Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Oregon Governor Announces Temporary Ban On Flavored Vaping Products

So nobody really cares about Oregon, one reply all day? Mostly kidding, sort of, it's my home state, but how fast we become immune or is it overwhelmed?

There's now a 3 and 6 month ban on over one third of the US west coast. Shops in Oregon are clueless as to if they can liquidate their stock or have to clear their shelves, and this was announced on a Friday so probably no clarification until at least Monday.

Illegal drugs, let's ban vaping! :toast:

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
So nobody really cares about Oregon, one reply all day? Mostly kidding, sort of, it's my home state, but how fast we become immune or is it overwhelmed?

Might just be shock and awe. What can be said. The dominoes are falling all around us.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Discussed in the Deeming thread. Start reading here: Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!
The deeming thread has been unreadably huge for months now imho. The thing seems like one of those 20 year old soap operas to me. You had to start a long time ago and never stop reading or it becomes effectively inaccessible.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Oregon Governor Announces Temporary Ban On Flavored Vaping Products

There's now a 3 and 6 month ban on over one third of the US west coast. Shops in Oregon are clueless as to if they can liquidate their stock or have to clear their shelves, and this was announced on a Friday so probably no clarification until at least Monday.

Illegal drugs, let's ban vaping! :toast:
Just saw your post. I live in MA and hell yeah I care! Our governor just placed a 4 month all encompassing ban. We have 5 shop owners represented by attorney Craig Rourke filing a suit. Go figure, we legalized pot and now MA is considering safe injection sites so a nurse can oversee your injection. Maybe I should ask them if I can come in and have a nurse watch me vape. muckerfothers! I'm ripping mad about all of this. I've written letters and untold numbers of vapers have responded to the calls for action. It's not like we sat back and did nothing. We fought the good fight and we're still going to fight.

Mass. sued over vape ban, attorney calls it a 'death sentence' for vape store owners

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
I'm headed back to work from vacation next week. I live on the other side of the river but work in Portland.
I work with several vapers but sadly I'm the only one that keeps up on the state of current vaping affairs. That's a huge problem, we need all vapers onboard.
It will be interesting to see just how many questions I get and requests for my DIY.
For me, one of the scariest parts of this whole bit is people trying to flavor their own by using the baking aisle in their local grocery store. If that happens we have only begun to see the health issues caused by "vaping flavors".

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The deeming thread has been unreadably huge for months now imho. The thing seems like one of those 20 year old soap operas to me. You had to start a long time ago and never stop reading or it becomes effectively inaccessible.
It's all good. Mystery solved.
It was Colonel Mustard, in the conservatory, with the [lit] candlestick. (board game version of the soap opera mystery)
upload_2019-10-5_13-36-20.jpeg

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
When you think about it, it's kind of what got us here in the first place.... adding stuff that's not supposed to be in there.
If by "here" you mean the illness incidents, yeah. That appears to be largely THC/CBD vape related. But they're not really going after that YET. So it's interesting.

If you mean "flavors", they've been used for a decade without known significant harm, and in cigs too.

So that's why I have kind of other theories that I've expressed in other threads. But in short, it's about handing it all over to BT and going after the cigs. They're just not telling you that (yet). We (open systems vapers) are getting thrown under the bus.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I would say overwhelmed... all I can do is stare with my mouth open at what's happening over the pond.
Aging myself badly here but this keeps going through my head every time a new state does this. Then the fear sets in that Trump will just Trump them all and do it nationwide. I am not worried for me but so many smokers will never have a decent shot at vaping as we know it now.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Oregon Business Owners Nervous Over Mystery Vaping Illness, Possible Product Ban

Gayda said she’s not seeing a big drop in sales because of this illness, but customers are choosing different products.

“I’m seeing a lot of people drop their flavored distillates for a healthier selection.”

She said people are still buying cartridges containing THC — that’s the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis. But they’re favoring products that don’t contain anything else. She calls them “fresh frozen” cartridges.

“So fresh frozen is you hack the plant down right there. You freeze it, and then you steam distill it, or you turn it into a concentrate and it goes right into the cartridge. No additives, just plants,” Gayda said.
Interesting trend (for cannabis) ... probably not affected by flavor ban.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Go figure, we legalized pot and now MA is considering safe injection sites so a nurse can oversee your injection. Maybe I should ask them if I can come in and have a nurse watch me vape. muckerfothers! I'm ripping mad about all of this.

In my view these are both positive actions.
If we expect to receive compassion shouldn't we give compassion too.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I was wondering when Brown would get in on the act. Supposedly this is because of vape-related illness, but the ban is only for noncannabis vapes. Makes no sense.

Actually, it is for ALL VAPOR related flavorings, (cannabis INCLUDED).

Vendors are confused when it might actually start and if they should liquidate inventory or add more.

While Oregon has the OLCC to oversee pot shops, they have nobody to oversee all the possible tobacco outlets and stores. Currently Oregon has no idea how they might enforce the ban.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread