Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sugar, can I ask how you vape, and what nic strength you mix to? I am curious how your vaping style, and mixing preferences will compare to my own.:)
Currently I am at 3mg 50/50 pg/vg. I have the succulent strawberry in an stm .54 ohms @ 12W

:)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yep...the Lucky Shot + Lotta Latte is a wonderful combination IMO, too. I've been vaping it since June 2016, and have helped a few local vapers and others get "hooked" on it also. My hairdresser, who doesn't DIY, has me make 100mL bottles of it for her, since it's her ADV.

When I'd called OSDIY back then, to ask a couple questions, Kimberly casually mentioned that she had an ADV for several years, that was just a simple mix of equal parts of LS + LL. She thought I might want to try it, too...since I'd been buying their 4 oz. bottles of Lucky Shot already. So I added a sample size Lotta Latte to my next order. I vaped not even a small tank full of it...and it was an instant winner for me! I let her know I loved it and asked what she'd named the combo...to use on my bottle labels. She laughed and said she didn't even have a name for it, so I started calling mine "Caramel Latte". Ever since then...I buy the Lotta Latte in the 4oz. bottles, too.

The % of each used will vary to suit your own taste, as always. Kimberly uses 10% of each in hers, and she vapes 24mg eliquids. I like 7% LS + 6% LL in my 7mg DIY. Another ECF member I make it for likes 9% LS + 8% LL for hers @ 12mg or 15mg nic. As @ChelsB said above, she uses 12% of each to make her Lucky Latte.

So, no matter what % of each works best for your own taste, and whatever you decide to name it...it just might be a real simple to make "winner" for you, too, if you give it a try. Don't forget to use the code ECF for even their sample sizes, too! :thumbs:

I spoke with Kimmer a while back about percentages for her LL/LS combo also. She did say that she uses somewhat older, and probably not as efficient tanks, and she uses around 10% of each. I found that for me, with my smallish chamber squonk attys, that’s too high for me. I like about 5% of each. Sometimes, I’ll use a little more Lotta Latte than Lucky Shot, but the total, between the two, is always about 10%. It might be 6% LL with 4% LS.
Likewise, with any of the OSDIY flavors and Blends I’ve tried, I usually start around 10%. Often, I find I like less. But it all depends on the type ofequipment you use, and how you vape.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I spoke with Kimmer a while back about percentages for her LL/LS combo also. She did say that she uses somewhat older, and probably not as efficient tanks, and she uses around 10% of each. I found that for me, with my smallish chamber squonk attys, that’s too high for me.

Yep, she uses Aerotanks. She also makes her eliquids at a finished 24mg nic. So, both of those factors might affect how much flavoring she uses to get the taste she likes.

I've never tried the combo at 10% of each, because it's plenty tasty to me already at 7% LS + 6% LL, at my finished 7mg nic. Plus, at 10% each, it would gunk my coils even quicker, IMO. :thumbs:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yep, she uses Aerotanks. She also makes her eliquids at a finished 24mg nic. So, both of those factors might affect how much flavoring she uses to get the taste she likes.

I've never tried the combo at 10% of each, because it's plenty tasty to me already at 7% LS + 6% LL, at my finished 7mg nic. Plus, at 10% each, it would gunk my coils even quicker, IMO. :thumbs:

I’ve also tried a couple of the Chef’s Flavors; RYWhore And Vapefella. Both are very good; but the recommended starting percentages of 20-30% seemed crazy high to me.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I’ve also tried a couple of the Chef’s Flavors; RYWhore And Vapefella. Both are very good; but the recommended starting percentages of 20-30% seemed crazy high to me.

I haven't tried any of the CF, because of the recommended %. Kimberly said she likes the Green Lush, and it's currently 1 of her ADV. She said another is very good, too, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I haven't tried any of the CF, because of the recommended %. Kimberly said she likes the Green Lush, and it's currently 1 of her ADV. She said another is very good, too, but I can't remember it at the moment.
I have steeping the Chefs' Devon Cream. Personally, I cannot find much difference in this and a lot of the other 'creams' out there. Just taste tested and I didn't find anything that I thought made it stand out from the rest. I only mixed it @10% because for my tastes I don't need anything higher. May be a good 'helper' type of flavor.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Just a couple years ago, the standard for flavor percentages seemed to be around 20% total flavor, plus or minus. Equipment has become so much more efficient lately that it seems like that figure has been cut in half, in many cases. I’ve found that a lot of the DIY recipes I developed myself, 5 or 6 years ago, back when I was using genesis tanks, had to be modified, when I began using newer squonk attys. I’m rarely over 10% total flavor, and often less, nowadays.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
OK,what I have mixed is the strawberry at 10% and 30ml, Arnold Palmer at 8% and 30ml. Tennessee Whiskey at 8% and 15ml.

I should also say I'm a low wattage vaper.
So have you got to try any of these yet?
:)

eta:
I should have read a couple of post down. lol
Haven't tried the Tennessee Whisky. Does it really taste like whiskey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread