Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I believe Open Source Vapors uses Medicine Flower extracts in their juices.

Beat me to it. Medicine Flower is a great co. and I got something coming from them again, but they are $$$. The funny thing about Open Source Vapor's concept of telling the client the recipe is that they are one vendor where it actually is cheaper to buy premade than to try and do it yourself -- at least initially.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Nature's Flavors has some organic and some "natural" but you want to buy from a vape seller. If you buy from their own site it takes some doing to figure out which ones work for vaping. Though generally their "coffee and tea" flavorings are okay.

Absolutely correct. I spoke with NF a few days ago trying to get more info on diketones in their products, but unfortunately all they can tell me is which flavors have been reformulated to not have dicaetyl -- and I could already see that info on their site! But, NF does some things really well, but sifting through all of that while just trying to find vape-able flavors is for the birds, or at the very least, not for me. It's similarly difficult, if not more, with LorAnn's.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Would love to find a list of the "reformulated" NF flavors. Even vendor sites are not detailed.

You can go to the NF site and click on Flavors at the top, then select Flavors Without Diacetyl, and then select Flavors Without Diacetyl for Coffee (it'll take you all the flavors for coffee and tea). The one tricky part is searching for diacetyl-free and sugar-free at the same time. I am not sure if those two can be searched at the same time or filtered that way. Maybe? I haven't figured it out even though it looked like my results were configured that way, they were showing flavors that wouldn't work because they do have sugar (checked their additional info).

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Do you have a preferred vendor that you order from?

For NF? I will sometimes order from ECX, but when it comes to NF I still feel obligated to do my own product search since it can get wonky (sugar-free/diacetyl-free/water soluble) and I would rather do it myself. However, to answer your question more straight-up, I guess it would be ECX for NF.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It seems all the flavors under the diacetyl free category contain sugar. Sigh. It's been so long since I've looked at these flavors I'd forgotten how complicated it is to be informed. Perhaps I was hoping the vendor or manufacturer information to be more forthcoming in the past year.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
What you can do is go to ECX and find a flavor, and then hop over to NF. I just did that with their Organic Cake Batter flavor. I saw it on ECX (I actually have this liquid from ECX) and I searched for it on NF's site. They have two, one with and one without diacetyl. The one without DA shows that it is sugar-free, but the one with it doesn't really say (AFAIK). But on ECX I am not sure which of these flavors they sell (or which one I have) since it only says Organic Cake Batter.

Yeah, that's a lot of fishing to just sample a minnow.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
High desert vapes sell NF and list the ingredients in each flavoring.

Though they don't carry as many of the flavors as ECX does. I do have to admit that I'm borderline on the diketones issue. I have two main flavors that I vape 80-90% of the time, and they are diketone free. But for the flavors that I only use small amounts of I don't worry much, since I'm not getting much of a dose.

An example would be a liquid I made based on Flavour Art's Pannettone. I know that this is one of the "bad" flavors, but I used 3% in the recipe, and while I like it, I haven't emptied a 3ml tank of it in the week I've been vaping it. Now if I were suddenly change my main flavor preferences to ones where the flavorings are likely contain them, then I would do a lot more research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread