezed 1.5ml in it,it would not have taken even 1 more drop,it was that tight with it.The v4 with a full size quartz kit may be ok,probably get around 2ml or so,but i have not tried this so i can't say for sure,but i can guarantee it will cut the capacity quite a bit.I gave up on the glass quest for the orchid for now,i just put a frosted m-tank on my v4 just to make it look like an orchid again,instead of looking like a kayfun.

Also,if you have one of the versions with a fill screw in the bottom,i think the quartz kit will block that hole which means you would have to do a top fill,the same way as on a v1.

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
What about the kayfun bell top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't used that,but isn't it still plastic?Also,it would fit the v4 but to use it on an earlier version you would have to modify the chimney.The v1 through v3.5 all use a short chimney,nano parts will fit with no modification but full size parts won't,the v4 has a longer chimney so the full size kayfun parts fit it fine.

*Edit*I just looked up that bell cap,it may be just the opposite,it may work on v1-v3.5 and not the v4,i didn;t realize it uses a shorter chimney.

Last edited:

KSS89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
Charlestown, RI, USA
yeah after a saga of trying to get the kayfun nano quartz kit to fit, i discovered that it blocks the bottom fill screw and (much less annoyingly) reduces the capacity to laughable levels. have to do a top fill which is even more annoying than with the stock tank because u need to take the top section of the nano tank off AND unscrew the orchid top cap to fill it. which is often lol

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Yep! I think I need one :D

Dang it! I think I do too. :p

Pyrex shouldn't be too far behind, eh?

edit: on second thought, I like the top fill caps on my V4's too much to give it up.
Wake me up when they make one for the V6.

attachment.php

Attachments

• orchid_v6.jpg
    orchid_v6.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 854
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread