The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Orion has made me miserable. sick of this bull

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Kevin King, Dec 29, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kevin King

Kevin King Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2012
    PA
    so i just got an orion v2.1 off the classifieds. worked for about one day, until i realized there was juice all in the inside and all over the switch. everytime i would hit the button it wouldnt stop firing.. so i took everything out, sprayed it with canned air, and then let sit in a bowl of rice for over 24hrs. put it back together and made sure the switch was lined up with the button. it worked!... for about 20 minutes.... now it wont fire at all. no matter how i press it or how hard it wont fire..

sorry for this, im just really sick of seeing all these "awesome" and "good quality" made products that are over 200 dollars, and come with multiple issues. if im paying 200 dollars for a mod it should work flawlessly. my provari wasnt even this much and its never miss fired once in over 6 months. like really?

2. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    Well.....i guess the Hybrid Honeymoon is over now ?!?!?!

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Electrical Contact Cleaner is a liquid spray that will dissolve the eliquid and clean the electrical contacts. Local auto store ought to have some.

4. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    i love ss mesh and would rather vape that only. and i need something small so the orion is perfect for that. so its only my luck that this would happen.

5. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    ok cool illl have to check that out

6. PhreakySTS9

PhreakySTS9 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's just a fluke. There are very few other hybrids out there that even have electronics at all to be honest. Most are mech mods.

7. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der

well,,the hype about these spendy hybrids is they are perfect,but this one leaks all over the place ,that is a little more to the point of what i was trying to make in the first place

i almost went into the high end mods until i realized,,for 40 bucks i could get the exact same experience and not have to worry so much about losing\destroying it

8. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
  9. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    thank you. i just got electrical cleaner and heat shrink tubing. really hope i fix this so i dont waste 200 of my dollars

10. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Careful with the Contact cleaner, don't want to get alot on your skin- Definitely not in the eyes.

11. KillTheNoise

KillTheNoise Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    Richmond, VA
  12. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    ha i know, i turned it off about 30 seconds into it. and the orion she was using is a v1.

13. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Lol, sorry guys, it was the only thing I could find.:blink:

14. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    i bought the electrical cleaner and it wont fire at all now. this is ridiculous! wat can i even do??? first time i get something off the classifieds i get ripped off. so pathetic im about to quit vaping and smoke reds again. ill atleast be able to use something that actually works if i do that

15. justinred

justinred Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    PH
  16. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    if i buy a new switch do i have to replace it myself, or does he send a whole new internal board with new switch already mounted? im not an electrician, so id rather not have to buy a souldering gun and attempt to rewire this 200 dollar "amazing" hybrid.

17. justinred

Oct 7, 2012
    PH
    Pailpoe will send you the switch assy. No soldering needed. Just assembly required.

18. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    oh ok that makes me feel alot better then. how can i contact this pailpo guy? sorry for my frustration, im just...frustrated.

19. justinred

Oct 7, 2012
    PH
  20. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.