Oregon just announced a 6mo flavor ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
In my view these are both positive actions.
If we expect to receive compassion shouldn't we give compassion too.
Ah, I see where I could have been misread. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound negative on injection sights. I think it's a good idea. It just strikes me unfair to give understanding, support and compassion to one group and snub another, us ex-smokers who also need understanding.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ah, I see where I could have been misread. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound negative on injection sights. I think it's a good idea. It just strikes me unfair to give understanding, support and compassion to one group and snub another, us ex-smokers who also need understanding.
What has always bugged me about these, is they DON’T actually attack the problem, but attack instead those LEAST affiliated with the problem. They HELP those who actually caused it by specifically attacking the group that competes with the group that DID.

And they do it by pretending that ordinances that have been in place for a while now don’t actually exist.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
What has always bugged me about these, is they DON’T actually attack the problem, but attack instead those LEAST affiliated with the problem. They HELP those who actually caused it by specifically attacking the group that competes with the group that DID.

And they do it by pretending that ordinances that have been in place for a while now don’t actually exist.
You're going to have to explain to me what you just said, lol. Spit it out. No need to mince words here.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You're going to have to explain to me what you just said, lol. Spit it out. No need to mince words here.
Didn’t think I did. I’m not an origonian so to me this is one more in a series of state level pieces of legislation.

There are 2 {nic e-cigs} places are sold: convenience stores and specialty B&M stores. The old FDA head removes flavorings from convenience stores nationally OVER A YEAR AGO. He did it because after doing some testing it was clear that B&M stores did a vastly better job with age verification. These new flavoring rules don’t affect the places kids get these things, they actually make them MORE competitive.

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Didn’t think I did. I’m not an origonian so to me this is one more in a series of state level pieces of legislation.

There are 2 places are sold: convenience stores and specialty B&M stores. The old FDA head removes flavorings from convenience stores nationally OVER A YEAR AGO. He did it because after doing some testing it was clear that B&M stores did a vastly better job with age verification. These new flavoring rules don’t affect the places kids get these things, they actually make them MORE competitive.
That's funny, I thought we were talking about injection sites, lol. That explains it.

jimbodaddy74

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Everywhere you want to be
The shop I used to work at for fun and trade credit was already closing down due to retirement. Her timing couldn't have been better. And to top it off, I just bought her remaining inventory for $400. Couple hundred bottles of juice, coils, and a decent selection of mods. I'm set for a bit, and have the capability to help out a few friends in the process.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA

I agree but isn't that what you were doing. :)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I get the overload/burnout/utter frustration at the whole thing. Been a long time since there were one and a half to two pages of active posts in the general discussion forum. When I try to catch up many threads kinda muddle together. :( At the moment I'm just overwhelmed by it all.

A little nerve-wracking about going up to Oregon for my mother's 96th b-day in a couple of weeks and knowing that if anything goes astray with my vaping I likely won't be able to remedy the problem until I get home again. :w00t: Yes, I'll take enough of everything to cover all the bases but it's a very strange new reality and I don't even live there right now. I feel so bad for the unprepared/oblivious, those reverting to cigs thinking they're now safer and kids turning to the new cool fad, cigarettes. :glare:

@muth, don't take this wrong but I find your anger and drive invigorating and I'm pretty sure you can do some serious damage in all the right areas. :thumbs:

Discussed in the Deeming thread. Start reading here: Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Thanks, missed it by a page after it got derailed once again. :lol:/:cry: <---- Take your pick, it's kinda 50/50, still an excellent thread most of the time. And yep, I started at the beginning too, how many years ago was that? :blink:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It just strikes me unfair to give understanding, support and compassion to one group and snub another, us ex-smokers who also need understanding.

We (nicotine users) have become public enemy No.1. I honestly don't understand why.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Almost 3.5... :facepalm:

Holy crap! :w00t: I didn't even look, figured it was one and a half to two years. Seriously. :facepalm:

We (nicotine users) have become public enemy No.1. I honestly don't understand why.

I know, which is really ripe considering all the caffeine addicts in this country. And look how quickly the positive uses for nicotine are tossed under the bus. Seriously, who cares about dementia patients, Tourette suffers, etc? :glare:

I'm going to go cry (and punch) my pillow, pleasant dreams to all of you. It all starts again with tomorrow's news cycle. I fear Calif. will follow suit and most west coast people will be cut off from out of state options due to the mountain passes in winter. This is essentially wholesale slaughter of the residents of those states that have arbitrarily banned the sale of traditional vape supplies because of a greedy black market drug trade. :(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    On the news tonight the BAN goes into effect next week.

Even more alarming than the ban itself, a random sampling of news viewers were polled as to if the ban needed to be put in place.

65% of the viewing audience voted FOR the flavor ban and only 35% voted against it.

Obviously a lot of misinformation out there!!

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2015
    ...It all starts again with tomorrow's news cycle...

Oh well, this is the way it is and we all knew this day was coming. News is business, to make money. They aren't meant to be our educators. Well okay they could be, that's called state run TV, but how badly does anyone really want that? News services publish whatever works to attract viewers, and that means ultimately it's on the viewers who are getting what they are asking for. Sadly, most people just want bullet points, shock and awe stories, and don't want to be bothered with digging any deeper or viewing alternative stories (cognitive bias, we all have that too).

But yes, if there was a really big replacement story tomorrow, like "Broccoli has put 500 teens in the hospital", that might be enough to sway the focus :p

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    The Oil Coast, AL
    "Its only 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!" "Its only another 6 months!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread