Oryginal or fake VTC5A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Przemysław

Feb 8, 2018
Poland
Google spits out "dołek na policzku" for "dimples", it's those small craters some people get in their face when smiling.
Yeah, it looks very probable that you have originals then.
In the big pictures they have this two "dot holes" After the test in my charger (LiitoKala Lii500) they have about 2500mAh.

Reactions: stols001

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
… Most of the fakes are using fake shrinks, but printing on the battery requires machinery...I doubt, that those criminals will…
Bear :confused: no doubt: Seems like I got a six-pack of counterfeit/fake Samsung ICR18650-30B cells :-/ @ BLF

By the way, here's a picture of half of the VTC5A cells I received from Turmera Powerflagship Store more or less recently:

24apzm.jpg

:yawn:

I received them weeks ago but devoted no testing time until now, a quick test on one of them revealed discharge performance a bit below 30Q class. Date code is Oct :confused: 9th 2016 according to Batterybro 18650 Date Code Lookup Tool. Gonna drop a line to the seller pretty soon. :sneaky:

Cheers :)

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
Hi Barkuti - I didn´t say it is impossible to fake (I´m sure Tom Cruise can do :D), I just said it is very hard and requires some investments into machinery etc.
On the other hand, which Chinese manufacturer is able to manufacture a battery in the quality of 30Q?
I agree that in some cases, the only way to discover such fakes are only with Testing, especially when we talk about very similar technical specifications of batteries (like between VTC5 and VTC5A, or LG HE2 and HE4)

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Unfortunately, none of us can tell you if they are fake or real without close examination and testing . Different, old, or low grade VTC cells can be used so the dimples might not mean anything. The printing can vary considerably from factory to factory and be really wavy on genuine cells.

There is no way to tell unless the black top insulating ring is glued on. If yes, they’re definitely fakes. If no, and the ring is free-floating, then they MIGHT be genuine. Some fakes have free-floating rings now.

Przemysław

Feb 8, 2018
    Poland
    Unfortunately, none of us can tell you if they are fake or real without close examination and testing . Different, old, or low grade VTC cells can be used so the dimples might not mean anything. The printing can vary considerably from factory to factory and be really wavy on genuine cells.

There is no way to tell unless the black top insulating ring is glued on. If yes, they’re definitely fakes. If no, and the ring is free-floating, then they MIGHT be genuine. Some fakes have free-floating rings now.
    Hi,
    Thanks for help. This top black insulating ring wasn't glued. From the code they are from Dec 2015. And by the way I'm your fan and I'm always checking your tests before purchese of the battery :)

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread