Organic Vegan Nicotine e cig Cigarette Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
I read propylene glycol is bad, and I have to hope manufacturers give me an honest answers if it's vegan and/or animal tested fot the base + flavor.
These links say PG can be animal-derived. I'm set on VG which is vegan though.
A list of E Number food Additives not suitable for vegetarians
Vegan Cigarette | Veganomaly

The following juice links are vegan but expensive, so hopefully I can email manufacturers for honest answeres and find cheaper vegan juice, or maybe someone can help me out.

Frequently Asked Questions | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
FAQs Johnson Creek Smoke Juice
Velvet Vapors - Bases just says the base is vegan, waiting on email flavoring and other addatives.

So in short, I'm looking for cheap vegan e juice, hopefully organic also. thanks

vegan or not, I think we all should push for vegan vaping, smoking animal products should seem discusting and rediculous to anyone. Just learned about animal products in analogs. they'll sneak in anything to profit even if the same affect can be done with non-animal products but costs fractions of a penny more, but multiplied millions of times, like how airlines save millions in fuel by serving 1/2oz smaller coffees and removing 1 page from free reading materials.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
As with all other products outside this market, you will pay more for things marked vegan or organic. There is no getting around that. You can consider making your own juice sometime down the road there is a DIY forum here on the site and stick to VG based nic solution and as far as flavorings you will be limited to a few brands if you want zero percent pg as many flavors have pg in them. At least if you end up making your own you will know what is going in there. Vaping is much healthier than smoking to begin without all the many toxins. As far as the PG its in MANY products we commonly use on our bodies as I am sure you are aware.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
thanks. Guess I have to make my own eventually. Still hoping for links with juice cheaper than what I linked to keep it simple for now.

'Vegan products outside this market' are actually the same price/cheaper than non-vegan, unless one wants like vegan burgers vs beef burgers, etc pre-made cooked stuff like that. Yeah, organinc's always significantly more, in a regular USA store at least. Hopefully organic will take over and competition brings price down.

just because PG's in products doesn't make it safe, lets not debate that though, since I'm sacraficing the PG prefered smoothness etc for vegan VG regardless.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
the other thing to bear in mind with pure VG juice...

almost no throat hit, and its very thick. and makes the insides of your cartomizers, clearomizers , tanks etc..sticky. So the cleaning process is a bit tougher and lifespan shorter.
But if you feel better about choosing VG then that's your call. This is a free country and you are allowed to make choices for yourself, well until they take that away too.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Good luck on finding vegan juices for cheap especially since they arent anywhere near mainstream. Nothing wrong with that but things outside of that like whole tobacco additives and organic juices tend to have a premium price.

I vape mostly VG because I think its healthier not because Im worried about any animal products it might contain. I am a carnivore after all and without that extra protein we wouldnt have developed larger brains in the first place :)

igloo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
PG is man mad its not from animals we are not vaping animal parts. I understand being vegan it has no place in vaping IMHO tead the links below:

ADM: Propylene Glycol - Manufacturing Facility

dont know what the hype is about here I hope this helps:

ADM’s first propylene glycol plant is designed to manufacture Industrial Grade and USP Specifications Grade propylene glycol from renewable sources. The plant’s capacity is 100,000 metric tons.

ADM’s renewable propylene glycol is derived from soybeans or canola. The company processes soybean or canola seeds through a crushing, dehulling, conditioning, flaking and extraction operation into a crude vegetable oil. This vegetable oil is further processed into refined oil. The refined oil is then transformed through a transesterfication process into crude biodiesel and crude glycerin. The crude glycerin is further processed through several evaporation and distillation steps into a refined, kosher, USP-specification-grade glycerin. This glycerin is either sold into the market or processed into propylene glycol. The propylene glycol is further distilled into an industrial-grade or a USP-specification-grade propylene glycol.

In addition to manufacturing propylene glycol from glycerin, ADM has the capability to manufacture propylene glycol from sorbitol, a corn-derived sugar alcohol.

PG-Process.gif

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
You are going to get what you pay for. I love Virgin Vapors so much I probably come across as a paid endorser here on the boards. Annette (the owner of the company) is a person I trust and I'm sure she and her CS rep Kitty would be more than happy to help you choose an e-liquid to suit your needs. I'm pretty sure all of her liquids are Vegan but don't quote me on that.

Again, you get what you pay for... VV's liquids are a steal for their purity, consistent quality, and the stellar customer service that comes along with it. If you don't like the price tag on organic tomatoes at the farmer's market, you grow your own... ;) Overall, it will probably end up being cheaper in the long run to buy from a trusted organic/vegan vendor than to shell out money on your own organic flavorings and go through all of the trials it would take to come up with your own tried and true recipes.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I'm not vegan but I do need to use 100% VG juices as I cannot even tolerate the small amount of PG in the flavor used by some vendors.
You do have to be cautious because some vendors will offer what they call 100% VG but use PG based flavorings.

I use some of Virgin Vapors juices, but I've also found and use these vendors:
Heather's Heavenly Vapes has a Purity Line that is 100% VG and is much more reasonably priced.
Alien Visions has a line that is 100% VG and fairly reasonably priced.

One that I have not used is ECBlends who have recently started an Organic 100% VG line of juices. They are pretty inexpensive.

Other than that, I DIY my own juices using the Super Concentrated alcohol based flavorings from VapingZone. They also sell a 100% VG line of pre-made juices.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
great info thanks all.
RE 'protein gave us bigger brains' I can theorize why we use such a small % of it: maybe not eating meat would make us use more of it, maybe not eating all that meat proten for a bigger brain (suposidly) that we use almost none of could have been replaced with a smaller yet smarter brain which would have evolveded us way more advanced as a race than we are now. Elephants have bigger brains than us. There are a lot of smart vegans, doctors, dominating celebs, business people, etc. I can eat plenty of vegan protein or over-do it will vegan powder, there are some big strong muscular vegans out there that bulk up without roids instead of most that do endurance sport and want to be slim. Rhinos, Triceratops, gorillas, bulls etc are big and strong, just without the teeth or claws that usually makes them lose fights to things like lions that makes them look insuperior in the wild. I'd bet we'll eventaully synthesize something much stronger than protein like safe steroids that makes eating meat pointless, unless you actually like the taste of plain unseasoned meat, in which case we'll also likely synthesize something as complex in texture as meat too without anything in it that might be bad. I'm only about 7 months into vegan, so I can't argue too well, but from what I gather, there's no concrete proof towards either side yet.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I'd bet we'll eventaully synthesize something much stronger than protein like safe steroids that makes eating meat pointless, unless you actually like the taste of plain unseasoned meat, in which case we'll also likely synthesize something as complex in texture as meat too without anything in it that might be bad. I'm only about 7 months into vegan, so I can't argue too well, but from what I gather, there's no concrete proof towards either side yet.

I am going to stay out of the argument over which is better for you, but I do want to comment on what you said here.

Many of us do like the taste of meat so it is not pointless for us, and as someone who is trying to go natural you should understand and agree with anything that is synthesized is not natural.

Even plants that have been genetically engineered they have found issues with such as not being able to reproduce or make usable seeds from themselves. Because of the genetically engineered vegetables, handling and canning methods have had to be changed as they have proved to be unstable with some of the older methods of food storage.

So while I think it is great you are trying to do what you feel is best for you, what is best for you is not what is best for everyone else.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
PG is used in edible Orajel baby toothpaste... It's really not as bad or dangerous as some websites want you to believe.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2. Only took 10 minutes to type the post.

It's also used in asthma inhalers, and it's been tested pretty thoroughly for about 50 years. I'm not too worried about it, but I have been thinking of trying organic juices to get away from synthetic food flavoring which I do worry a little about.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
natural vs artificial/synthesized doesn't mean natural's always safer. I'm not saying GMO/engineered foods are good, they usually aren't, are are usually made to produce bigger foods (more bang for buck) with no seeds (easier to eat, but removes important fat, antioxidants, omegas, etc, but sellers know most don't know that and prefer a sweeter-eaier-to-eat product) and sweeter (easier to sell, but without the fat from seeds absorbs too quickly into the blood stream and if not burned off can lead to problems, like drinking soda and even juice), not to mention the problems GMO can pass to the eater.
Again though, what I gather is there's no concrete proof for either side of the spectrum to say one's better for everyone/anyone.

A bell sometimes goes off when it's pointed out that some might not even like the taste of unflavored meat, or that things like lobster/crab (without butter [salt and fat that can be mimicked veganly]) aren't so apetizing if they were thought of as ocean spiders/bugs and not high class foods (plus they're getting harder and harder to catch and becoming more of a luxury). All I know is I used to 'love' lobster and crab and some chicken dishes but with the right ingerdients, vegan meals still hit the spot if not better- take that as inspiration, not a put down, anyone, who ever might have struggled to eat more vegan food.

anyway thanks again for the juice suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread