Order to Germany, customs and suitable mail service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Hello. I was told asking here or PMing @FasTtech_Selina might be a better way to get an answer as to recent experiences ordering gear to Germany.

I recently ordered a whole kit, with an additional tank and two sets of coils to Germany_ first timer. I did not take the time to consider the shipping/mail options, thinking the automatically selected was the standard, and, being standard, must be fine.

So I selected Hong Kong. Its status is 'Fully shipped -- all shipments are processed'. I do not know if this means the shipment is on the way or the terminology means something else. The tracking is not working yet. It's only been a couple of days, so the shipping is not the issue, as such.

I did read the FAQ on fasttech site and check the German customs' rules online before ordering. In the German version found that anything uner 150Euros is not taxed; in the English version it said anything under 700Euro is not taxed. The rules also stated, everything should have German manuals and receipts. I am not exactly sure if these rules apply both to personal uses 'exporters' and retailers.

After I'd already ordered, someone from the local vape shop said that these are outdated rules; anything over 25euro is taxed and there may even be fines for failure to register or provide details, etc. Also found an online post saying the customs check mail coming from China in particular.

I was wondering about recent experiences with shipping to Germany, if there were problems, customs, and if I should have ordered with a different mail service. I did ask the support on fasttech, but it was over the weekend and the reply said they'll try to provide me more info later. I also posted on a fasttech thread here, hoping to find people that have recently ordered gear from Germany. I am hoping I can find some info here.

Thanks!

FasTtech_Selina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
www.fasttech.com
Hello. I was told asking here or PMing @FasTtech_Selina might be a better way to get an answer as to recent experiences ordering gear to Germany.
I recently ordered a whole kit, with an additional tank and two sets of coils to Germany_ first timer. I did not take the time to consider the shipping/mail options, thinking the automatically selected was the standard, and, being standard, must be fine.
Thanks!
Hello, As you said, the automatically selected was the standard.
The system will match the best logistics method according to the products and addresses you choose.
Please don't worry, and read more about the FAQ.

Reactions: virm

FasTtech_Selina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
www.fasttech.com
Thank you. I'm sure it'll be fine.
I just wanted to know about recent experiences with German customs, to know what to expect. I don't know the local language well, so I always try to be prepared if i might have to deal with legal issues.
Thanks again for checking.
Thank you for your reply, please don't worry and feel free to find me here.

Reactions: virm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread