Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The original Uwell Crown Clearomizer has been around since around 2015. It continues to be popular and widely available around the world to this day.

You'll see me frequently recommending the original Uwell Crown clearomizer tank on ECF. It's a remarkably simple and versatile clearomizer for just about any style vaper. Although technically it is a sub-ohm tank, the original Crown also offers 1.2 ohm coils for those who do not sub-ohm. Coils available are:
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit (temp control)
  • Replacement Coils - Pack of 4
My vaping sweet spot is 30 - 35 watts. I've used all four coil offerings, and my favorite is the 0.5 ohm coils for obvious reasons. I get nearly 4 weeks use. About once a week I take a QTip and clean down the drip tip and coil area as deep as I can go. I also thoroughly prime and break in my new coils as shown in the below video.

The ratcheted air control ring can be adjusted for a more restrictive MTL inhale style to a wide open DTL style. It uses a top fill screw on/screw off top cap. If you don't care for metal or wide bore mouthpieces, the default tip can be replaced with any 510 drip tip.

The standard size (4 ml capacity) Crown is available in stainless steel silver, black, or rose gold. The Mini size (2 ml capacity) Crown is available in the same colors, and uses the same replacement coils as its bigger brother. Both are 22 mm in diameter.

Uwell-Crown-Edit-1-696x464.png

Uwell-Crown-Edit-4.png

Uwell-Crown-Edit-5.png

Uwell-Crown-Edit-6.png

Uwell-Crown-Edit-7.png

67-3001-000_6.jpg
Mini Crown

<--- please watch

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Wait, have you used this tank long enough to give a proper review?? :)
I assume you're being sarcastic. ;)

I got my first Crown in summer of 2015. Since then, I've gotten two more standard size and two Mini's. Never had any leaking issues with any of them; never have had to replace an o-ring. One of the standard tank's air ring is no longer "ratcheted", but it still works, it's just loose.

I use multiple tanks because I use different flavors in each one.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have you tried the Crown 2 or 3? Opinions on those?
Honestly, I have not. From You Tube reviews, the Crown 2 sucked. I saw mixed reviews on the Crown 3; I do note that the Crown 3 coils require a higher wattage range than the original Crown coils do. I'm not a high wattage vaper. Same goes for the Uwell Valarian coils.

Crown 3 Coils:
● 0.25ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 80-90W
● 0.5 ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 70-80W

Valarian Coils:
  • 0.15 ohm Coil
    • A1 Kanthal Quad Coil
    • 95 to 120W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread