Organic vg juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
@PeterKay Somewhere on this site there is an old archived/closed thread that has a pretty good discussion going about dw/pg viscosity and the ratio's/% needed to equal each other.
I cant find it.
There was a spread sheet linked in one thread that was quite detailed and calculated the amound of DW needed to equal what ever PG ratio you were trying to emulate.
I cant find that either.
I did find this by user @mhertz
"A general rule of thumb, is that water equals 4 times as much thinning as pg, meaning e.g. 15% water is thereabouts a 60/40 pg/vg viscosity mix...

The only thing too much water will bring is: lower density vaper, hotter vaper, more crackling and chance of flooding more. Also it changes the flavor if using such, so you need to be experimenting some..."
Not sure how accurate that is but some of the negative points raised are correct.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Okay, this mightve been one of the threads.
Combined Viscosity of PG/VG Mixes

All the good information on EFC is in archived threads from about 5yrs ago plus. The search function on EFC isnt really up to the task so you have to use google and type in your query and it should come up, after a few trys

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
With an RTA like a berserker V1.5 and similar I can use 5%.
I've used 70VG in berserker mini RTA (first version). The coil is just below 0.7ohm (0.67 or something, it changes slightly as I use the tank) though, most folks I've spoken to use 1.0 or higher. It vaped ok if I wasn't taking hits too often. But I chain vape like crazy so I was starting to get dry hits. Went back to 50/50. I'll try adding 5% DW to 70/30 and see how it performs.

I just mixed some coffe cake, 60VG, 5%DW and 16mg nic. I'll try it with the more stubborn MTL coils to see how it goes :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not sure I would go above 10% total DW the vape gets anemic. I used DW and was pretty happy with it since no more than 10% PG (gives me pins and needles sensations) then I was pointed to PEG00 and it was all downhill (in a good way) from there.

Do your research on it, I mean I did even after the suggestion I did a good search. Been using it a while and no complaints at all.
Anna

Reactions: PeterKay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread