Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I got this little (and I do mean LITTLE) dripper (BF Atty) from Focalecig, and its LOTS cheaper than the original.

focalecig.com - Origen Little 16mm Style Bottom Feeder Atomizer 316SS by ShenRay - Silver

Wow was I surprised by the flavor of this little thing. I also thought it would be hard to build because of the small size, but with the post design, each post has 4 holes that are cross drilled (creates an X) and this allows you to place your wire leads in a cross formation that clamps down great, and it also did not clip the wires like some atty's do when you use smaller gauge wire like I do. From the size of the deck, I would stick to 2.5mm or less coils. I built it at 2.5mm with 30 gauge SS 316L, 10 wraps per coil, it came out to .83 ohms. You can also build it with a single coil. With the size, I wouldn't go to low on the ohms or you might have a heat problem.

There are different airflow options to adjust it for DL or MTL inhale, and it locks where you set it. Some might call it a restricted DL, but it works good for me. On the smallest hole, it is like sucking through a coffee straw, so it does get really tight if you want it that way. The AFC can really make almost anyone happy no matter what style of vaping you enjoy. The drip tip is nice as it functions as an adapter to use your own drip tips, which I like because it gives me a cooler vape.

The machining on this clone was really good, buttery smooth threads on the AFC adjustment. I didn't wash it first, and I really should have, it did have a little of machine oil taste for a while, so make sure you wash it before you use it, I should have known better. :facepalm:

This beauty ring (to me) is a must have for a smooth look.
focalecig.com - Beauty Ring for Origen 16mm Bottom Feeding RDA by ShenRay - Silver

I put it on my COV Wraith, and without the beauty ring it just does not look right, but with the beauty ring, it looks to be made for the Wraith.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a BF atty, you will not be disappointed with the Origen Little, and it's a great price. For a dripper, because of the size, you will be dripping really often which would be a pain to me, I'll just stick to my TOBH's (or others :)) for my non squonk mods.

Here is a picture of it on my Wraith. :D

Origen.Wraith.jpg

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've got one from Focal. Excellent quality, everything fits perfect and the threads are smooth. My only quibble is the thing that make it so unique, the size. It looks odd on even my smaller devices and because of the reduced diameter I have to sqonk more often. Excellent flavor though, I'll be using it to test my diy mixes.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I got this little (and I do mean LITTLE) dripper (BF Atty) from Focalecig, and its LOTS cheaper than the original, and from what I can tell is a 1:1 clone even though the link says "Style".

focalecig.com - Origen Little 16mm Style Bottom Feeder Atomizer 316SS by ShenRay - Silver

Wow was I surprised by the flavor of this little thing. I also thought it would be hard to build because of the small size, but with the post design, each post has 4 holes that are cross drilled (creates an X) and this allows you to place your wire leads in a cross formation that clamps down great, and it also did not clip the wires like some atty's do when you use smaller gauge wire like I do. From the size of the deck, I would stick to 2.5mm or less coils. I built it at 2.5mm with 30 gauge SS 316L, 10 wraps per coil, it came out to .83 ohms. You can also build it with a single coil. With the size, I wouldn't go to low on the ohms or you might have a heat problem.

There are different airflow options to adjust it for DL or MTL inhale, and it locks where you set it. Some might call it a restricted DL, but it works good for me. On the smallest hole, it is like sucking through a coffee straw, so it does get really tight if you want it that way. The AFC can really make almost anyone happy no matter what style of vaping you enjoy. The drip tip is nice as it functions as an adapter to use your own drip tips, which I like because it gives me a cooler vape.

The machining on this clone was really good, buttery smooth threads on the AFC adjustment. I didn't wash it first, and I really should have, it did have a little of machine oil taste for a while, so make sure you wash it before you use it, I should have known better. :facepalm:

This beauty ring (to me) is a must have for a smooth look.
focalecig.com - Beauty Ring for Origen 16mm Bottom Feeding RDA by ShenRay - Silver

I put it on my COV Wraith, and without the beauty ring it just does not look right, but with the beauty ring, it looks to be made for the Wraith.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a BF atty, you will not be disappointed with the Origen Little, and it's a great price. For a dripper, because of the size, you will be dripping really often which would be a pain to me, I'll just stick to my TOBH's (or others :)) for my non squonk mods.

Here is a picture of it on my Wraith. :D

View attachment 612031

Did you see this one with the small tank above it?
What do you think of it?

focalecig.com - Origen Little Tank 16mm Style Bottom Feeder 316SS Atomizer by ShenRay - Silver

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I ordered one too
Something seems wrong at focal
no more paypal or coupon codes and prices went up :(
Yea I seen that, sucks because I like using PayPal. They had some problem with them, lets hope they get it fixed at some point.

Did you see this one with the small tank above it?
What do you think of it?

focalecig.com - Origen Little Tank 16mm Style Bottom Feeder 316SS Atomizer by ShenRay - Silver
It would be an option for someone without a squonk mod. Strange they use the same deck that could be built dual coil, but design the tank and airflow for a single coil setup. I have not run mine in single coil yet, but it still should have good flavor. I may get one of these on my next order to try as I do have quite a few non-squonk mods. :D

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I've got one from Focal. Excellent quality, everything fits perfect and the threads are smooth. My only quibble is the thing that make it so unique, the size. It looks odd on even my smaller devices and because of the reduced diameter I have to sqonk more often. Excellent flavor though, I'll be using it to test my diy mixes.
That's where the beauty ring really makes it look nice. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I was going to order one of these, but backed out. First of all, when I s/u my acct., a discount code appeared for $3.00, but during the order process I didn't see any place to enter it, and it didn't show up automatically at check out. Secondly, no PP option is a deal breaker for me. I have never sent my CC number to China and I am quite hesitant to do so now. Some things ya gotta pass up.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I was going to order one of these, but backed out. First of all, when I s/u my acct., a discount code appeared for $3.00, but during the order process I didn't see any place to enter it, and it didn't show up automatically at check out. Secondly, no PP option is a deal breaker for me. I have never sent my CC number to China and I am quite hesitant to do so now. Some things ya gotta pass up.
I prefer to use PayPal myself, I feel more security, and if there is a problem, PayPal resolves it most of the time. On the front page of there site, it says "Secure Payments by PayPal", Hmmmm. I think I'll email them and see what is going on. Will let you know what they say.

Reactions: oplholik

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Reactions: oplholik

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
For the heck of it, I also sent an email, and recieved this in an auto reply.

"PayPal payment for the whole website will be backed to normal on this week. We are now only accept payment from credit card.
(Available Time on 9AM - 6PM, Mon.to Fri.)"
I didn't get an auto reply, but I emailed direct to Doris. Good to hear it will be back up this week. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I didn't get an auto reply, but I emailed direct to Doris. Good to hear it will be back up this week. :)

Good, maybe she will have a little more to add as to when next week, so we won't have to keep checking the web site to see if it is up yet.

Reactions: Burnie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread