Origen V2 Mkii 510 connection to a Mech Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Hi folks,

Hope someone here can help with this one:-

The 510 on my origen is virtually flush fitting. Its not safe to use in a mech mod, and i want to be able to bring it out a bit, only maybe 1mm that should be plenty..

The question is how? The center post on the Origen is one piece and I don't think you can wind it out? It has to be tight..

I need advice folks!!

Thanks,
Taff

Last edited:

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
What mechanical mod are you using?

If you are using a mod with a 510 connection, with a center pin (King, Chi-You)--then the Origen would work just fine.

If you are using a mod such as the Simpl--direct connection between the battery and the atomizer, then you would possibly be in danger of creating a hard short of the battery.

Search threads pertaining to 'faux hybrid' connections.

Hope this helps

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Thanks for that..will have a look for that...
I have a Calvert type mod that has a disc that screws onto the atomiser and that goes into the mod, and also a SMPL mod.
The problem is that the connection does not protrude, or at the most a tiny bit, and i need to find a way to get the center pin on the 510 connection on the rta to extend out a little, and have no idea how to do so. I am wondering if they sell something that could go under or around underneath the 510 to enable it to protrude a little more. I may actually try a small o'ring under it and see how that looks.. Its a bugger that i have a super twin coil build in there at the moment that would have to take out to remove the center pin.. Rats!

Reactions: GrowthCurve

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
image.jpg
image.jpg
Use your regulated devices, until you can acquire a mech mod with a center pin.

The Calvert looks like a direct-to-battery as well.

This is my King clone. 510 connection with a center pin, and insulator. On this mod, it does not matter if the atomizer 510 is flush or not.

Fasttech has King and Chi-You clones for cheap. Easy to keep clean and maintained.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Both my mods are direct connections.

Just tried it on my Calvert 18350 that has a switch that magnetically attaches and so is instantly removeable. in case of shorts....with a just about flat battery, just to see if it would fire, and after a little fiddling it did...The 510 sticks out just enough to make a contact.. although it is close. Will look at getting one of those adjustable 510 connectors like this one...
$2.51 510 Heat Dissipation Heat Sink for Atomizers - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
and just use my rx200 until i get it. Hopefully that should sort it out. Didnt think of getting an adjustable connector for it.

mainly use my mech mods for out and about, as the rx200 is far too heavy to carry round.
many thanks for that GrowthCurve, the help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread