Ordered my new Reo Grand. Are wickless atomizers commercially available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
If you don't mind rebuildable, I feel the A7 rba from empiremods or myvaporstore with some 32g Kanthal from ebay and DCA cotton embroidery thread from walmart wicks are by far the best non silica setup. 30 bucks total and you are set for years and they work fabulously on the REO. I really do not know on a normal style non rba atty.

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
If you don't mind rebuildable, I feel the A7 RBA from empiremods or myvaporstore with some 32g Kanthal from ebay and DCA cotton embroidery thread from walmart wicks are by far the best non silica setup. 30 bucks total and you are set for years and they work fabulously on the REO. I really do not know on a normal style non rba atty.

How long does one cotton wick last you on average?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Ratman will come back and answer more than likely, but I can say that I use the exact same wick (32gauge Kanthal wire with DCM cotton wick) on an ERA rebuildable on a REO and I can get at least a week out of one wick. They are so easy and so cheap that I sometimes end up changing it out before that. I keep trying to make myself leave it alone so I can actually see how long it would last, but can't seem to keep my hands off of it!! Ha.

EDIT: That wick setup is soooo cheap (probably costs less than a nickel) that I just keep "practicing" making coils.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
How long does one cotton wick last you on average?

Yeah about a week is as long as I have tried one before changing it out to use a new flavor or just because I get it in my head that I think I should do so even when it's working fine as is.

Oh and when I say 'by far the best set up', I am taking price into consideration. The ERA and Chalice perform just as well but costs 65-175 buck. I think the A7 is just as good performance wise for 20 bucks but doesn't look near as nice doing it. At least you can buy an A7 tho right now unlike the other two which are certainly on the exclusive hard to get side. They all rock on bottom feeder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread