Orig Cool vs New Cool Prem Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
I hate to say it addy, but i would tread lightly on this one. I got one pack of the premium carts and unless they were marked incorrectly, they taste nothing like the original Cool.
I am hesitant to try again. I was waiting for someone else to post the taste difference to confirm my results.
I'm really sad because Cool was my all day vape, along with smilin':(

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
I have another opinion (I have lots)....

I am not sure that all the differences we are seeing between new/old, regular/premium can be accounted for with premiumizing (is that a word?).

I think there have been some labelling mishaps. For example...my 30ml Kant was red. Yet, when rocks showed pics from the mothership...the Kant there looked more golden in color (lighting?). I hope to get into the 30ml arena soon...as I am spending much more money on 5ml bottles and sooner or later....they will run out of "old" stuff.

Tenebrae

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Bay Area California
The Smilin menthol is good in 30ml, but I have not tried any of the other menthol flavors in the premium batchs.

I don't think they can bring the old ones back. They have a new flavor artist at the juice manufacturer and that was the cause of the cinnamon roll horror. Unless they can lure the old worker back or get someone in there with similar taste buds I think most of our 5ml flavors are gone forever :(

Defiantgroundhog

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Cameron
The Smilin menthol is good in 30ml, but I have not tried any of the other menthol flavors in the premium batchs.

I don't think they can bring the old ones back. They have a new flavor artist at the juice manufacturer and that was the cause of the cinnamon roll horror. Unless they can lure the old worker back or get someone in there with similar taste buds I think most of our 5ml flavors are gone forever :(

Yeah I know it's probably gone forever... :( One can dream though.
A lot of people have said the smilin is the same so I gave it a go. I personally think it's different. It tastes like there's some tobacco flav in it now. I'm guessing there really isn't that's just what it tastes like to me.
I've only had a couple 30mls and the coffee sampler prem. pack and they just weren't the same. It's sad to me because I really came to love my 5mls. I'm sure the new people will love the 30mls as much as I loved the 5mls. I think a lot of it is what you start with and I started my smoke free journey with the reg juice.
May it rest in peace. :nun:

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
I hope this 30ml issue gets more attention soon. Just did a quick search (not a complete one) and found threads questioning the formula of these flavors in premium 30ml bottles:

Kant
Milk Chocolate
Caramel Mocha Frappuccino
cinnamon sour apple
RY4
Kamel

Add to that now.....Cool and Smilin mentioned in this thread...

Several of those cases were so different that people (like myself) questioned the label and not just the formula. I hate to say this, but I don't buy 30ml anymore....and will be in a bind when they run out of 5ml bottles. I only have a couple flavors that I like enough to re-juice the cartos....and both seem compromised now. :(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Alright, I really tried to stay out of this conversation, but I can't stay silent anymore. I ordered one 30 mL bottle of Smiling and it's not the same. It's thicker, sweeter, oilier, somehow harsher. I can't really describe it, but the light and cool and clean SMILIN I so loved is not there.

I also ordered a 5 mL bottle of Pear juice, but received an upgrade to 30 mL of the new stuff (thanks, guys). Same thing. It wasn't mislabeled, it tastes like pear, but again a much heavier and sweeter version of the classic.

They are full of flavor and produce vapor, but it's not the flavor I was expecting and they both leave some kind of unpleasant residue in my mouth.

I am very worried that the old recipes are now lost and gone. It took me good two weeks to finally post my thoughts; what I'm describing is not an impulsive first impression. I tried to give it some time and try to get used to the new and improved versions. Alas, the more I vape them, the less I like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread