Order came YAY sort of......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
So my order that was lost in Chicago showed up today. :D i must say grape is going to become my #1 real quick. sooo tasty.

but kinda sad. also got Nuport(Newport Kings were my main analog) i was really excited, but also skeptical because i saw the thread about how someones smelt and tasted like glue. so i riped open the bag. quickly spotted the Nuport carts and gave them a solid sniff. No glue smell.... YES. quickly threaded one on a fresh battery and the initial taste was spot on :). then in comes a horrible after taste of glue. I am not sure what happened because it doesn't look like too much glue, it dosen't smell like it and the caps don't seem to be pushed in to far like someone else noted here. but wow the after taste was soo bad i had to take it off. :( it was starting to make my stomach turn. now i am REALLY happy i got the grape because it just blows my mind how tasty it is.

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
So my order that was lost in Chicago showed up today. :D i must say grape is going to become my #1 real quick. sooo tasty.

but kinda sad. also got Nuport(Newport Kings were my main analog) i was really excited, but also skeptical because i saw the thread about how someones smelt and tasted like glue. so i riped open the bag. quickly spotted the Nuport carts and gave them a solid sniff. No glue smell.... YES. quickly threaded one on a fresh battery and the initial taste was spot on :). then in comes a horrible after taste of glue. I am not sure what happened because it doesn't look like too much glue, it dosen't smell like it and the caps don't seem to be pushed in to far like someone else noted here. but wow the after taste was soo bad i had to take it off. :( it was starting to make my stomach turn. now i am REALLY happy i got the grape because it just blows my mind how tasty it is.

I felt the same way I got my order of Cools along with Caramel and Grape. I was lookin forward to the Cools (being and ex-menthol smoker I thought I would love them) The initial taste is very good but the aftertaste is very analog, now if thats what you're looking for you would probably love them. I guess I just realized I no longer want that ananlog taste!! But the Grape!!!...it's the bomb!! I stil do love the mint and menthol too!!! sooo many more flavors to try!!!!!!

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina

That's me you are talking about...the Nuports I received are just plain nasty. They are so bad they almost made me sick. I PM'ed Steve and he replied and said he would replace on the next order...but I am going to ask him for something else instead. I suggest you PM him too and refer him to this thread so he knows I am not crazy..lol. I ordered them for my roommate after reading a few reviews about how good they are supposed to be. My roommate is still having a tough time getting off analogs so I thought this would be good. He tried one and looked at me like what the hell? I thought you have got to be kidding and said you have got to be kidding..lol. So I tried it and said ..yup you're right, it's disgusting.

Fortunately he likes Dr.Pepper which I have and grape which I ordered from another vendor. I know Steve's grape is much better and can't wait for him to try it next time he dries out a carto. Grape is one of my favorites too...it's very tasty and I can tell you I have the 20ml liquid and that it's good stuff.

Anyway, sorry you had the same experience but please let Steve know..:)

On more thing...I tried rinsing one of the Nuports and refilling and the tatse was still there. I suggest you throw them in the round file unless Steve wants them back. I still have mine sealed in a zip lock bag...they were stinking up the whole house so I had to seal them.

Last edited:

Fiberweaver

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
IL
I am sorry to have to say that I ordered 2 boxes of Nuports and both smell so bad. I took the rubber things off and put the carts in a plastic bowl and put them outside in the wind to air out. Helped some but I am going to have to put them in something tonight because the smell is still bad. Once I aired them out for a bit tried one and at first it was ok but then I started getting a headache not sure what that is about. I just tried it again and after 2 puffs I got that my head feels sick again feeling. Maybe tomorrow they will smell better.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
I am sorry to have to say that I ordered 2 boxes of Nuports and both smell so bad. I took the rubber things off and put the carts in a plastic bowl and put them outside in the wind to air out. Helped some but I am going to have to put them in something tonight because the smell is still bad. Once I aired them out for a bit tried one and at first it was ok but then I started getting a headache not sure what that is about. I just tried it again and after 2 puffs I got that my head feels sick again feeling. Maybe tomorrow they will smell better.

Yeah...do not vape them! There is definitely something wrong with them. Make sure you let Steve know and refer him to this thread.

Fiberweaver

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
IL
Yeah...do not vape them! There is definitely something wrong with them. Make sure you let Steve know and refer him to this thread.

I emailed customer service last night, because I looked at an order I put in hours before I got the NuPort order yesterda and had added more NuPorts8-o. I saw my order was still processing so I ask if they could give me something else.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
I emailed customer service last night, because I looked at an order I put in hours before I got the NuPort order yesterda and had added more NuPorts8-o. I saw my order was still processing so I ask if they could give me something else.

You are all taken care of Fiberweaver. We have used a few of these carts, and didn't notice an issue. I'm going to ask Steve if he can look into it today (working from home, trying to catch up :))

Fiberweaver

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
IL
You are all taken care of Fiberweaver. We have used a few of these carts, and didn't notice an issue. I'm going to ask Steve if he can look into it today (working from home, trying to catch up :))

Mark, I would be more then happy to send mine back to your. The only thing I have done was soak the rubber caps in alcohol to try to get the smell out of them thinking I can reuse them. So far not... I also am soaking one of the carts, but would be happy to send all back so you can figure this out. I read that people are fine with theirs so I am not sure what is up... Now I will do that at my cost not yours. Geez you guys get carried away sometimes. :) Just let me know were to send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread