The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

OSDIY - flavors, % used and everything else

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Sugar_and_Spice, Dec 8, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I don't have the melon or cookie dough, for some reason I am not a melon fan, I have just used them as an additive, never a primary flavor. I do have some Cup Cake Batter coming today, that I might try with this mix later. I do also have some of the FW Yellow Cake, I never tried it because of the reports of it being a coil gunker. Maybe I will try a small amount of it with this. :unsure:

KAS

• Like Like x 2
  2. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I only use the wild melon as an add on with other melons like watermelon. At low % its a good sort-of fill or blender, if that makes sense. As far as yellow cake goes, well if its flavor or changing a coil theres no contest.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PJReid

PJReid The Boozy Wench Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I don't have many FLV flavorings but IMO, their Pastry Zest is essential for bakery flavors. It is fabulous! I would go to them for things that you can't find anywhere else, or are just special! My humble opinion, FWIW.

• Like Like x 4
  4. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    Their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends are all definitely vape safe. Nothing but bases of PG or VG, a combo of PG/VG in some, and some with ethyl alcohol.

As far as the major brands they carry (TFA, CAP, etc.) they're the ones other vendors carry, too. So you're probably already familiar with which of those have what bases.

They also carry some other not so common brands like Chef's Flavours (from the UK) and others. I've not really investigated those though, so you'd probably have to check the ingredients they show for them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Did you get this sorted out?
    Wondering if 10% is too much for this one, haven't ordered it yet to try tho.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    I haven't called Kim again yet about it. Reason is: Since further diluting it (mentioned in my earlier post) + adding 2 drops of TFA Smooth, then leaving it alone for another 2 days...I can vape it perfectly OK now. I have no unpleasant stinging/sensitivity, nor headache, and the wonderful flavor is definitely still there. After diluting it twice, it probably came down to about 3% SS. So I'm going to make my next batch at 3% from the get-go and see how it does as it gets older. My guess is that it'll be fine there for me, over any period of time!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I am so glad you did not have to give up this wonderful flavor.

:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Me too:)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    What % do you use for PL. If you told me, I forgot........sigh....I hate when that happens

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Well late last night I broke down, set up a tank and tried the mix I made. I can't really taste the Cake flavors at all, the strawberry is good at 7%, but I thought I should to go up to 10%. I mixed up another batch, and changed my cake mix in it. The strawberry is good I just want a stronger flavor, and I also want to taste the cake. I will definitely be ordering more of this strawberry. :)

KAS

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    The succulent strawberry will mellow out the first couple of days, then it starts to get stronger as it ages. Cake mixes(as you know) usually have a week to two to age. You may want to make an additional bottle and set it aside to determine the process. YMMV

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    I'm happy with it @ 4-5%. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I will just finish this tank and let the rest sit. I thought that I had read that the Flavorah ones that I used, did not need much steeping. I knew I was jumping the gun though from the start. :blush:

KAS

• Like Like x 3
  15. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I have always been the world's most boring vaper when it comes to juice. I stuck with the same commercial juice from the beginning, after trying several. When I started DIY, I couldn't duplicate that mix so came up with a Creme de Menthe with added menthol and Koolada that I loved. I wanted to love fruit with menthol and/or Koolada but just didn't love anything I tried. Last night, I mixed up a new Blue Slush based on OSDIY's Blue Raspberry Slush and so far, I am really enjoying it. Maybe this is the one!

Blue Shlush
    Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy (CAP) 1%
    Blue Raspberry Slush (OSDIY) 8%
    Hibiscus (CAP) 0.5%
    Pink Champagne (FW) 2%
    Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA) 1.5%
    Strawberry (TPA) 2%
    WS-23 30% Solution 1%

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    What is the WS in the recipe? The forum truncated the links to not working.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    WS-23 is a cooling agent similar to Koolada. It is available from Chef's Flavours, Ecigexpress, and probably other places already in a 30% solution. You can buy the crystals and DIY it as well. Koolada is a great substitute and I will probably make it with Koolada next time for comparison. I doubt it will be much different really.

EDIT: I just checked and OSDIY has WS-23 from Chefs Flavours in stock.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  19. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    OSDIY SALE - Until midnight tomorrow night. 17% off most things on the website. (Kimberly told me before that Chef's Flavorings aren't included in sales since they cost OSDIY so much.) Use either code at Checkout: JFK or ECF

BTW - IF you want one of the more popular One Stop Flavors or One Stop Blends, but it shows it's Out of Stock (like the Blueberry is now in the 120mL size since placing my order)...wait and don't place your order for awhile. Kimberly will usually add more to the In Stock count. She doesn't list the entire quantity available for many of the most popular ones, so 1 or 2 people can't go in and wipe it all out. Said she has had vendors who sell eliquids they make from them...that would do that sometimes during sales.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  20. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Wish I could give this a "like" as well as "useful" and thanks for the info!

I thought maybe I just got lucky on my last order. I was in desperate need for the LL and LS to make up my Lucky Latte and wanted to up the size to 120ml bottles. But it showed out of stock. Almost ordered a couple 30ml bottles of each, but decided to fill in the "notify me" form. Lo and behold, I got an e-mail the next morning that it was back in stock, so made my order immediately and soon had my stuff. I thought maybe I just got lucky, but wondered and......

A big thank you and :thumbs: to Kimberly for going the extra mile for her customers! Just another reason One Stop gets all my flavoring business!

On a side note, I had also been trying to figure out what to get a wife that has too much of everything for Christmas, so picked up the DIY bath fizzie kit for her. Anxious to find out how she likes it!

• Like Like x 5