Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
And I came up with and mixed another coffee recipe in the wee hours this morning that I am trying out.....

I have the lab equipment so used to extract all my own coffee concentrates for my DIY's. But I've suspended doing that until the ongoing research on drupe Lipids is figured out (Lipoid Pneumonia - there is at least one case attributed to vaping).

So all the concentrates in this new one are TFA from OSDIY. It's a Kona coffee based Latte with no extra sweet anything added. Percentages being subjective to personal taste I never list them. But for this first run I'm using 2 parts Kona Coffee with 2 parts VBIC and 1 part Bavarian Cream to smooth it out. A spin on the magnetic stir plate for a while and it was ready enough for a first try. For my taste it definitely needs more Kona for me, but it has strong possibilities for my uses.

Style: I DLH low sub ohm builds at mid to higher wattage (how high depending on whether regulated or mech mod and the DIY). So this test try is with a Profile Mesh rda on a 18650 mech squonk mod at about 100W; and with a DMP Mesh RDA on a 21700 regulated squonk mod at 65W.

FWIW I drink black 100% Peaberry Kona Coffee more often than not that I get from specific plantations on the Big Island (based on each seasons reviews for the best of that harvest). Kona coffee's themselves are in a way all unto their own and have a strong flavor. But only about 5% of all Kona cherries form as a Peaberry (1 bean per cherry instead of 2). The Peaberries need separate care/roasting, in part why they are expensive. But their special properties take Kona to a higher level that is generally considered the best of the best Kona by many coffee connoisseurs (like myself).

Have fun if you try Kona coffee... just keep in mind to work your way up to your personal taste level. Like the Mesquite coffee I also drink a little goes a long ways and it can sneak up on you fast.

Peaberry coffee beans... similar to a football, are more dense, have a more concentrated flavor and roast more evenly.
Peaberry.jpg

Normal coffee beans, flat on one side since two are nestled together like a peanut in normal coffee cherries.
coffee-beans.jpg

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Kind of forgot how much enjoyment I get from brainstorming totally new to me recipes. A new health issue has been holding me close to home for a couple of weeks now, so I have been putting the long hours into DIY. From that my 'to try' recipe list now has 24 new ones on it. I mixed two of them this morning. First one is off the stir plate. Now days I make most of them to be SP&V (SP can be as little as 1 hour to as long as it takes). First one is not bad at all, just needs a little bit more tweaking (I know what it needs). Second one is on the SP now. I am so confident in this one meeting my personal tastes perfectly that I mixed a 150ml batch of it instead of the 30ml test batches I normally make with brand new recipes. It'll be on the SP for some hours yet.

I'm too tired to do anymore more today (no sleep for days). So recliner duty, some favored music from my era and a half dozen mods at my fingertips is the plan for now.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I recently picked up some OSDIY flavors so I thought I'd say 'Hi' in here.

I've only tried the BCR so far but I like it! I did read up on it a little before mixing and I have to say it's exactly as described, a very nice cinnamon roll, heavier on the baked roll, lighter on the cinnamon. I like a little more cinnamon in mine so I added a touch along with a touch of CCI and man, it's just about perfect. :thumbs:

I have a few more flavors to test but so far so good, very good at that. I was also impressed with how fast my order got shipped, not to mention I got CANDY too! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread