O'RING FREEMAX FIRELUKE MESH SUB-OHM TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
I have an odd question, and i say its odd because no smoke shop seems to be able to help me or know even what this specific oring is called. SO im adding two photo's to show the location of where this o'ring is in my Freemax fireluke tank. Its the part under the drip tip and inside the circle is a small o'ring. Only i would be capable of this, but while cleaning the mouthpiece and this part, the o'ring inside it fell out and was snapped in half. Since this happened, the juice is coming right up through the drip tip and into my mouth. Im assuming that the rubber piece is what prevents the juice from coming out of the tank and up through the sides. It is causing the juice not only to come up through the mouthpiece but all inside the coil and then leaking out the air vent. I know its this specific o'ring that is the issue. The store from which i bought it does not have the spare o'ring, and the spares i got with the tank didnt come with this o'ring. I was able to push the o'ring back into place inside the part but every so often when i take the part off to add juice to my vape, it messes it up and it starts happening again. Im looking for a replacement oring for this part but i dont even know the name of this part or if its called an o'ring and i cant find them online to order without the name but if i dont replace it my vape isnt going to work. Anyone able to help me out with this? pictures attached!
Image-1.jpg
Image.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Measure the diameter of the O ring, and go to the hardware store and see what they have. Ideally you would find one of a similar diameter.

You could also search at Fasttech they tend to have all sorts of spare parts for all sorts of things but well, you'd have a shipping lag but I'd say they'd be most likely to have the part.

Alternately contact the manufacturer, not the vendor directly and see if they will be willing to go about sending you one. Good luck,

Anna

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
sadly thats the same set that came with the tank and it doesn't include the o'ring for that part. I dont know why it seems to be an essential part to the tank so i don't know why they aren't included. the girl at the store even checked a new tank box to see if it was in that bag but it wasn't. its a smaller o'ring than the other's but a bit thicker

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Measure the diameter of the O ring, and go to the hardware store and see what they have. Ideally you would find one of a similar diameter.

You could also search at Fasttech they tend to have all sorts of spare parts for all sorts of things but well, you'd have a shipping lag but I'd say they'd be most likely to have the part.

Alternately contact the manufacturer, not the vendor directly and see if they will be willing to go about sending you one. Good luck,

Anna
Tried that today but no go :( nothing that would fit. This is probably a dumb question but who would the manufacturer be? i tried googling freemax but im not sure who the manufacturer would be or anything. I just bought it in store and they are fairly new here

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
You can also pm @Freemax_Jerry . He may be able to help you when they come back from vacation.:)
His response was to buy a whole new tank -_- I bought this tank less than a month ago. I shouldn’t have to buy a whole new one. This is clearly an important o’ring yet it doesn’t come as a replacement with the others and I’m being told to just buy a whole new $53 tank. I’m a full time university student, barely making ends meet, I can’t afford to buy another one. Trying to quit smoking and I’m new to vaping and new to quitting and I’m being told I have to spend another $53 because this small but apparently important o’ring broke. However somebody else commented on the thread and gave me an email which looks like a customer service email for free you ask so I contacted them and hopefully they can send me a replacement or something

• Optimistic

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
I was told to buy a whole new tank by freemax jerry. I can’t afford to get a whole new tank. And shouldn’t have to for this one small o’ring, it should be included with the other replacements. It’s clearly an important piece yet it’s not included with the other replacements. I don’t have another $53 to spend on a new tank and it’s not even a month old

• Optimistic

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
His response was to buy a whole new tank -_- I bought this tank less than a month ago. I shouldn’t have to buy a whole new one. This is clearly an important o’ring yet it doesn’t come as a replacement with the others and I’m being told to just buy a whole new $53 tank. I’m a full time university student, barely making ends meet, I can’t afford to buy another one. Trying to quit smoking and I’m new to vaping and new to quitting and I’m being told I have to spend another $53 because this small but apparently important o’ring broke. However somebody else commented on the thread and gave me an email which looks like a customer service email for free you ask so I contacted them and hopefully they can send me a replacement or something

Wow thats certainly a bad response, "buy a new tank".

Where are you from, apparently you are outside the US. The Fireluke is less than $25.00 and I only checked one site that I like to use. FreeMax FireLuke Mesh Sub-Ohm Tank | Vape Tanks

You can buy the whole top by itself for $3.95 plus shipping but so far I'm only finding the resin version. I bought a top cover for my Freemax Mesh Pro from these guys. My Google Fu must be weak tonight.

FreeMax FireLuke Mesh Tank Top Cover and Drip Tip Combo

If you can find someone here with the Fireluke resin and and ask them if it has the same o-ring on the underside of the top cover as the your picture then you could by the resin top cover just to get the o-ring. If you can't find a way to compare the 3 models of the Fireluke Mesh, it might be worth the $3.95 risk that all three top caps are the same on the inside.

I tried to find an exploded view of each tank, again, my Google Fu failed but in looking at this picture it looks like where the top cover attaches is the same on all 3 styles of the Fireluke Mesh.

fmfm.png

Hope this helps

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018

Where are you from, apparently you are outside the US. The Fireluke is less than $25.00 and I only checked one site that I like to use. FreeMax FireLuke Mesh Sub-Ohm Tank | Vape Tanks

You can buy the whole top by itself for $3.95 plus shipping but so far I'm only finding the resin version. I bought a top cover for my Freemax Mesh Pro from these guys. My Google Fu must be weak tonight.

If you can find someone here with the Fireluke resin and and ask them if it has the same o-ring on the underside of the top cover as the your picture then you could by the resin top cover just to get the o-ring. If you can't find a way to compare the 3 models of the Fireluke Mesh, it might be worth the $3.95 risk that all three top caps are the same on the inside.

I tried to find an exploded view of each tank, again, my Google Fu failed but in looking at this picture it looks like where the top cover attaches is the same on all 3 styles of the Fireluke Mesh.

View attachment 771857
Hope this helps
Yeah it’s starting to look like I might just have to buy the top part of the tank. So I know the top part of the part I’m talking about is called a driptip or something like that, I’m assuming the part under it has a different name. Wish I knew what it was called. It’s a pain in the ... to have to go buy a whole new tank for one tiny o’ring. I can’t understand why there is a replacement ring for every other part but not this one. It’s obviously an important part of the tank you would think they would have thought about that o’ring coming out or breaking and make replacements for that one too but I guess they thought exactly what he’s telling me to do and figured they would make more money by getting someone to buy a whole new tank but i don’t think so: there has to be an alternative: there has to be some way to get this o’ring without getting a whole new tank or part. I did email the people that a previous person that commented told me to email. It seemed to be the contact email for freemax customer service. If I have no luck with them, I may have to buy a whole new mouthpiece which I hope is cheap. I know here where I live the tank alone was $53 in store although I probably could have gotten it a lot cheaper online: I was more concerned that if something went wrong, I would know the store I bought it from would know how to fix it but apparently that’s not the case for this tank. It’s fairly new here: I think I’m only the second or third person to have bought it but I assume more have since me: but it’s less than a month old, I better not have to get a whole new tank, if that’s the only option the store had better be letting me return this one and replace with a new one: I know I broke it trying to clean it but I was being really careful with it and didn’t use water or anything: just a dry cosmetic pad and the ring came off way to easily, and no replacements
I’m going to assume that it would have to be this specific freemax. The other tanks are shaped and built differently so I don’t think an o’ring from another one would work; besides it looks like it isn’t a common o’ring that is replaced :/ I hope I can just get a new ring sent to me or something. I’m also going back to the smoke shop this week when the owner is back so hopefully she can help me if all else fails. Thanks for the suggestions! I never thought to just get a new mouthpiece online. Might look into that too but sadly my student loan is gone and I don’t even have a dollar to my name or food in my house -_- I didn’t expect to run into this issue only having it for less than a month and it’s not the first issue I’ve had. When it works it’s great! But when there’s an issue all goes to hell and it don’t work and .... gets ruined. Because of this issue I had 3 brand new coils ruined and had to throw them out. Coils that are suppose to last 3 weeks and I got a day out of them because of this one o’ring that has no replacements. Its causing juice to go all through the tank in places it shouldn’t be going. And do you think I have a smoke left while waiting to get my vape fixed? No sorry for the rant, I’m just ...... off and it’s the holiday weekend so smoke shops are closed till Tuesday. Fortunately I managed to get the ring back in place and pushed the two ripped ends together enough so that it’s working, but sometimes when I go to change the juice, unscrewing the mouthpiece messes it up and I get the issue all over again. Using the juice sparingly so I don’t have to change it as much.
Anyways I’m rambling haha thanks for the suggestions!

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018

View attachment 771857
Hope this helps
I’m in Canada by the way, Nova Scotia in a small town and don’t feel bad about google. It’s been no use to Me either and it’s hard when you don’t know the name of that part under the driptip or whatever it’s called. It just doesn’t seem to be a common issue, of course this would happen to me lol

• Optimistic

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I’m in Canada by the way, Nova Scotia in a small town and don’t feel bad about google. It’s been no use to Me either and it’s hard when you don’t know the name of that part under the driptip or whatever it’s called. It just doesn’t seem to be a common issue, of course this would happen to me lol

Are you opposed to trying the $3.95 fix?

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Are you opposed to trying the $3.95 fix?
Definitely not opposed, just need to get that money lol that’s how broke I am right now. I had to put a lot of money into this vape because of the issues, between coils,
Juice and replacement parts, I’ve spent more than I should have and now I’m broke. I’m living on a student loan that’s gone so it depends when I can get the money. I’m sure someone will lend me it. Actually I might have enough on my card but I probably only have $4 lol I’m assuming shipping will cost more than the part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread